Don't have an account? Create one!

What do the radio/TV stations in your area think of MCR?

AuthorMessage
haylie
Killjoy
haylie
March 17th, 2007 at 11:44am
mcr doesn't get much of a look in on the radio.

i noticed when line-ups are read out my chem are never mentioned even if i know they are playing at the festival or whatever which i think is slightly out of order.

they only place i hear them played often is on kerrang radio.
Moses
Motor Baby
Moses
March 17th, 2007 at 01:13pm
thy get played alot on martin bates rock show on XFm on sundays nights from 10 till one and then radio 1s rock show on monday nights from 11 till 2 and then the punk show which goes on after tht i all ways listen to them great for catching new music!
Moses
Motor Baby
Moses
March 17th, 2007 at 01:13pm
ps..and indeed the british do rock best! lol
MikeyWayluver013
Killjoy
MikeyWayluver013
March 22nd, 2007 at 11:14pm
Well, on the Edge, they play a FLW i think everyday, and I've heard WTTBP on a couple of other stations. MCR even took over the Edge on the day they were actually here! Cool (i listened to that the whole time). so, i think MCR is pretty well respected and stuff here! (at least on the radio...i have no idea about on tv)
dom howard.
Banned
dom howard.
March 23rd, 2007 at 01:54pm
Also, the daily mail (yet another trashy british tabloid) wrote an article slamming emos, and said mcr promote self-harm, etc. thats why i dont read that newspaper anymore. wouldnt even use the daily mail as toilet paper. people need to get their facts straight before slamming mcr.
Boo?
Bleeding on the Floor
Boo?
March 23rd, 2007 at 05:11pm
God, I don't listen to the radio because there's just crappy music.. It's like, only Hip/Hop and rap and all that bullshit..
Okay, sometimes they play good music, but I don't want to wait for like three god songs daily on the radio, among all the other shit..
And I have NEVER heard MCR on the radio, but I'm sure they played WTTBP and FLW...
A_kiss_of_jersey
Killjoy
A_kiss_of_jersey
March 23rd, 2007 at 05:32pm
GRock loves them and was even at the same MCR concert I was at.
Boo?
Bleeding on the Floor
Boo?
March 23rd, 2007 at 06:31pm
Yeah, well I live in Norway, and sadly we don't have that channel...
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 23rd, 2007 at 06:48pm
They get played..well, "Welcome To The Black Parade".
VampireCupcake
Bleeding on the Floor
VampireCupcake
March 23rd, 2007 at 07:46pm
I here Welcome to Black Parade or Famous Last Words sometimes, but rarely. MCR was at Twisted Christmas, though. That was the radio station's concert, so I'm assuming that they like them. Smile
snagicous
Jazz Hands
snagicous
March 23rd, 2007 at 07:49pm
Hm, I've got a question: other than the singles, can other songs from My Chem be aired on the radio? Like, can they play Dead! or Heaven Help Us [albums songs and B-sides]?
MikeyWayluver013
Killjoy
MikeyWayluver013
March 24th, 2007 at 11:41pm
snagicous:
Hm, I've got a question: other than the singles, can other songs from My Chem be aired on the radio? Like, can they play Dead! or Heaven Help Us [albums songs and B-sides]?

i think so. at least they played dead! here once...only once though...
macabre de coiffure
Fabulous Killjoy
macabre de coiffure
March 25th, 2007 at 03:27am
MikeyWayluver013:
Well, on the Edge, they play a FLW i think everyday, and I've heard WTTBP on a couple of other stations. MCR even took over the Edge on the day they were actually here! Cool (i listened to that the whole time). so, i think MCR is pretty well respected and stuff here! (at least on the radio...i have no idea about on tv)

I'm guessing you live in NZ too? =D Or is there another The Edge I don't know of?

Anyways, The Edge plays them a lot and has done a few interviews... I've heard one with Mikey when they were in Aussie with Green Day, two recent ones with Frank and the one right before the BDO with Bob and Gee.

And I think they can only play the singles on the radio, because they once played Dead! during that interview with Bob and Gerard and got their permission for it first.

But yeah, our radio and TV seems to love them. =) C4, the main music channel, plays IDLY, like, a gazillion times a day. XD
MikeyWayluver013
Killjoy
MikeyWayluver013
March 26th, 2007 at 09:45am
xEmmaluff:
MikeyWayluver013:

I'm guessing you live in NZ too? =D Or is there another The Edge I don't know of?

No, I think there is another The Edge that your thinking of. I live in AZ.

and so that this isn't totally off-topic: Well I just remembered, in an article I read about them in the newspaper, and they're still pretty well respected. Smile
Illuminatist
Salute You in Your Grave
Illuminatist
March 29th, 2007 at 02:47am
the first song they played here is WTTBP..it became number 1 for 2 months (im not exaggerating..its true)..the station i listen to likes MCR..one of the DJ there even recommends us (listeners) to grab a copy of it...now theyre playing FLW..

im hoping theyll play IDLY since its been out on our local music channel
ciar.
Shotgun Sinner
ciar.
March 29th, 2007 at 07:15am
i hear WTTBP and FLW and IDLY get played but the scariest thing isi hear them on Galaxy which is plays RnB and hip hop
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
March 29th, 2007 at 09:04am
According to LOTMS, My Chem was among the top 3 requested on K-Rock (I guess in '05?) but since I was in bloody FLORIDA at the time Razz I missed that boat. Right now I can't pick up K-Rock because a) I live on Long Island and the signal is too weak; b) My radio at work died and I've been too lazy to replace it, plus I'm always listening to my iTunes here so I don't care. The station I can pick up, JACK-FM, never plays My Chem or anyone else remotely current, so that's no help.

As far as Fuse and MTV go, I don't know if they are localized or what - everyone reports different sightings of My Chem that I haven't seen. Fuse was playing FLW ALOT at one point - now I guess it's out of rotation. We never got IDLY here, so I guess we're waiting on Teenagers. That's my report...sigh...not enough for me.
dom howard.
Banned
dom howard.
March 29th, 2007 at 12:49pm
Well at the mo', BBC Radio 1 is holding a private gig in London, and they only have about 200 tickets. I need to win.
Moses
Motor Baby
Moses
March 30th, 2007 at 09:59am
on monday....the docu is on at 7 and my chem will actually talk in it. i freaked out and fell of my chair when i heard gerard going hi this is gearar way and your listening to radio 1 i didnt bother trying to get tixs coz i live in scotland and cnt travel down...grr...
princeiona
Fabulous Killjoy
princeiona
April 2nd, 2007 at 06:51am
CynicalRomance:
on monday....the docu is on at 7 and my chem will actually talk in it. i freaked out and fell of my chair when i heard gerard going hi this is gearar way and your listening to radio 1 i didnt bother trying to get tixs coz i live in scotland and cnt travel down...grr...

Same, I'll be watching it tonight though Very Happy

It's quite funny that Radio 1 are suddenly being so nice to mcr, chris moyles used to take the piss out of 'emus' and how whiney mcr were whenever he had to play one of their songs.