Don't have an account? Create one!

03/27/2007 - Glasgow, UK - S.E.C.C.

AuthorMessage
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
March 24th, 2007 at 07:27am
Hey guys,
Just to let you know I went to the Birmingham gig and there were people queing from 3am to get to the front, I was 4 rows back but then ended up about 20 back after Thursday decided a Wall of Death was a good idea (it was the worst idea since George W Bush decided to run for President!). Eventually managed to get about 10 rows in but was right next to about 20 guys who opened a circle were they just ran at each other (not fun). I know a few people who were at the barrier, and that's pretty much the only way to stay at the front.
It's going to be a nightmare if it's all standing!
So I'm going to get there real early to get to the barrier and then hold on for dear life!

EDIT: Page Claim!
I call this: Hope Glasgow is as nuts, random, spectacular and as funny as Birmingham - Best Night of my F*cking life - ever!
Gee-Rox!
Killjoy
Gee-Rox!
March 24th, 2007 at 04:02pm
Ok this may be a daft question but what's a 'wall of death', I'm not exactly robust, I'm the kind of girl who who only needs to get shoved a bit and I fall down like a house of cards in a hurricane, but I really want to be stood near the front..
Oh well, if I get squashed to death at a My Chem concert what a beautiful *Way* to die!
princeiona
Fabulous Killjoy
princeiona
March 24th, 2007 at 08:40pm
Ahh i've got such a bad cold. I hope I'm better for tuesday so that i can really have fun Sad
The show sounds like it's gonna be crazy- I can't wait!
disenchantedhelena
Killjoy
disenchantedhelena
March 25th, 2007 at 02:34pm
It sounds like Tuesday is going to be some night Very Happy

Thinking about giving Thursday a miss though - don't fancy this wall of death at all lol - don't seem to be getting too good reviews do they? I know this means that i will be further back but that's alright ( i think).

Princeiona - hope you feel better by Tuesday.

What sort of time are you guys going to start to queue?
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
March 25th, 2007 at 03:00pm
Gee-Rox!:
Ok this may be a daft question but what's a 'wall of death', I'm not exactly robust, I'm the kind of girl who who only needs to get shoved a bit and I fall down like a house of cards in a hurricane, but I really want to be stood near the front..
Oh well, if I get squashed to death at a My Chem concert what a beautiful *Way* to die!

I didn't know until I was in one either!
Basically they split the crowd in half then get them to run back and forth at each other! (something like that anyway!), it's the most stupid thing, so many kids who had queued for soooooo long to get a good spot got pushed back or had to be dragged out because of it - it's completely pointless and absolutely no fun!
I just hope they don't do it on Tuesday.
electricsuzi
Killjoy
electricsuzi
March 25th, 2007 at 03:33pm
They had better not even try it! If I queue for hours to get to the barrier and then get pushed back, heads WILL roll!! lol
rewak
Fabulous Killjoy
rewak
March 25th, 2007 at 03:34pm
Im not even queuing, im gonna arrive about half 6 and just stand where i land.
Serenity
Fabulous Killjoy
Serenity
March 25th, 2007 at 03:36pm
The wall of death thing doesn't sound good, lol. I am so excited now, I am leaving for Glasgow tomorrow morning so will have all day Tuesday to queue, if I decide to. I dunno yet.
princeiona
Fabulous Killjoy
princeiona
March 25th, 2007 at 07:05pm
I'll be in Glasgow for about 12 but I don't know when I'm going to start queuing. I imagine i'll get a decent enough spot even if i turn up later. Ahaha if Thursday do a wall of death then i may just wait for that and then and charge to the front. I've got such a great mental image of me running at a ton of growling 12 year old girls now Very Happy

I've asked already but didn't get an answer. If we did turn up to queue reasonably early, like 1 or 2pm would we be able to check our coats in then and if not would one of my mates be able to leave the queue easy enough to do it later on? I need to know before i work out what i bring with me coat/mp3 wise.
rewak
Fabulous Killjoy
rewak
March 25th, 2007 at 09:16pm
Does the SECC even have a coat check? I really dont think it does. Queuing, i dont plan to, im just gonna arrive at 6-ish.

Oh, and the SECC is run like a fucking army base. So dont expect any "wall of death", in fact dont expect many mosh pits either, chances are you'll get kicked out if you try.
disenchantedhelena
Killjoy
disenchantedhelena
March 26th, 2007 at 03:12am
rewak:
Does the SECC even have a coat check? I really dont think it does. Queuing, i dont plan to, im just gonna arrive at 6-ish.

Oh, and the SECC is run like a fucking army base. So dont expect any "wall of death", in fact dont expect many mosh pits either, chances are you'll get kicked out if you try.

I have a funny feeling that they do, or they have lockers at least (i'm pretty sure they do) I might phone later to find out for sure as it won't be much fun carting jackets around.
mel19
Killjoy
mel19
March 26th, 2007 at 05:07am
Burn all the Empires:
Hey guys,
Just to let you know I went to the Birmingham gig and there were people queing from 3am to get to the front, I was 4 rows back but then ended up about 20 back after Thursday decided a Wall of Death was a good idea (it was the worst idea since George W Bush decided to run for President!). Eventually managed to get about 10 rows in but was right next to about 20 guys who opened a circle were they just ran at each other (not fun). I know a few people who were at the barrier, and that's pretty much the only way to stay at the front.
It's going to be a nightmare if it's all standing!
So I'm going to get there real early to get to the barrier and then hold on for dear life!

EDIT: Page Claim!
I call this: Hope Glasgow is as nuts, random, spectacular and as funny as Birmingham - Best Night of my F*cking life - ever!

Think I might give Thursday a miss, how long were they on for, half an hour? Not fancying getting caught up in a wall of death, I'm not that big, would probably be swamped!! Crying or Very sad
disenchantedhelena
Killjoy
disenchantedhelena
March 26th, 2007 at 08:51am
Have checked with the SECC and they do have a cloak room. I guess you leave things at your own risk.
rewak
Fabulous Killjoy
rewak
March 26th, 2007 at 10:59am

Think I might give Thursday a miss, how long were they on for, half an hour? Not fancying getting caught up in a wall of death, I'm not that big, would probably be swamped!!

Like i said, the SECC doesnt put up with ANY shit! I'll be extremely surprised if this kinda of stuff is allowed. Seriously, its really strict, they wont allow any "wall of death", and probably no mosh pitting either!
princeiona
Fabulous Killjoy
princeiona
March 26th, 2007 at 12:39pm
That'll be kinda lame. I hope they're not on at the crowd all of the time. I'm not big on moshing but i'm not going to stand still for the whole set either.

Cloak rooms...so i'll probably be able to dump a jacket. That's cool, i thought i was going to have to spend a day in Glasgow without a coat.

I think we're planning on queuing as soon as we've had lunch so probably around 2 o clock.
rewak
Fabulous Killjoy
rewak
March 26th, 2007 at 01:31pm
Oh you'll be able to jump around etc, but if it gets to a point where people could get hurt (mosh pitting, "wall of death", etc) they'll probably step in and put a stop to it before someone gets hurt.
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
March 26th, 2007 at 02:21pm
mel19:
Think I might give Thursday a miss, how long were they on for, half an hour? Not fancying getting caught up in a wall of death, I'm not that big, would probably be swamped!! Crying or Very sad

Thursday did 10 or 11 songs so they were on for about 45 minutes but they didn't do the Wall of Death until the last couple of songs. It was so daft because they didn't care about anyone getting hurt but Gerard kept getting everyone to move back and give each room, pick each other up, and he even got them to turn on the house lights so he could check everyone was ok. I think he said something like: "I know we're pretty but come on!" LOL!
mel19
Killjoy
mel19
March 26th, 2007 at 03:11pm
Burn all the Empires:
mel19:

Thursday did 10 or 11 songs so they were on for about 45 minutes but they didn't do the Wall of Death until the last couple of songs. It was so daft because they didn't care about anyone getting hurt but Gerard kept getting everyone to move back and give each room, pick each other up, and he even got them to turn on the house lights so he could check everyone was ok. I think he said something like: "I know we're pretty but come on!" LOL!

Thanks for the info Burn all the Empires, might brave it and stay at the back for the support! That's just what you'd expect from Gerard tho, they seem to really care about their fans Very Happy
rewak
Fabulous Killjoy
rewak
March 27th, 2007 at 11:13am
YAY! 2 hours to go! Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy
rewak
Fabulous Killjoy
rewak
March 27th, 2007 at 07:35pm
WOOOO! Fucking BEST concert ever! Was in the second row to the left of the stage, excellent view! Right in front of the speakers though so my ears are ringing!