Don't have an account? Create one!

05/22/2007 - Portland, OR - Memorial Coliseum

AuthorMessage
Mikey.
Banned
Mikey.
April 25th, 2007 at 07:12pm
It really doesn't matter what you wear though.
Mikey.
Banned
Mikey.
April 30th, 2007 at 12:08am
Before on the Rose Quarter website, it said that the band Thursday was opening for them, but now it doesn't say anything about anyone opening for them, and there's just a blank space. Any idea what happened there?
paintitblack35
Killjoy
paintitblack35
April 30th, 2007 at 05:34pm
Hmm, Interesting. I wonder also what is up with that. Well, anyway, I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!! 22 days and counting. Get well soon MCR, Muse, and crew.
Mikey.
Banned
Mikey.
April 30th, 2007 at 07:25pm
Yupp. I can't believe it's already only 22 days away already. I remember I bought the tickets when it was 100 days away.
Awesome!
I wonder how many people from this place I'll see there. Not that I'll recognize anyone though.
DisenchantedPhantom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
DisenchantedPhantom
May 5th, 2007 at 01:55am
AHHH! I can't wait!!! I am coming up from Eugene and missing one of my classes so I can be at this show. WHooT!
Oh, and you can expect this show to be loud. Even though the building is old, and not hugenormous, the acoustics are AMAZING.
It holds about 12,000 for a basketball game, maybe around 10,000 for a show.
And that fucking excites me that they might do a signing... OMG. What am I gonna have them sign?!?!?
Mikey.
Banned
Mikey.
May 5th, 2007 at 01:58am
Yeahh, I hear there's a good chance they'll come out after the show so they can sign stuff and meet people.

The acoustics are amazing at the Memorial Colliseum? Are you sure you're thinking about the right place? Haha. Last time I was there, the acoustics weren't amazing, because they are old. Unless they like remodeled in the past few years or something...
DisenchantedPhantom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
DisenchantedPhantom
May 5th, 2007 at 03:06am
^^^ Yea!!!!! Eeeeeee! I for sure know now I am sticking around afterwards. I was contemplating it, but what I hear from people is they usually don't come out after big shows, so I was like, why bother?^^^
And I've always heard the Memorial Colliseum was designed to have good acoustics. I mean, it won't be like the Rose Garden where there are huge acoustic tiles that bounce the sound around...But it has pretty good acoustics for an old building with none of the high tech stuff. I've been to concerts and games there and never had a problem hearing stuff.
Mikey.
Banned
Mikey.
May 6th, 2007 at 08:15pm
Yeahh. That's what I meant pretty much; they're not as good as the Rose Garden.
I haven't been to the Memorial Coliseum in years anyway.
I'm staying after for a while. I think there's a good chance of meeting them since it is their last U.S. show.
DisenchantedPhantom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
DisenchantedPhantom
May 7th, 2007 at 12:44am
^^^ I for sure will be there. WHooT! ^^^
Mikey.
Banned
Mikey.
May 7th, 2007 at 01:14am
Awesome! I for sure will be too.
Let's hope the guys are all 100% better by the 22nd. I'm sure they'll be well enough to go on with the show, but it doesn't mean they'll be 100%. I hope they are though. I don't want to have to see them suffering through being sick.
DisenchantedPhantom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
DisenchantedPhantom
May 7th, 2007 at 03:24am
Yea. I am bummed mikey won't be there.... shucks.
Hopefully they will be feeling much better.
EyesShiningBright
Killjoy
EyesShiningBright
May 7th, 2007 at 10:57pm
OMG A SIGNING?!?!?! I will be there for sure!
Mikey.
Banned
Mikey.
May 7th, 2007 at 11:57pm
We're not 100 percent sure that there'll be a signing, but we are guessing that there will be.
DisenchantedPhantom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
DisenchantedPhantom
May 8th, 2007 at 12:27am
I wonder when and where.... will it be after the show?
Mikey.
Banned
Mikey.
May 8th, 2007 at 08:08pm
Yeahh, if there's one I'm 98% sure it'll be after the show. If they do one, I heard it'll be by where their tour buses are parked, which is usually behind the building I think. Other people will be waiting there.
Mocker
Salute You in Your Grave
Mocker
May 8th, 2007 at 10:28pm
Only 14 days left! Im so excited.

I really hope theres a signing.
DisenchantedPhantom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
DisenchantedPhantom
May 10th, 2007 at 07:52pm
I hope a ton of people aren't there. Security might not let them out if there are... Maybe we should keep it hush hush (too late now...)?
Mikey.
Banned
Mikey.
May 10th, 2007 at 08:23pm
There won't be a signing... of course not... *shifty eyes*

There's a 50/50 chance. Remember you have to wait for HOURS though in the cold. Those of you who live around Portland know, it's rarely warm at night. And it could rain too. You wouldn't want to wait in the nasty Portland weather would you??

...haha, I'm not good at convincing.
DisenchantedPhantom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
DisenchantedPhantom
May 10th, 2007 at 08:37pm
WE LIED! MCR HATES PORTLAND AND CAN'T WAIT TO GET THE HELL OUTTA THERE! THEY DON'T WANT TO MEET US!

Gah, this was posted on the Rose Garden website for the show...

The following items will not be allowed into the arena:
- No Weapons of any kind
- No Chains or wallet chains
- No Knives or sharp items
- No Fireworks or laser pointers
- No backpacks or waist packs
- No cans, bottles or outside food/beverage
- No audio/video recording devices
- No cameras

I for sure am not bringing my digital camera now... and I might be hiding my cheap camera in my bra. Yea...
Mikey.
Banned
Mikey.
May 10th, 2007 at 11:35pm
You could smuggle all that shit in so easy. The security at shows in Portland for that shit is so easy to get by. They just open your bag, move what ever is on top like a centimeter, and say 'Okay, go ahead. Thank you.'