Don't have an account? Create one!

Which is better? The Old or the New MCR?

AuthorMessage
pumpkinpiemuthafucka
Bleeding on the Floor
pumpkinpiemuthafucka
April 27th, 2007 at 02:43am
personally i prefer the "old" MCR...
I like the new look,but prefer the rawness of the old Gee,less polished,more RAW!!!!
Butters
Salute You in Your Grave
Butters
April 27th, 2007 at 04:00am
The old MCR, just cause as the albums have progressed, they've become a little bit more pop. But revenge is still my fav album!
Previously Perfect.
Jazz Hands
Previously Perfect.
May 20th, 2007 at 03:07am
come to think of it, i love them both "old" and "new" style.
the whole black parade idea made people notice them
the awesome riffs and fast music made people want more.
and i repeat: at least they arent a rap band!
SINATRA
Bleeding on the Floor
SINATRA
May 20th, 2007 at 05:29am
I prefer MCR around the Revenge era. Bullets was a good time for them, but the album isn't THAT amazing. TBP is a great album, but I don't like the album verison of Cancer, and I don't like Disenchanted. I can listen to Revenge over and over and over again and not skip one song off of it nor will I get sick of it. Although, I do prefer their live shows now as opposed to then, only because I am way into the fire and explosions and stuff.
Gee-Bear Whore
Motor Baby
Gee-Bear Whore
May 20th, 2007 at 05:48am
erm..
I like the old mcr..xcept for Gerards addictions...i think that their image was totally awesome and the music a bit more punk...their new image and music is different but still cool..
ToTheEnd..
Really Not Okay
ToTheEnd..
May 20th, 2007 at 10:18am
I like the old MCR. The best album is Revenge, thats just amazing
chloeBAM
Fabulous Killjoy
chloeBAM
May 20th, 2007 at 10:23am

i like mcr around the revenge era best
though i prefer them now to around bullets
..if that makes sense :]
death_comes_ripping
Motor Baby
death_comes_ripping
May 20th, 2007 at 10:37am
in my opion both.
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
May 20th, 2007 at 11:31am
i like the new mcr
but i like the old more they were so orginal
but i love the way they are but i dont know there music was so honest:p
mikey way.
Jazz Hands
mikey way.
May 20th, 2007 at 11:38am
I prefer the Revenge time. Their music was more rock/punk.
In The Black Parade they are now more popish with softer music and less screaming. I mean the Black parade was good when it first came out, but it just got boring to me after the album was out for 2 months. I mean I like The Black Parade but just revenge better Smile

I also liked their look when they didn't have one outfit to wear to every show and everyone in the band had their own style. Smile
Human Wreckage xx
Really Not Okay
Human Wreckage xx
May 20th, 2007 at 12:58pm
i love the new because its so "grown up" in a way
and i love the old because its raw.
skeleton00x
Jazz Hands
skeleton00x
May 20th, 2007 at 01:11pm
I like both because there still the same guys but jut produced different sounds of music.
MCR FREAK
Fabulous Killjoy
MCR FREAK
May 20th, 2007 at 01:52pm
Both really... I like all of theire songs, and some more tahn others.♥
My_Ethiena_Toes
Fabulous Killjoy
My_Ethiena_Toes
May 20th, 2007 at 03:10pm
Buried Wreckage:
I prefer the Revenge time. Their music was more rock/punk.
In The Black Parade they are now more popish with softer music and less screaming. I mean the Black parade was good when it first came out, but it just got boring to me after the album was out for 2 months. I mean I like The Black Parade but just revenge better Smile

I also liked their look when they didn't have one outfit to wear to every show and everyone in the band had their own style. Smile

I TOTALLY agree.
Mrs.AubreyLeeWay
Killjoy
Mrs.AubreyLeeWay
May 20th, 2007 at 03:31pm
same cute boys , with the same sweet talent....I'm just glad that the drug & drinking additions have dissempated.....
The Joker
Salute You in Your Grave
The Joker
May 20th, 2007 at 03:36pm
okay well im probably going to ramble alot so erm yeh your warned
this is what i think:
i love both old and new.. im probably leaning more towards the old though i mean bullets is just woah! well its amazing when i first got it i was like ooo eh this is different (i got it after revenge which is also brilliant) but yeh the more i listened to it the more it blew me away i mean its just so raw and rough around the edges and our lady of sorrows was and still is my favourite mcr song.
don't get me wrong the black parade is incredible i just i dunno really.. i kind of wished they hadn't got so big so fast i mean i hate the fact that i'm sick of hearing welcome to the black parade but its just everywhere. The shows are incredible and mind blowing now but while this is great there is also a downside. now you get alot more "teenies" who only go to shows to see gerard and are "mcrs biggest fans" even though they only downloaded famous last words and welcome to the black parade...this kind of annoys me (i dunno about everyone else)
and also mcr are quite hard to meet im really desperate to meet them but now they don't come out after shows because they play big arenas so can't possibly meet everyone waiting and the only way someone could meet them is either getting VIP passes or going to a signing but someone told me at signings you can only meet one member (is this true?)
but yeh also its just black parade merch everywhere i wanted a ring of fire armband but theyve stopped doing them now Sad and on their website it is nearly all black parade (which kind of surprised me to be honest) i would of thought they would of kept a few of the older merch but obviously not.
but yeh i dont mind what they look like its still mcr and they will always make amazing music and now i really cant wait for their next album and its concept Very Happy
Stewie G. Griffin
Motor Baby
Stewie G. Griffin
May 20th, 2007 at 05:57pm
I dont think theres much difference between new and old MCR.
They just grew up and evolved in many ways. And with TBP, they are acting as alter egos; theyre still the same 4 guys from Jersey and 1 guy from Chicago, ya know?

EDIT: Though recently they have changed a bit...but fame and having everyone know your bloody name will do that to a person.
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
May 20th, 2007 at 06:27pm
I love both, love old more, except for Gerard's addictions. Glad he kicked those.
J.D. Poe
Fabulous Killjoy
J.D. Poe
May 21st, 2007 at 12:30am
Aliss In Grievance.:
Did they come up with this new sound on purpose?

I mean, Did they make this album to attract a certain type of fan?
Did they mean to make themselves big?

Music in general is returning to the late 80's sound. Whether they did it consciously or subconsciously they kind of jumped on the band wagon with the old 80's sound.

williamshatner:
Bullets is their best album by far. Matt was a much better drummer than Bob, but I still love everything they've done.

I have to agree with you here, though Bob might be better for the TBP sound, Matt seemed to add an incredible fusion sound that they now lack . I dont know if the difference was just due to Matt or not but since he was involved with the first two its a reasonable assumption.

Personally I loved the fusion sound better with the first two albums. TBP is a good album and they took a lot of risks(by combining polar opposite sonic genres), which any musician can appreciate, but their first two albums were extremely exciting just because of the combination of fusion and the intense emotional sound they are famous for. Which had never been done before.

I prefer Way's vocals in the first two. I dont appreciate his new polished sound at all, its very 80's and there really wasnt anything good about vocals in the 80's. It sounds fake compared to his old vocals, though his lyrics are 100x better in TBP.

Taking the entire TBP album as a whole the sound is a bit boring. But if you listen to the songs individually they are incredible.

So, my vote is for the first two albums. I saw Way wearing a t-shirt in a magazine interview that said "music dorks love us" thats because of the fusion sound which is why many fans(the music dork ones) felt they sold out because it disappeared in TBP.
UnchArtEd schrEI
Jazz Hands
UnchArtEd schrEI
May 21st, 2007 at 12:53am
old or new it's still the same