Don't have an account? Create one!

Which is better? The Old or the New MCR?

AuthorMessage
aliss practice.
Shotgun Sinner
aliss practice.
March 4th, 2007 at 09:44am
Okay guys, as I am the owner of this thread [bow down!]
Here is something else for you to discuss;

Did they come up with this new sound on purpose?

I mean, Did they make this album to attract a certain type of fan?
Did they mean to make themselves big?

Discuss.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 4th, 2007 at 09:49am
Then again, if they made basically the same fucking album each time some people(not me!) might start to get bored. I'm glad the've proven their range. I hope they go in a more "hardcore" direction...to shut those "punk" bicthes up.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 4th, 2007 at 09:53am
Yeah, like I basically said above, they wanna prove they have a wide range. And new fans is always a good thing, except if they're fangirls, scenesters, trendwhores, and posers...which too many of them are. Now I hope they back to their roots!
The Ashcroft Moon
Bleeding on the Floor
The Ashcroft Moon
March 4th, 2007 at 11:20am
Just like Gerard said...You can't expect the same thing twice.
The Ashcroft Moon
Bleeding on the Floor
The Ashcroft Moon
March 4th, 2007 at 11:20am
Old MCR will always be better.
ab aeterno.
Lost My Fear of Falling
ab aeterno.
March 4th, 2007 at 03:29pm
Neutral
Hmm I think there old sound was better, but there voices and lyrics have gotten a bit better.
So I'd have to say there about even...XD

But yeah I think they kind of did make up a new sound, so that they could show that there not 'emo', even though I believe there is no such thing as an emo person.
Also I think they also reached out to more people, because they did save people's lives with Three Cheers, and on The Black Parade they're showing people that they shouldn't care what people think of them, or that there are other people out there that might be dealing with the same thing you are and that your not alone.
I also think that this record helps you to notice that the band goes through things everyday and overcomes them just like us.
Well...that's what I think anyways...Neutral Very Happy
Amanda Young
Bleeding on the Floor
Amanda Young
March 5th, 2007 at 10:04am
I perfer their new Music but I perfer their old image.
Shatterwall
Motor Baby
Shatterwall
March 5th, 2007 at 10:08am
Old attitued, old image, old personality, new music.
billy99
Motor Baby
billy99
March 5th, 2007 at 10:26am
I think it's evenly balanced. I like their old image. Some parts of their attitude worsened, some became better and same thing with the music. But I will always love 3C4SR the best.
my frankie romance
Killjoy
my frankie romance
March 5th, 2007 at 11:59am
i like the old and the new my chemical romance. i love the song cancer. i'm goning to see then at the S.E.C.C in glasgow on the 27th of march. i can't wait to see them especially frank.
RAVE on my grave
Bleeding on the Floor
RAVE on my grave
March 5th, 2007 at 12:59pm
Jigsaw.:
Neutral
Hmm I think there old sound was better, but there voices and lyrics have gotten a bit better.

Actually, I prefer the old, raw sound of Gerards voice - a little more passionate, methinks. And I waaaay prefer the lyrics on Revenge and Bullets, but that's just my little opinion.
But I agree with what you said about TBP and not caring what people think.

I personally prefer the old image, and I think the stage presence hs worsened a little for G. Way - but that's probably because he's sober now.So I'm not going to complain at all about that. Still love them though.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 5th, 2007 at 03:26pm
It may not even be right to call it an "old" or "new" thing. The change was pretty strictly for "The Black Parade". Gerard's back in black(which seemed to be some people's main concern), and there's no reason to think that they're a whole new band. They're just bigger.
Jepha.
Salute You in Your Grave
Jepha.
March 5th, 2007 at 04:14pm
I love Bullets. I seriously am in love with that album. I would LOVE for them to do another album like that or just play more songs from that album.
fallout vapor
Jazz Hands
fallout vapor
March 5th, 2007 at 04:25pm
I like it all. But what got me hooked on MCR was the old stuff. The first song I heard of theirs was "Helena" and I loved it, but never really got into the band until I listened to "Thank You For The Venom" which is a favorite of mine now.
fallout vapor
Jazz Hands
fallout vapor
March 5th, 2007 at 04:26pm
Aliss Is Dead.:
Okay guys, as I am the owner of this thread [bow down!]
Here is something else for you to discuss;

Did they come up with this new sound on purpose?

I mean, Did they make this album to attract a certain type of fan?
Did they mean to make themselves big?

Discuss.

I don't think so. I tend to hate bands who only write music to get rich or famous. I have a feeling that I wouldn't like MCR if I wasn't convinced that the change of direction was simply what they wanted to do.
a thousand suns.
Always Born a Crime
a thousand suns.
March 5th, 2007 at 05:29pm
Old? New? I think they're just the same MCR inside, even though their image may have changed.

And I really like how their music's developed. Bullets is nothing like Revenge. Revenge is nothing like TBP. And I like that- they're trying out various styles of music. And the fact that their music sounds more cut [if you get me] only shows how much they've matured since five years ago.

But that's just my opinion. And I like the fact that MCR don't care what people think- I doubt Gerard would bat an eyelid if he shaved his head and people hurled abuse at him.
Kira Lawliet
Fabulous Killjoy
Kira Lawliet
March 5th, 2007 at 05:37pm
I like how they changed. Some bands never change. But I like how the new Gerard isn't getting drunk like he used to, but otherwise I like both new and old.<3
konton.
Always Born a Crime
konton.
March 5th, 2007 at 05:38pm
I kinda miss the old MCR.
squishyXcore
Fabulous Killjoy
squishyXcore
March 5th, 2007 at 06:09pm
I'm left-handed.:
Old? New? I think they're just the same MCR inside, even though their image may have changed.

And I really like how their music's developed. Bullets is nothing like Revenge. Revenge is nothing like TBP. And I like that- they're trying out various styles of music. And the fact that their music sounds more cut [if you get me] only shows how much they've matured since five years ago.

But that's just my opinion. And I like the fact that MCR don't care what people think- I doubt Gerard would bat an eyelid if he shaved his head and people hurled abuse at him.

I totally agree.
=]
LameIsWhatIAimFor
Bleeding on the Floor
LameIsWhatIAimFor
March 5th, 2007 at 06:35pm
I prefer old mcr, it's nice that they have supposedly matured and they are sober, but they also seem like they are getting tired, they don't seem to have much fire left in them IMO.