Don't have an account? Create one!

05/22/2007 - Portland, OR - Memorial Coliseum

AuthorMessage
Lights
Salute You in Your Grave
Lights
May 21st, 2007 at 10:27pm
nah, it's just me and my friend. and I'm short and so is she, so it's not like if they somehow got behind us while in the venue that they wouldn't be able to see over us. haha.
I really want to get as close as possible.
and I'm bringing ear plugs just in case, because I may look like a nerd but you can still hear the music but your ears won't be ruined the next day.
DisenchantedPhantom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
DisenchantedPhantom
May 21st, 2007 at 11:08pm
From my experience, you actually hear better with your ears plugged. It drowns out the screams and lets you hear the music.
Portland is chill, most people won't be douche bags about it unless you give them a reason to. LOL. We are all short, people can see over us. HA!
Lights
Salute You in Your Grave
Lights
May 21st, 2007 at 11:10pm
lol. well, I've found no matter where you go there are always a few dicks that just can't let things go. haha
I won't start an argument if someone says anything.
Mikey.
Banned
Mikey.
May 22nd, 2007 at 01:50am
Wow. Tomorrow. Time has flown so fast. I'm leaving around 2:00pm. I wanted to go earlier, but that's the earliest my friend's dad will take us because he says that education is more important so we can't get out earlier. Stupid. Music means more to me than education, but whatever. I'll end up there around 2:30pm probably. Hopefully that isn't too late. For when my hoodie is off, I will have INO written on the upper half of my arm. See me and say hi. Just tell me you're from here first though, haha. If my hoodie is on, well if you see someone whose around 5'3", skinny, is wearing skinny black dickies jeans, black and white new vans with little scribble type drawings on them, an MCR hoodie that has off white, sandy stripes on it and says 'The Black Parade' on the sleeve, choppy layered medium length kinda golden colored hair, braces, and an MCR shirt with a sandy design near the top, that should be me. Say hi!
DisenchantedPhantom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
DisenchantedPhantom
May 22nd, 2007 at 01:57am
I. Can't. Wait.
Mocker
Salute You in Your Grave
Mocker
May 22nd, 2007 at 08:37am
ITS TODAY!!!

I almost cant believe it haha I dont think Ive ever been this excited for a concert.

Im getting there around 2-2:30. Im not sure if I should be there eariler but I'll have to see.

Did anyone else notice, the guys didnt annouce the winners for that Meet-Greet contest for the Seattle & Portland areas. I wonder why.

Is anyone going to try to find the tour buses after the show?
DisenchantedPhantom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
DisenchantedPhantom
May 22nd, 2007 at 10:27am
^^^ For sure. I don't really have anything for them to sign though.... ^^^
Mikey.
Banned
Mikey.
May 23rd, 2007 at 02:40am
OMG THIS WAS THE BEST CONCERT EVER!!! I'LL REVIEW IT TOMORROW.
IT WAS SOO AMAZING. I AM STILL IN DISBELIEF THAT I JUST SAW MCR LIVE!!! IT SUCKS THAT THEY DIDN'T DO A SIGNING, BUT THEY'RE JUST DOING THE MEET AND GREET FOR THE PEOPLE WHO WON PASSES TO IT, THEN LEAVING ASAP TO GET ON A PLANE TO JAPAN. OH WELL THOUGH, IT WAS STILL THE BEST CONCERT EVER!!!

SORRY FOR THE CAPS, BUT I'M JUST SO LIKE AJHFDJHSJKFHA.
I'M IN DISBELIEF. IT WAS SO AMAZING!
Mikey.
Banned
Mikey.
May 23rd, 2007 at 03:29pm
I got to the Memorial Colliseum around 2:30pm. I waiting in line until 6:30pm when the doors opened, but it was completely worth it. It didn't even seem like that long of a wait. I had floor tickets, so when I got in, everyone went and sat on the ground to claim their spot. I was in the 2nd row! I still couldn't see that well though, because I'm short. After about 20 minutes, everyone got to stand up.
The Bled opened for them, and they were better than I though they would be. I think that they started a little after 7:30pm. No one really knew who exactly was going to open since the opening act kept changing, and not many people there had heard The Bled before. Anyway, The Bled played for about half an hour. On The Bled's last song, we were all pleasantly surprised! These two men came out from back stage. On was chubby and shirtless (exept for a vest) and had a mullet. The other guy had long dark hair that was tied back in a pony tail, had sunglasses on, was skinny, and short. They both came out there and smoked a ciggarrette on stage and had a cup of what was supposed to be alchohol, although I'm not sure if it really was or not. So, the lead singer of The Bled said "Let's get sleezy!" That's why those two men were there acting like that. That second guy I described was no real sleezy man. It was non other than Frank Iero dressed up as a sleezy guy! Even as a sleezy guy, Frank is still hot. The way I knew it was frank was the face, long hair, and his jinx tattoo on his neck. He had his colar popped up to try and hide it I think though, but I still saw it. Frank came and played guitar for The Bled on their last song while he was in his sleezy costume. It was so hot. He got near the floor of the stage and humped his guitar half the time, and also humped the amp. It was sexy, haha. Oh yeah, since Frank smoked that cigarrette on stage, I guess he has started smoking again... Anyway, The Bled, Frank, and the other guy all went off stage, and the curain closed. The lights came back on. Then everyone waited about 20 minutes, then what we were all waiting for happened. It was time for My Chemical Romance to play!!!

MCR...well, TBP started out with that hospital beep for The End. Two curtains slowly were opened. Out came Gerard on a stretcher. He started singing lying down, but then he slowly rose up while still singing. He had his white make-up on, but I didn't see his painted on sideburns. As he sang, Frank, Bob, Ray, and Matt appeared out of the darkness. Frank was in his Black Parade uniform now, as were the rest of them. They played the whole Black Parade CD in order. I don't remember every little detail, but I'll tell you what I do remember. I know in between the songs when Gerard was talking, he kept doing this really sexy voice that was like a loud whisper. I also remember him saying stuff like 'You guys love us!'. It was cute. I don't remember what song this was in, but it was in one of the early TBP songs. Gerard, Frank, and Matt all went around Bob's drum riser thing and head banged together. Then Gerard went back to singing, and Frank and Matt continued to head bang for a second. On Welcome To The Black Parade, at the end of it, a bunch of black and white confetti shot out everywhere into the crowd. I picked up as much as I could. Everyone was surprised and thought it was awesome, as did I. They played the rest of TBP album, and almost everyone sung along with every song. Oh, I remember that in an early TBP song, Gerard was shaking his ass at the crowd. It was hot. He's really in shape. He's lost even more weight lately I think. He has a very nice ass, haha. Anyway, before cancer, Gerard was talking, and then he said something like 'This next song goes out to all of you who have had to deal with this terrible disease.' It was really emotional, but I was so excited, I didn't even think about crying at all. Everyone got out lighters and cell phone to wave as Cancer was being sung. The lights were very dim on this song. While Gerard was singing, Bob, Ray, Matt, and Frank were all of stage, then they came back when Cancer was done. The songs were all amazing. I couldn't believe how amazing they are. It was just, wow. I think for the later TBP songs, Sleep was one of the most exciting ones crowd-wise. Gerard made sure everyone was jumping, and said to make sure the floor stayed moving. Teenagers was a real fun song to sing along to with the rest of the crowd. After Teenagers, Gerard said something like 'I am sorry to announce that The Black Parade only has 2 songs left!' Then some people booed while others cheered. Then Gee said 'I said that The Black Parade only has 2 songs left. Next, you get to see My Chemical Romance. I personally think that their language is etrocious and that they have horrible clothes! But I guess they're okay, if you like that kind of stuff...' Or something like that. It was amusing. Gerard used his sexy loud whisper voice a lot on that too. On Famous Last Words, they had fire shoot up on the stage. I could feel the heat from it. It was an amazing effect. After that, everyone cheered and shouted. Then a recording of Blood came on while they were changing out of their TBP uniforms. Everyone sang along loudly. It was cool. When Blood was over, a loud bass drum beat pounded.

After this, it was time for the TCFSR songs the curtains opened, and they were all just in plain black clothes. Oh and when they opened the curtains, the set changed to the gun circle that says REVENGE inside. Oh, I forgot to mention the TBP sets. There were two or three, and they'd change every now and then. They were all really cool looking sets. Like on WTTBP, they had a city-like set. Anyway, for the songs off of TCFSR, they played 6 songs: I'm Not Okay, Cemetery Drive, You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison, The Ghost Of You, Thank You For the Venom, and Helena. I was so glad that they played the songs they did from Revenge. On about 3 TCFSR songs, this cool girl named Brooke started a mini mosh pit. It was fun, but I had to back out once because I had all the air knocked out of me, and once because someone stepped on my ankle. It sucks being small in a mosh pit. It was really fun though. She got told to stop the moshing though. I'm lucky I didn't pass out during the concert because I felt like I was going to because I was getting really hot. Anyway, MCR ended withe Helena. After Helena, there were really, really, really loud booms that sounded like fire works! It was another awesome effect!

Now, it was all over. I was in such disbelief, but I had so much fun. I wanted to stay after for a signing, but a worker told me they weren't doing one because they were just gonna do the meet and greets for the people who won them, and then they were leaving there as soon as they possibly could because they had to get ready to fly to Japan. I wish they would have done a signing, but oh well. After the conert, my friend Julianne, Brook and her friends, and I were all getting as much confetti from the ground as we could. We were running and sliding in it too. We shoved it every where we could. Then we asked for garbage bags from the janitors and they lets us have them. So we packed garbage bags full of confetti. It was cool. Then after this, we went to buy merch, and I got the last size small for TBP tour shirts that have the dates on the back. After this, we left and drank so much because we were way too thirsty after being in that crowd. I stood up for around 8 hours, but it was worth it so much. It was the best concert ever, and the best day of my life. Oh, and for anyone curious, I didn't see any brace on Bob's foot/ankle. He stood up and he was wearing either long shorts, or rolled up pants, and I didn't see anything, but I could have just missed it.

P.S. Ray's 'fro wasn't tamed.

Edit: OH YEAH! I forgot. When Frank was sleezy, he spit his drink in the air was tried to catch it in his mouth, but he missed some of it and it landed on him, haha. During the whole concert he randomly spit in the air and tried to catch it in his mouth. It was adorable. He also was standing on the amp a lot, probably trying to look taller. Ahh, I love Frankie.

There's my little concert review thing. Yes, it's long, I know. But I thought I'd review the best night of my life. This was the best show ever.

Oh, and the tour buses were parked at the motel. Only the stage hands buses were at the Memorial Colliseum.
DisenchantedPhantom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
DisenchantedPhantom
May 23rd, 2007 at 06:41pm
I got Frankie' s signature!
Mikey.
Banned
Mikey.
May 23rd, 2007 at 07:01pm
DisenchantedPhantom:
I got Frankie' s signature!

Surprised How????? Did you have Meet and Greet passes?
DisenchantedPhantom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
DisenchantedPhantom
May 23rd, 2007 at 07:13pm
No, I didn't listen to the security guard's, and stayed till about 11:30. Frankie came out and signed, got on the bus with the other guys, and left for the airport. Their flight left at 6 am I heard him say. Some people I met were gonna go get a hotel by the airport, and see if they could find them in the morning. LOL
Lights
Salute You in Your Grave
Lights
May 23rd, 2007 at 09:09pm
here's what happened to me:
I got there at about 5 o'clock and got in line. I took my camera with me, but decided I really didn't want to risk getting it taken away, so I called my mom to come back and get it. She couldn't find where we were and was getting all mad, so I was on the phone with her for about 10 minutes. Then she just went to where she dropped us off and I walked all the way down there,
As I was walking down there, the guy from the radio station was like, "hey look she's wearing a green shirt and everyone else is in black." and I just kept walking. It was odd.
So I went there, came back and got into line. The person I was with had saved my spot. Then I realized I didn't have money! So I asked the girl with me if SHE could go down and get the money for me (I mean... I let her go with me for free and she didn't even thank me). So she did, and we made friends with the people in front of us. It was a girl in a white and red striped tank top. Anyone know who it was? I didn't get her name.. she was with her boyfriend.
So, they let us in and the guy who put my wristband on did it really loosely. So we get on the floor and we try to get as close to the front as we can because all of these people already staked out spots. The everyone all of a sudden stands up so we try to get as close as possible. We end up about 3 rows from the front.
So, The Bled starts playing (who I like. I was wearing their t-shirt) and it starts getting really crowded and people start shoving and stuff and I have barely any room to breath. These girls are just pushing me and my friend out of the way and being complete bitches. Then this guy who's like a foot taller than me starts elbowing me in the face and boobs and side, and I'm like "dude stop you're hurting me. man, knowck it off!" and he doesn't. So he ends up in front of me. and by this time I'm so crowded, my asthma's kicking in and I feel like I'm about to pass out.
I tell my friend "I have to get out of here, I'm about to pass out" and these people move and they're like "let her out!" lol
so we get to where we're about 12 people from the front, and we stand there the rest of the concert. But what I find is that my studded belt is ripped. and I know it's about to completely break, so My Chem starts and I'm jumping and stuff and it rips. It was depressing.
But it was a pretty good concert. But there was this creepy lookin' dude with a wifebeater on who kept looking at me. And the person I went with only knew one of their songs, while I sang along to every single song they played. I wish I would have taken someone else because all she could talk about for 20 minutes after the concert was how hot Gerard was. It just got tiring.
So I got elbowed in the face, I almost passed out, I ripped my belt, and tons of people there were complete jerks, BUT IT WAS AN AWESOME CONCERT!!!!
lol
Did anyone else see Frank like, flip off the crowd with both hands, then smile and laugh? Oh my goodness, my heart just melted!
Mikey.
Banned
Mikey.
May 23rd, 2007 at 10:14pm
DisenchantedPhantom:
No, I didn't listen to the security guard's, and stayed till about 11:30. Frankie came out and signed, got on the bus with the other guys, and left for the airport. Their flight left at 6 am I heard him say. Some people I met were gonna go get a hotel by the airport, and see if they could find them in the morning. LOL

Omg, where did you wait at?? I asked the lady before the concert and she said they're definately not coming out at all.
Mikey.
Banned
Mikey.
May 23rd, 2007 at 10:16pm
Oh, I saw him flip off the crowd! It was adorable. Remeber when he was being a sleezy guy during The Bled's last song? Omg, it was hot. Especially how he humped the guitar and the amp!
DisenchantedPhantom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
DisenchantedPhantom
May 23rd, 2007 at 10:31pm
HAHA. Yea, that was funny. I didn't recognize him at first... OMG, that's FRANKIE! With long hair, and no piercings.
I waited out back where the tour buses where. Never listen to security. They lie. And don't have a clue what is going on.
Frankie ALWAYS comes out. ALWAYS.

I fliped Gerard off during Venom. Seemed like the right thing to do.
I thought the crowd was pretty chill, I was on Frankie's side at the barrier, it only got rough during the last 2 songs of TBP, people made a rush for the barrier and were shoving me in the back. Then people started moshing during My Chem.... But it was still really not crazy like I was expecting.
Mikey.
Banned
Mikey.
May 23rd, 2007 at 10:36pm
Haha, yeahh.
I'm not listening to them if I'm going to PR.

Haha, nice.
Yeahh, they were. I was on Frankie's side too! This girl Brooke started a mini mosh pit during MCR but then got told to stop. I thought it was gonna be wayy crazier though. I was happy with the crowd for the most part.
Exept for like, there was this girl about to pass out so we were trying to get her to the front so I screamed 'hey, this girl is about to pass out, let her to the front!' or something like that and this bitch was like 'Fuck you! No, I was here first and I'm not moving I deserve this spot. She can go to the back!' And the back was far away from the girl. It was stupid. Where were the buses? I saw the 5 stagehand buses, but they were just stage hand buses. I couldn't find the tour buses. Before the show, the lady said that the tour buses were parked at their hotel.
DisenchantedPhantom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
DisenchantedPhantom
May 23rd, 2007 at 11:17pm
Security is lame. You will have a better chance of meeting them at PR. Which one are you going to?
If you were facing the Colliseum, went to the right of it, walked down the street, the tour buses were down there, towards the end of the street. There was a little mini parking lot sort of, with one huge garage door so they could unload the equipment and stuff. There were about 5 tour buses there. Hard to miss.
Mocker
Salute You in Your Grave
Mocker
May 24th, 2007 at 01:12am
Ok, here's my story.

We got there around 5:30. I meant to go eariler but my mum took ages putting on make up and what not but there wasnt too huge a line so it was a ok. The waiting was just killing me though. Anyway when I finally got in the arena I went to floor and sat there for a bit. The Bled came on after a while and I got a major head ache. Their music kinda annoyed me but it was ok here and there. I cant believe that was Frank though that came out as sleezy dude! I thought I regonized the walk but I just figured my nerves were getting to my head.

Finally The Black Parade came out (at that point from being pushed around I was on Frankie's side)...and I couldnt BELIEVE Gerard was there like, 7 feet away from me. It was too surreal. But finally I got used to it after a while and went on singing and rocking out....You guys, how different does Gerard sound in person! i couldnt believe it, his voice is kinda high pitched in a way. Definitely different than what I hear on camera and what not.

Frank effing killed me with that smile of his though. He was pretty much grinning through out the whle concert. I think it was because Jamia was there though. It was awesome to see her on the side lines.

It was so hilarious the way Gerard was dancin and shakin his booty. I was crackin up. His personaility on stage is brilliant. They all seemed like they were having the time of their lives though. I loved when Ray when up to Bob and smiled at him. And speaking of Bob, W-O-W!! That man is even more amazing to see drumming in person. It was like he had endless energy. I was in awe the times I watched him.

I had a complete blast at this concert though. It was better than any one Ive ever been too. It was the most fun, the most loud, the most amazing sounding; all that jazz...For me the songs that were most fun to sing were Teenagers, Mama, House Of Wolves, Im Not Okay and Prison.

It was pretty funny; I even surprised myself at the stuff I yelled out. When Ray did solos I went off screaming "Go Toro" or "Go Ray" Then when The Black Parade finished their set I yelled "Long Live The Black Parade" and lastly at very random times I'd yell Frank or Gerard's name.....I also flipped them both off during Teenagers. idk, like Disenchanted Phantom said; it seemed like the right think to do.

When it all ended I suddenly felt this rush of emptyness but once I was heading toward the door I took one look back and smiled. I knew we'd see 'em again soon. or heck, maybe we'd see Gerard somewhere around Portland. He said he'd like to move there.

As for the after effects of this concert, I must say, I'm quite in pain lol I was wearing 4-inch shoes and didnt get to sit down but once, I jumped each time Gerard said too, I rocked out and head banged a bit much. As a result of that the back of my neck is killing me and Its pretty stiff lol I also went somewhat deaf. I cant hear too well at the moment. It was all forever worth it though. I had the time of my life and I was happy to see that my mom, niece and sister did as well.

My sister was really hilarious. The woman is 34, married and she is a complete and utter Gerard teenie LOL! When I met up with her at the entrance, all she kept talking about was how hot it was when Gerard was skakin it and how handsome he is. She was pretty much like this drool drool I cant even tell you how much shock I was in. My sister is a very uptight, proper person who only likes "normal looking" people but the day I showed her the GOY video her eyes just went Shocked and from that day on I knew she liked Gerard, if only a little but when that concert ended she just kept bombarding me with requests to make MCR mix CD's for her and to tell her everything about them and it was just endless talk of how hot Gerard was. I couldnt stop laughing but Im tellin man, Gerard has got to be some sort of vampire. He came make ANYONE fall for him Laughing

Anywho I snuck my camera in and it was worth it. Only once during This Is How I Disappear, a guard came up and asked me to put it away but once she was gone I got it out again and took pictures.
DisenchantedPhantom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
DisenchantedPhantom
May 24th, 2007 at 02:39am
PICTURES!!!!!!
PLEASE SHARE!!!!

I would <3 you forever.

Yay, I don't feel too bad now flipping Gerard off now.