Don't have an account? Create one!

05/22/2007 - Portland, OR - Memorial Coliseum

AuthorMessage
DisenchantedPhantom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
DisenchantedPhantom
May 11th, 2007 at 03:27pm
^^^ HAHA. LOL. That is true. I would hate to get my brand new digital camera snatched though, epsecially if I got loads of cool pix.^^^
SavvyTheEntertainer
Killjoy
SavvyTheEntertainer
May 13th, 2007 at 12:55am
am the only one who totaly hates the bled....portland weather isnt that bad...well at least not compared to Seattle weather
DisenchantedPhantom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
DisenchantedPhantom
May 13th, 2007 at 02:38pm
Is the Bled opening for them? i thought it was Thursday... And Portland weather isn't terrible at all. Unless you have to stand out in it for hours.
Mikey.
Banned
Mikey.
May 14th, 2007 at 09:09pm
Portland weather is better than Seattle, that's forsure. Lately it's been in the 80's and sunny, but it is below 60 and raining a lot. Portland weather is crazy, it changes so much.

Rosequarter.com said that Thursday was opening for them. It said something like w/ guest Thursday. Now it just has a blank spot where that was, but I dunno. Maybe we'll get surprised.

The show time says 7:30pm, so that's when the opening act is supposed to start playing, not MCR, correct?
SavvyTheEntertainer
Killjoy
SavvyTheEntertainer
May 14th, 2007 at 10:06pm
yeah i think doors open at 7:30 and the bled is opening in Seattle so i just assumed but maybe thursday is still opening...
DisenchantedPhantom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
DisenchantedPhantom
May 14th, 2007 at 10:24pm
Doors open at 6:30, show at 7:30.
GAH! This tour has gotten so confusing!!!! First it was supposed to be Muse, then, OH NO, Muse is skipping Portland. Then Thursday. Now The Bled. I've never really listened to their music before...
I can't wait though.
8 DAYS!
Mikey.
Banned
Mikey.
May 15th, 2007 at 01:17am
Where did anyone see that it said The Bled was playing? Proof?

I don't even know who the hell The Bled are...
DisenchantedPhantom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
DisenchantedPhantom
May 15th, 2007 at 02:20pm
Maybe, there will be no opening act, and MCR will just play a longer set!!!! Very Happy
Maybe get to some songs from Bullets. Aw man that would rule.
Mikey.
Banned
Mikey.
May 15th, 2007 at 07:12pm
I'd rather have MCR play an extra long show then see an opening act. Extra songs would own!

Edit: My ticket says 'My Chemical Romance w/ guest' or something like that.
Maybe there was an opening act, but not anymore. Or maybe it was to trick us.
Lights
Salute You in Your Grave
Lights
May 15th, 2007 at 09:15pm
I'm going! and I have floor tickets.
anyone have advice on anything? this is my first floor concert (at least this big) and I need to know a lot of stuff.
advice would be amazing.
I live 2 1/2-3 hours away from Portland and my mom can't get off work until like noon, so I won't be able to get there WAY early.
anyone have advice on getting near the front, what to expect, what not to do. ANYTHING! lol. I'm desperate here!
Lights
Salute You in Your Grave
Lights
May 15th, 2007 at 09:21pm
okay, what happened to all the band members? did they all get sick? I dont really look for stuff like that. and why isn't mikey playing the portland show?
Mikey.
Banned
Mikey.
May 16th, 2007 at 01:38am
They're all fine now. Well, Bob hurt his ankle/ foot or something, but he's still playing. Mikey isn't playing because got married and is taking a break. He won't be back until the Projekt Revolution tour which starts around the beginning of August I think. But yeahh. They all had food poisoning except Frank and Gerard.
DisenchantedPhantom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
DisenchantedPhantom
May 16th, 2007 at 02:41am
^^ YUP ^^^
As for floor seats, I'll be right there with you... first huge concet with a pit and everything.
Mostly, from what I've heard, don't let people push you around (like pinch, punch, shove, pull etc. If they do tell them to fuck off), and watch out for crowd surfers cuz a foot in the face sucks. As for the front, since you can't show up early, you might have to push your way to the front, but don't go for dead center, cuz that is where everyone wants to be and you will have a really rough time, stick to the left or right if you go to the front.

Anyways, I hear the pits at MCR concerts can be really intense, but people are really nice too. It just depends on the crowd mostly. Portland is chill, so it should be okay.
Mikey.
Banned
Mikey.
May 16th, 2007 at 06:59pm
Every concert I've been to has been Portland (they've all had seats though) everyone has been really chill. I hate seeing the people there who just sit and look like they want to die. It's like, why the hell did you come? Once there was even this guy who was plugging his ears, and intentionally fell asleep. But yeahh, I think at the Memorial Colliseum they have really strict security, and they kick people out who fight, push, etc. I heard that they don't even allow crowd surfing, but I'm not sure. I've frankly never been to general admission concert before. This is the first time I'm actually allowed to go to one. I hope I survie it haha. I'm young, not tall, skinny, and not that strong (besides my legs) so I dunno. I do have floor though. If I do manage to get to the front, than I'll go the the side Frank is generally on, because I'm a Frank lover... okay, well I love all of them, but I'm obsessed with Frankie the most.
Wow, I just sounded like fucking teenie. Haha.
DisenchantedPhantom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
DisenchantedPhantom
May 16th, 2007 at 07:12pm
TEENIE ALERT. LOL j/k
But yea, it should be chill.
Lights
Salute You in Your Grave
Lights
May 16th, 2007 at 07:46pm
I've only been to Panic! At The Disco up in Portland at the Rose Quarter. Oh, and I went to Newsboys (don't ask) up in Portland at the Hawthorne Theater.
haha. I'm probably gonna go to Frank's side too if I'm forced to a side.
I'm told not to go to the middle unless I wanna mosh, so I'm just gonna go to the side Frank's on. Which is usually the left isn't it? Well, right if you're onstage.
SavvyTheEntertainer
Killjoy
SavvyTheEntertainer
May 16th, 2007 at 08:29pm
May 22 2007 8:00P
Rose Quarter Memorial Coliseum Portland, Oregon

there i just copied that off the bleds myspace...thats the proof.

if u want look at myspace.com/thebled

listen to they're music to

its alot harder than MCR

so if ur scared about an MCR mosh pit...i would be really scared about a bled mosh pit
DisenchantedPhantom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
DisenchantedPhantom
May 16th, 2007 at 08:34pm
^^ HAHA ^^
Thanks for that.
And Frank is usually on the left yes.
Mocker
Salute You in Your Grave
Mocker
May 16th, 2007 at 09:04pm
Seeing The Bled is definitely going to be interesting; Theyre music is good though.

I cant believe the show is so near though. Ive been waiting ages and now its suddenly here almost.

BTW for those of you who have front row, I do as well and Im going to have INO written on the side of my cheek to represent being from here, so if anyone sees me wave or something Very Happy
DisenchantedPhantom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
DisenchantedPhantom
May 16th, 2007 at 10:42pm
I agree. It is like *BAM* MCR time. LOL
I'll either be wearing my white Iron Fist ribcage shirt or my black and purple ribcage tank top, with black capris and Converse. SAY HI!
Does anyone have any music by the bled perhaps?