Don't have an account? Create one!

What do the radio/TV stations in your area think of MCR?

AuthorMessage
Bow
Killjoy
Bow
February 1st, 2007 at 04:18pm
Our local radio plays nothing of there's at all. I'm pretty miffed but then I've found alot of the stations in the UK seem to be missing the boat here! Come on people these guys are HOT!
Buffy Summers
Always Born a Crime
Buffy Summers
February 1st, 2007 at 09:31pm
The radio station I listen to, 89x, plays MCR maybe once I day. (and believe me I squeal everytime that happens, i dunno why)

But they seem to like them, I guess. They dont really say too much about them. They did give away free tickets to their Detroit show a couple weeks ago, but of course, I already had tickets, lol.
evilalice
Salute You in Your Grave
evilalice
February 1st, 2007 at 10:52pm
The radio station I listen to plays them, it's an alternative station and for Christmas they had a Christmas concert with My Chem...so it's safe to say that MCR are supported by them. It sucks though because the local pop station plays them a lot as well so we get the lame ass posers.
americanidiot
Fabulous Killjoy
americanidiot
March 1st, 2007 at 08:28pm
My radio station has mixed opinions.
Morning DJ likes them
Afternoon guy dosnt play them.
And the night person calls them 'fags' and 'My Gay-Assed-Emo -Shit Romance' but he still plays them
mirarle
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mirarle
March 2nd, 2007 at 04:01am
Not a lot of love for them, but still plays them.
They were making fun of emo one morning and shit talked MCR a bit. And it annoys me so much they emphasize Rise Against for the show, while it is MCR's The Black Parade Tour, with support Rise Against, not RA/MCR.
>_> I love RA, but really, it's MCR's epic show!
And made fun of the fans. Being fan, didn't like that.
if they weren't the only alt/rock station in my area, I would stop listening.
mcrcrazedfan
Salute You in Your Grave
mcrcrazedfan
March 2nd, 2007 at 09:12am
At the moment I am trying to win backstage passes to a MCR concert on the radio station! Very Happy
Jake
Joining The Black Parade
Jake
March 2nd, 2007 at 01:49pm
Yeah, our radio station had a Christmas concert with them too.
Uh, they think they're okay I guess. They play their songs.
I think the actual DJs themselves aren't really into them - they're more into older stuff.
But the songs they play on the radio aren't for them, it's for the people, so they don't really have a choice.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
March 2nd, 2007 at 04:47pm

From where I live, Im pretty sure that peple think MCR are awsome! Yea there are people who dont like them , but there will always be people like htat! Very Happy
Quinn.
Bleeding on the Floor
Quinn.
March 3rd, 2007 at 01:19am
my friend just heard a radio station play mama.

im gonna kill them
Synyster Gates
Awake and Unafraid
Synyster Gates
March 3rd, 2007 at 08:42am
my local radio station (the bay) never play them. its more older music and pop music. even at the hot 7 at 7 they don't play them. i don't think they want to play a band thats laybelled 'emo'. but Radio 1 plays alot of them Very Happy
tennant.
Full of Ephedrine
tennant.
March 4th, 2007 at 12:04pm
I listen to Xfm manchester and the only time I've heard them played was when WTTBP was last weeks modern classsics and my mates heard them a few times on radio 1
daniel radcliffe.
In a Bullet's Embrace
daniel radcliffe.
March 4th, 2007 at 07:47pm
ROMANCE;:
WTTBP has been one of the most played songs here. and i heard somewhere that FLW has already been played on radio, but i'm not sure, cus i don't listen radio that much.
Your_Lady_Of_Sorrows
Bleeding on the Floor
Your_Lady_Of_Sorrows
March 10th, 2007 at 02:16pm
both singles are played on the radio here, studio brussel, an alternative radio channel
buyt they play the vids lots too...
Synyster Lisa
Demolition Lover
Synyster Lisa
March 13th, 2007 at 04:11pm
the WTTPB gets played on 3 radio stations here (Chicago)...but one of those Q101, plays the 3 old singles: "I'm Not Okay, Helena, Ghost Of You" (I got the one DJ to play GOY for me on my birthday....and she actually dedicated it to me....) Umm....they actually know about their first disk, but they don't play the songs....the afternoon DJ does this "Album Democracy thing" (You vote on an album, and vote for 5 songs for him to play. (They actually did 3 cheers once)) I should vote for bullets.....

Ahem....most of the MCR concerts here are "Q101 shows" They talk about MCR a lot, They like MCR.....(The morning show Sports Caster apparently likes Bob, he thanked Bob for bringing him something from Japan)

So yeah....they play the 3 other singles, They play "Welcome To The Black Parade" "Famous Last Words" And they just started playing "Teenagers"............Yes I said it..."Teenagers"
Tacky and Irrelevant
Salute You in Your Grave
Tacky and Irrelevant
March 13th, 2007 at 06:44pm
WTTBP and FLW are played on the radio, let's say just a little bit "too much".
Now everyone knows their lyrics and don't know what MCR stands for...
I hate the radio for that
Tragic.
Banned
Tragic.
March 13th, 2007 at 10:02pm
I don't ven listen to the radio any more,
It's useless and BORING,
There's only BAD music, or the president's talking,
So I always have my Mcr Cd.
Thank God.
dom howard.
Banned
dom howard.
March 15th, 2007 at 11:25am
in the UK, on BBC Radio 1, they play MCR way too much. And they say stuff about "emo", and how Gerard looks like that guy from the X-Factor.
xXhopeXx
Motor Baby
xXhopeXx
March 17th, 2007 at 04:53am
some ones in nz over play the songs and they are just killing them now
purveyors of dreams.
Salute You in Your Grave
purveyors of dreams.
March 17th, 2007 at 04:56am
I don't listen to the radio anymore, but my friend told me that one of the radio-DJs flew to LA just to see MCR live.

That's pretty cool.
Moses
Motor Baby
Moses
March 17th, 2007 at 08:19am
um.....its not a tv or radio station but metro newspaper called them a nightmare for parents and a menace to societies youth.....something like tht ..i cut it out and stuck it on the cover of my english folder along with a pic of gee in the helena vid carrying the coffin which just freaks out the fuckers i sit with...