Don't have an account? Create one!

03/27/2007 - Glasgow, UK - S.E.C.C.

AuthorMessage
princeiona
Fabulous Killjoy
princeiona
March 13th, 2007 at 01:48pm
This is replying to loads of random comments above hence the randomness...

-I turned up just as the doors were opening at the barrowlands gig and i ended up in the second row by half way through the set. However that involved getting knocked about a lot.
-Whenever I've been to the SECC in the past it has been pretty easy to get to the front as well (I'm also nice so it's all done without shoving...more shuffling ahah)
-I thought they'd be in the 10 000 capacity hall (hall 4) It's just made my day hearing that it'll be a smaller one!
-Me and my mates are getting an early bus up to Glasgow so we should be there for around 12/1pm. We're going to go for lunch then we're not sure if we'll start queuing or just hang round the shops for a while. Im not into turning up hours early but this once it might be fun.
-I'm 16 (as you observant people may have already guessed Razz) I think there'll be a few younger kids, the majority will be 15-17 but I imagine there'll be a fair amount of older people too. Then there'll be a few random parents looking scared at the back
-I'm 5'6 I'm normally one of the shorter ones at gigs but mcr fans are normally tiny so I should get a good view.
-If anyone is thinking of staying the night, the Campinille (or something similar) is a good, relatively cheap place to stay. It's opposite the SECC, you can see its neon green sign from the entrance. You can get to it's website through either the SECC or ticketmaster. I think 4 of us sharing came to about £20 a head ( however we were in a 3 person room...sneaky us)

- If we're queuing (can't spell) for ages, is it easy for one of my mates to leave the queue to go put coats and bags away or can we do that before we start queuing? We'll have to carry stuff with us cause we're just getting the bus, which we don't normally do, so i was wondering how much of a hassle it would be.

CAN'T WAIT!! /shift
Gee-Rox!
Killjoy
Gee-Rox!
March 14th, 2007 at 08:56am
Thanks so much for the info everyone, as for being an oldie at a My Chem concert, there's no way I'll admit to my true age, not even if you get the thumbscrews out! Luckily i look a lot younger than I really am ( I once took my dog to the vets during a week day afternoon only for the lady on reception to ask why I wasn't in school, I just smiled sweetly and said "I left school some time ago." I should have shouted "God damn it woman I'm 25 years old!", which I was at the time!)

I always get a good view at shows, ah yes the advantage of being 5'10", I'm thin as rake too so there's not much of me to get squashed in a crowd either, which is handy!
xhdeepx
Really Not Okay
xhdeepx
March 18th, 2007 at 09:47am
hey, im going to the glasgow one

its actually in hall 3, where they did taste of chaos in november?

its the smallest hall lol, it holds about 5000, maybes a bit more.

my sister and her boyfriend are driving down from dundee, which isnt too bad, but i live in irvine which is only like a 40 minute train then a two minute tube from the secc...mwah ha ha.

also gee-rox, i was at kaiser chiefs, which day did you go?
Gee-Rox!
Killjoy
Gee-Rox!
March 19th, 2007 at 10:56am
I went to see the Kaisers on the Tuesday, I dunno Kaisers and My chem all in the same month, how lucky are we!!!!
electricsuzi
Killjoy
electricsuzi
March 19th, 2007 at 03:54pm
Ooh i am getting excited.....not long now. Glad to hear there are a few other fans my age going! lolxx
disenchantedhelena
Killjoy
disenchantedhelena
March 20th, 2007 at 06:42am
1 week to go Very Happy

Wonder if they will play the same set list for the UK part of the tour? Cannot wait!
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
March 20th, 2007 at 08:28am
I'm sure they will! It's such a long show for them to do, they really give their fans everything, I love them more everyday!
mel19
Killjoy
mel19
March 22nd, 2007 at 09:40am
I don't think any of you have any worries about being the oldest there! I'm not telling either......but I'll definitely look like one of the parents not one of the fans Embarassed I wasn't going to get tickets coz I felt too old Sad changed my mind and ended up paying a fortune on ebay! Not long now tho, can't wait!
disenchantedhelena
Killjoy
disenchantedhelena
March 22nd, 2007 at 10:20am
Hi Mel19, welcome to the boards.

I no longer care about the age thing. Just going to make sure i have the time of my life next Tuesday Very Happy So close now. From reading these boards can see that there are going to be plenty of us 'older' ones there lol. You definately did the right thing in getting the tickets.

Do you stay in Glasgow or are you travelling to the concert?

Cheers

Fiona
mel19
Killjoy
mel19
March 22nd, 2007 at 03:57pm
fifitrix29:
Hi Mel19, welcome to the boards.

I no longer care about the age thing. Just going to make sure i have the time of my life next Tuesday Very Happy So close now. From reading these boards can see that there are going to be plenty of us 'older' ones there lol. You definately did the right thing in getting the tickets.

Do you stay in Glasgow or are you travelling to the concert?

Cheers

Fiona
Hi Fiona,
I'm travelling up from the Borders so not too far. Same here I'm going to enjoy it whatever. Must admit you're still young compaired to me lol, but what's age, just a number eh!! Really glad I got the tickets, wouldn't want to miss this one!
Thanks for the welcome!
Elaine
disenchantedhelena
Killjoy
disenchantedhelena
March 23rd, 2007 at 10:41am
Just out of interest after reading about the other UK dates, is anyone bringing a camera phone? I am in 2 minds, don't want to lose it that's for sure. Been to a few concerts at the SECC and have never been searched but not sure whether to chance it or not this time.
rewak
Fabulous Killjoy
rewak
March 23rd, 2007 at 12:45pm
Im bringing my camera, maybe, i dunno yet. Im not really worried about being searched, the SECC dont really search.
setmybodyonfiresoica
Demolition Lover
setmybodyonfiresoica
March 23rd, 2007 at 01:33pm
-Only just discovered this thread-

I am going.

I payed £102 for the tickets. Standing. We're leaving around 8 or 9am.

=]
rewak
Fabulous Killjoy
rewak
March 23rd, 2007 at 01:41pm
F-ing hell! £102, are you insane!? The whole things standing btw, no seats.
setmybodyonfiresoica
Demolition Lover
setmybodyonfiresoica
March 23rd, 2007 at 01:43pm
Oh. It is?

When I went to see McFly there last year there were seats.

Then again that was last year. XDD

Yeah, £102. =]
rewak
Fabulous Killjoy
rewak
March 23rd, 2007 at 02:04pm
There are different halls in the SECC, the one MCR are playing in has no seats
setmybodyonfiresoica
Demolition Lover
setmybodyonfiresoica
March 23rd, 2007 at 02:05pm
Damn my lack of knowledge...

Thanks for telling me. Mr. Green
disenchantedhelena
Killjoy
disenchantedhelena
March 23rd, 2007 at 02:31pm
backdropblue- that's some price!! I take it it was for more than one ticket?Sick of all these rip-off merchants out there especially when the MCR tickets face value is so cheap Disgust

Glad the concert is in hall 3 as it is smaller and more chance of getting a good view even from further back. Smile
setmybodyonfiresoica
Demolition Lover
setmybodyonfiresoica
March 23rd, 2007 at 02:33pm
fifitrix29:
backdropblue- that's some price!! I take it it was for more than one ticket?Sick of all these rip-off merchants out there especially when the MCR tickets face value is so cheap Disgust

Glad the concert is in hall 3 as it is smaller and more chance of getting a good view even from further back. Smile
Ya. When I went in November, it only cost £40 for two tickets. But I guess all eBayers think different, huh. XD

I agree about what you said about getting a good view from the back though. Wink
disenchantedhelena
Killjoy
disenchantedhelena
March 23rd, 2007 at 02:40pm
Yeah, it cost about £43 for each of our tickets but it is my sisters present to me for my 30th. Can't think of a present i will appreciate better Smile

For some reason i thought when it sold out so fast that they would change it to hall 4 or even add a date but that was not to be. I guess as long as we see them don't care how much it costs but it is annoying lining these ebay sellers pockets grrr!!