Don't have an account? Create one!

04/27/2007 - Washington , D.C., Merriweather Pavilion

AuthorMessage
VeryMeryUnbirthday
Killjoy
VeryMeryUnbirthday
April 22nd, 2007 at 09:23am
well whether i know or not, i'm still gonna get there really early, and if they tell me i can't be in the pit then that's just total crap

that's just really weird... especially for an outdoor pavillion, you'd think they'd just let you go wherever you wanted...
kel.suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
kel.suicide
April 22nd, 2007 at 12:21pm
intoxicated.:
Oh I thought that you knew that for a fact. You were just saying they should?

yeah, sorry about that. hahaha.
intoxicated.
Always Born a Crime
intoxicated.
April 22nd, 2007 at 01:09pm
OperaChic:
well whether i know or not, i'm still gonna get there really early, and if they tell me i can't be in the pit then that's just total crap

that's just really weird... especially for an outdoor pavillion, you'd think they'd just let you go wherever you wanted...

I know. I hope this concert is different than the others.
kel.suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
kel.suicide
April 22nd, 2007 at 05:32pm
i knoww. pleaseee let this be different.

5 days!
intoxicated.
Always Born a Crime
intoxicated.
April 23rd, 2007 at 01:21pm
I talked to my friend who works at Merriweather in 3rd period today and she said since we got the presale tickets we should be on the floor. I mean, when MCR was advertising the presale tickets it did say floor tickets. If we don't get the floor then that's just false advertisement and I doubt MCR would do that to their fans.
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
April 23rd, 2007 at 03:05pm
Techincally, anything that is general admission are all considered floor seats.

Like at the Electric Factory in Philadelphia, all tickets are advertised as floor. Because it's a total GA venue. But there are seats upstairs that you must sit in if you want to drink or you may get stuck there if you show up too late. It's not actually false advertising because that's the chance you take at a GA only venue...pretty much, once you buy the ticket, it's totally up to you where you end up by how early you get there.
acousticxaffair
Killjoy
acousticxaffair
April 23rd, 2007 at 05:35pm
so my friends that are getting there at 11 in the morning are saving me and my other friend a spot in line. i'm soo happy now, i felt kinda down when i was told i'm going to be in the lawn for getting there at 4. but since my friends are getting there at 11 then that kinda garentees the pit, or at least seats.... hopefully. =] i'm so happy
intoxicated.
Always Born a Crime
intoxicated.
April 23rd, 2007 at 08:30pm
All I'm saying is Merriweather better not turn into a disappointment. I saw MCR at UMBC in 2005 and it was kick ass because you were allowed to go where ever you wanted, but Merriweather is layed out differently, of course. I just better be on the floor or really close to the stage...
VeryMeryUnbirthday
Killjoy
VeryMeryUnbirthday
April 23rd, 2007 at 09:34pm
ok. so my mom called the venue and they said that you do get a wristband when you go in, but as long as you're in the front you'll get one for the pit so i am very happy! ^-^

didn't someone post a map on here??? which way's the best way to go once in the gate to get there the fastest?
intoxicated.
Always Born a Crime
intoxicated.
April 24th, 2007 at 01:28pm
What do you mean? They pass out wristbands when you're in line, so if you're in the front of the line, you'll get a wristband for the pit, right? Or you just want to get to the pit as quick as possible?
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
April 24th, 2007 at 03:23pm
UGH! I'm driving from Jersey. That's like automatic lawn seats. So question, WHEN do they give out wristbands? As soon as you arrive or like an hour before gates open?
intoxicated.
Always Born a Crime
intoxicated.
April 24th, 2007 at 04:21pm
When the gates open is when they start with the wristbands.
VeryMeryUnbirthday
Killjoy
VeryMeryUnbirthday
April 24th, 2007 at 10:00pm
i mean i wanna get to the pit as quick as possible

again, sorry to ask so many questions, but i have one last one... ok. so do they allow cameras? and if no, is the security really intense? like, could i hide one in my pants and get away with it?................
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
April 25th, 2007 at 12:49pm
The rules state no cameras. They usually pat down your pockets and pants legs when I go to pavilions and outdoor concerts. The one place you can hide stuff (if you're a girl) is right under the front of your bra strap, just below/between the *ahem* breast area. They aren't allowed to pat there.

* No Bottles, Cans, or Coolers.
* Only one empty or factory-sealed water bottle allowed per customer.
* No outside food and beverage.
* No Baskets, Cameras, or Recording Devices.
* No Laser pointers, weapons.
* No Smoking allowed in the pavilion.
* Shoes must be worn.
* No pets.

Thanks to Intoxicated for fielding all of our questions. You're super awesome.
intoxicated.
Always Born a Crime
intoxicated.
April 25th, 2007 at 01:24pm
Haha! No problem.

I'm bringing a disposable camera, maybe. I don't care about the rules, lol.
Plus, if you have a camera phone you could always use that.
VeryMeryUnbirthday
Killjoy
VeryMeryUnbirthday
April 25th, 2007 at 03:35pm
yeah. thanks so much intoxicated. you really have helped so much! ^-^

haha! ^-^ that's funny about hiding it in your bra strap! that's actually a really good idea! i didn't even think of that! haha! that reminds me of another concert when this kid snuck in drugs and hid them in his underwear. he was like, "if they touch me there i'll sew them for sexual harassment!" lol... it was really funny....

so this is the last time i'm gonna get to talk to you all before the concert cause i'm leaving for the airport right after school, so i hope you all have an AMAZING time! ^-^

i really hope i see you guys there, but unfortunately i can't cause i don't know what you look like.... if anyone shouts out "i'm from imnotokay.net!" i'll say hi to you, though
kel.suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
kel.suicide
April 25th, 2007 at 07:10pm
okay, so, i sort of get it. i'll just get it whenever.
clumsy heart.
Banned
clumsy heart.
April 25th, 2007 at 09:04pm
hey, is getting there at 2 close to the front of the line you think?

because my friends step mom changed her mind and now wont take us untill 1 so we'll get there at two.

Ranting

so are the bands passed out RIGHT as you're walking through the gate?
and does anyone know what colors are better to have?
intoxicated.
Always Born a Crime
intoxicated.
April 26th, 2007 at 01:21pm
I wanted to get there by noon tomorrow, but my friend's mom won't let her miss chemistry so she's leaving school at 12:30 and then picking me up. Plus, we need food. So, I'll probably get there at like 1. I hope I'm towards the front of the line.
intoxicated.
Always Born a Crime
intoxicated.
April 26th, 2007 at 01:22pm
fuck of a gun.:
so are the bands passed out RIGHT as you're walking through the gate?
and does anyone know what colors are better to have?

I believe so and they'll probably tell you what your color means.