Don't have an account? Create one!

Have you ever met MCR?

AuthorMessage
XxMaeganxX
Thinking Happy Thoughts
XxMaeganxX
March 25th, 2007 at 11:38pm
Frig you guys are all so lucky. I hope you know that. Erica especially. I am so envious of all of you. The last show i went to (Nov 05) was at the Scotiabank Place here in Ottawa, Canada and we never got to meet them. They are coming May 10th to the same arena but it's nearly immpossible to like wait for them, Why? Scotiabank Place in Ottawa is super tricky. And it's not even the security, it's more the layout of the building and outdoor area. To get to where the band would be coming in out of you have to run from the main entrance, across the parking lot and then down this steep hill and then you get down to where they could be....it's real messed up actually...especially in the winter....ice+steep hill=BAD lol I know...i fell down it U_U

I have little hope of ever meeting them.Cry
Quinn.
Bleeding on the Floor
Quinn.
March 26th, 2007 at 12:29am
no.
and i never will.
so i'll might as well give up
Tiffany Terror
Jazz Hands
Tiffany Terror
March 26th, 2007 at 01:56am
no.& probably will never.
wish i could though..i'd be a happy son of a betttchh.
lmao.
Illuminatist
Salute You in Your Grave
Illuminatist
March 26th, 2007 at 02:00am
very very lucky that most of you were able to meet and talked to them..

now im totally depressed..how am i able to meet this heroes if theyre not coming in manila..fucking country..im starting to hate my country for not asking MCR to come here
eatme0990
Fabulous Killjoy
eatme0990
March 26th, 2007 at 08:16pm
Well my story isn't as amazing as some of yours. Personal guests of the band=amazing! I'm so jealous of you. I'm just one of those...meet and greet fans...hahahaha...

We waited around for everyone to leave. And then we all got stuff for them to sign and then we got in a single file line and they came in and sat at a table. Except Bob. He stood. And Mikey ran around to his family and said hi to them. It was cute. The way he did it I mean. ahaha...Okay. So then they were all situated. And I was freaking out. On the inside. It was fucking time...to meet my heroes.

Bob first:

Me: Hi, I'm bekka.
Bob: Hi! (shakes hand) How do you spell that?
Me: BEKKA.
Bob: (smiles, signs)
Me: Would it be weird if I hugged you?
Bob: I'm all sweaty and smelly.
Me: So am I.
Bob: Okay. (hugs me) ((he's a really good hugger, best of the band))
Me: Thanks!(moving on to Frank)
Bob: You know, I didn't change clothes.
Me: Neither did I. (smirk)
Bob: (smile, slight laugh)((let's face it..he loves me...hahah))

Frank[ie] Next

Frank: Hey(holds out hand)
Me: Hey, I'm bekka. (shakes hand)
Frank: (signs autograph)(smiles)
Me: Can I have a hug?
Frank: (stares at me for like 5 seconds...he has very pretty eyes...excuse that fangirl moment please...ahahha) Sure of course!
Me: (hugs)(smiles) Thanks!

On to Mikey(the great geeklandi)

Note: I don't know. I'm a freak and I spazzed for some reason when I got to Mikey. He was just in such a good mood, it rubbed off onto me.

Me: (shakes hand) Hey Mikey!!!
Mikey: Hey! (signs autograph)
Me: you know we wrote you a book, did you get it?
Mikey: We don't usually get that stuff until...
Me: Oh, Okay. Well...yeah...it's uh...haha...
Mikey: (smiles)
Mikey: Sure! (hugs me)
Me: (hugs back) Thanks!
Katie: I swear we weren't on drugs when we wrote it! (haha)
Mikey: (laughs)

Ray Motherfucking Toro!

Ray: Hi. (holds out hand)
Me: Hey, I'm Bekka. (shakes hand)
Ray: (signs autograph)
Me: Can I have a hug,[Ray motherfucking I love you, you rock Toro]? (haha...wouldnt' it be cool if I did say that?!?)((not really))(((hahah)))
Ray: I'm sick!
Me: I don't mind.
Ray: Okay. (stands up, hugs me)
Me: (hugs back) Thanks!
Ray: (smiles)

And finally Gerard (I'm too cool for you) Way

Gerard: (drawing a cartoon face thing on the table in between autographs)((what a little rebel *wink* hahaha))
Me: Hey! I'm bekka. Nice drawing.
Gerard: Thanks. (signs autograph)
Me: you write amazing lyrics.
Gerard: Thank you.
Gerard: Sure, come over here.(too lazy to get up)
Me: (comes to side of table) (hugs thee lord) Thanks!
Gerard: (smiles)
Me: (walks away)

Then we all had to get our picture taken and they were in a huge hurry so that sucked...by the way...does anyone know what radio station was giving away meet and greets, because the pics are on there...But anyways after the pic, Frank was being slow and ignoring his security guard and giving more hugs. So I hugged him again. He's not as short as he says. Well for a guy, but he's the same as me. 5'6". So yeah...there's that...haha...And Alicia was there with some of either her family or Mikey's Family. I'm guessing hers, because she's from like Iowa or Kansas or Missouri or something. He was in such a good mood! Gerard was being antisocial, he had on his coat and gloves and his hood was up and everything. But I'm pretty sure he was tired...divas need their beauty rest, after all. And I'm kinda disappointed I didn't talk to Ray and Frank more. But oh well. Then I bought a shirt from this merch lady, who was actually being really nice and then I left.

That's basically what I put on myspace, in my blog. Except shorter. It's not that amazing. I was too flustered to be cool, except with bob, he calmed me and then frank ruined it...hahaha...I want to meet them again though, my friend and I are following their tour as soon as we are 18...then our parents can't stop us...hahaha
empires
Thinking Happy Thoughts
empires
March 26th, 2007 at 08:57pm
You are all making me depressed...
And I'm being serious; I gave up the chance to meet them to see them at a concert [at the Aragon Ballroom; December 15 06.] I got pushed to the way, way, way back when I saw MCR. Two good things came out of that night.
1.) Gerard waved at me and my friend... probably from jumping up and down like idiots, like I care, pfft.
2.) Frank Iero's sweatshirt brushed against me. Shocked We were by the bar (where we got pushed back to) and I was lingering around and started humming, I think, Desert Song, and he kind of looked down toward my direction, not to make eye contact... but I am sure it was him, I saw the HALLOWEEN tattoos. And he was wearing this dark green hoodie so you couldn't really see him.
And now I constantly regret not saying something... Cry: I want to properly meet and thank them.
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
May 16th, 2007 at 05:30pm
Amy;;:
I meet them at the Sounds signing tent at the New Zealand Big Day out.
It still doesnt feel like I have met them though.

They played at BDO on one of the main stages at 3.15 I think, and they played for 50 minutes.
They were amazing, although apprantly the sound set up was really bad for them,
but I was only one person away from the front, so I didnt notice.
Straight after they played I made my way across to the other end of where the event was held (through market stalls, and through people trying to watch other bands) and went to the signing tent. I got to the singing tent at about 4.20 even though they werent supposed to start signing till 6pm.
As soon as I got there I was surrounded by at least a thousand people, all trying to get to the front.
It was as bad as being in the mosh pit! I couldnt move at all!
But somehow I managed to get kind of close to the barrier.
They were only going to let 300 people through to meet MCR, and by that time there was well over 1000 people there.

I was there for at least an hour waiting in the sun (Which wasnt good for the sunburn I got while patching them play), when I saw a lady giving out the tickets that would let people get in to meet MCR. She was only about 3 people away from me, and luckily I got a ticket.
I felt like I was gonna cry right then, but thankfully I didnt.
6pm came around, and there was still no sign of them.
A little after 6.30 they finally came out. I expexted there to be alot of screaming when they came out, but there wasnt. I didnt actually realise they had come out untill a little about 5 minutes later.
After another half hour of waiting, I finally got to the front of the line.
I didnt take anything with me to get sign, but whle I was waiting people were throwing out MCR stickers so I grabbed four of those, and used those for MCR to sign.
When I got to the front the guy told me that you werent allowed to take photos of them when you met them, which kinda sucked.

And then I was in...
Bob was the first I met, and he was really full of energy and seemed so friendly and outgoing!
The total opposite of what he seems like interviews.
I shook his hand, and he signed my sticker thing, and I think I said thank you for coming, and asked him if he liked New Zealand,and he said it was awesome.

Mikey was next. He seemed a little irritated, possibly grumpy (I feel kind of bad saying that). But that could have been because of the time difference. I shook his hand and was asking him a question (cant remember what), but the security guy pushed me along to the next person.

The next person was Ray. He was sweating heaps, and when I got to him he was saying to "Man its so hot!" to Gerard, and he wiped his head with a towel.
I dont know if I was imagining things or not, but his sweat looked really white.
Man, i sound really weird saying that.
He asked how I was and I think I said something like "Im really good, thanks."

And last was Gerard. He seemed a bit tired. I asked him for a hug and he was like "yeah sure" and hugged me. Meeting him was just...wow. The whole time I kept thinking "I cant be meeting them!"
It felt really weird seeing there faces in person, and talking to them.
I just wish we could have spent more time talking, instead of getting pushed along.

So thats it.
After i met Gerard I left the tent, then went and stood by the barrier and took HEAPS of videos and pictures.
Ill post the video them signing and Ray waving if I can find it.

SHIT LUCKY PIG!!!!!!!!!!!!
addictedto_mychem
Joining The Black Parade
addictedto_mychem
May 16th, 2007 at 06:13pm
Man I am so envious of all of you that have met them..how do you meet them? Do you just wait for them after shows and hope to catch a glance of them and end up meeting them or something? Cause when I went to see them in Nashville, a lot of people [fans] said security was outside and wouldn't let anyone stay and wait for them to come out...and I swear if it hadn't been for the rain and my friend being with me, I would have stayed and waited if I could have. But oh well, I had an amazing time seeing them LIVE for the first time. I can't wait to see them again on their next tour. I just hope they come somewhere close to where I live. Maybe then I can try and wait for them <3 hehe.

Anyway, keep on w/ the stories. I'm loving them. I get to see what it's like a lttle bit lol, have some sort of hope lol.
the narrator.
Salute You in Your Grave
the narrator.
May 16th, 2007 at 09:00pm
Have any of you met them?
Frank
Where did you meet them?
After a concert in Orlando, FL
How did you meet them?
In a crowd near the busses after the show
What did you say?
I was on the front barrier during the concert, right in front of Frank, and I was holding up an "MCR saved my life" sign the whole time. When he came over to autograph my shirts I said "Hey, I really love your playing, and you rocked tonight. I was the onle holding up the 'Mcr Saved me life sign.'
What did you do?
I asked him to sign my shirt and a friends shirt [she practically peed herself when I told her xD]
What did THEY say?
When I told Frank the sign I was holding up he got this huge smile on his face and thanked me, and said he was glad he could be of service xD
What did THEY do?
Frank gave me a really big hug
In Love

-EDIT-

Also, this dosnt count as metting him, but while I was holding up the sign during the concert Gerard came over while singing and squinted to read my sign [more than likely to figure out my horrid handwriting], then smiled straight at m when he figured it out. I dont know why it feels so good to know he knows I exist and how much he means to me [maybe not ME, but to a random girl in the audience], but it does. :]
the narrator.
Salute You in Your Grave
the narrator.
May 16th, 2007 at 09:03pm
addictedto_mychem:
how do you meet them?

Usually after shows they have busses waiting in the back of the venue, and if you find the entrance then there is alsmot sure to be a crowd. I met some amazing people waiting for them to come out, and it was hilarious, because we were all trying to see if any of the people we were seeing were members of the band or just the crew.

"Ohmygod is that Mikey rolling around on skates?!?!"

Good times, gooood times. Frank was playing with a remote control car and it would come close and we would all be like "Okay now hes just fucking with us."
raggedy doctor
Shotgun Sinner
raggedy doctor
June 9th, 2007 at 04:51pm
Does anyone have some pics of Worm?
Or some footage?
I wanna see him.
DROP DEAD!
Bleeding on the Floor
DROP DEAD!
June 9th, 2007 at 05:02pm
i as already depressed now im even more depressed ill never meet them
gerardmabbitt.
Salute You in Your Grave
gerardmabbitt.
June 9th, 2007 at 05:03pm
Your all so lucky to have met them.
Sid
Salute You in Your Grave
Sid
June 9th, 2007 at 06:04pm
No I havent met them but I WILL...come close though!

my first ever mcr gig and me and my friend got lost trying to find the entrance so we could queue and we stumble upon the mcr buses with all these little girls waiting outside and some woman was like to us 'Oh are you groupies?' and we were like...no. anyways we didnt wait since we wanted to get near to the front of queue what with being in standing and all.

second close encounter was at their wembley gig, when Gerard had his light thing he was shining around, he shone it on me and my friend and we waved and he WAVED BACK right in the middle of a gig and it must have cos me and me mate looked at each other simultaniously and were like...did he just...he DID didnt he!?!

Then we waited outside after the gig behind this gate where all the buses were at. I didnt get to wait long enough for them to come out since i had school the next day and my mum was going ape at me on the phone (ergh) but we saw Brian...doesnt count really though..

but everyone else is LUCKYYYYY

i will one day...god dammit i will...
Millstone
Bleeding on the Floor
Millstone
June 9th, 2007 at 06:56pm
I'll just copy and paste from my livejournal. I'm lazy. I'm so sorry if it's too long and there is too much of my thoughts.

After the show (Dec 15 Aragon Ballroom Chicago), I was so scared that MCR were not going to come since there was still nice amount of people still there. They started chanting “MCR”! I was thinking “STOP IT YOU FUCKERS! NOW THEY’RE REALLY NOT GOING TO COME OUT!” There were a lot of irritating fans there. Security kept saying they’re not coming and that we had to leave because we were being too noisy. I know they were having a Christmas party but I’d figure they would still come out. But Brian came out, he is so awesome. Favorite Band Manager Ever! He fought for us. He tried to get the venue manager to let us stay but it didn’t work. He walked away looking a tad pissed. Then the cops came trying to clear all the fans out, I started freaking out. I refuse to get arrested for trying to meet a band. I didn’t see anyone get arrested but I heard a few people did. I started to walk up toward the block standing on the side, trying not to be seen. I swear MCR makes me do crazy shit. Here I am hiding from the cops! No Then the buses went from the gate to this parking lot across the street. So now they couldn’t kick us out!!! Because its not their property. Brian is like my hero now.

So that’s when the waiting began, I think it was only like a 3 or 2 hour wait. I can’t remember that well. All I remember is being extremely cold sitting on pavement in a dirty parking lot. It was so fucking cold. I couldn’t feel my toes after a while. But I was determined to make it. Little by little, people start slowly slipping away. Until there was only less than 20 people there. I heard Mikey came out first (Mikey didn’t come back out, but since he performed so well, I wasn’t really disappointed) and got on the bus first but I didn’t see him. Then Gerard came out. I didn’t see any of them get on the bus. I think I was slowly losing it or fell asleep. I felt homeless. But then I look up and I see Gerard Way. Gerard Fucking Way. This man has been apart of the soundtrack to my life for the past 3 years. When I having a hard time I put on some My Chem. Everything seemed so epic(lol) and unreal. One thing I remember is this grown man (like 27 years old) shaking Gerard’s hand and he started to cry. Then He hugged him. I thought that was so amazing. Finally it was my turn. I don’t remember everything word by word. Everything was in a daze. I shook his hand and thank him for coming out and gave him the Thank you card. He said “Aww. Thank you very much”. Then I asked for a picture in which I received a “oh sure”. We took our picture. Gerard was very formal but very nice. I really wanted him to sign my TBP booklet, but he looked so tired, so I didn't ask. I felt bad just asking for the picture.

Then Bob came, he went on the bus for like ten minutes then came back out. The funny part is he hopped off the bus and raised his hands like ta-da. And everyone at the same time and same pitch said “BOOBBBB”! He is so nice, funny and friendly. He took the time out to talk to everyone. Which made he line move very slow. I yelled “Stop hogging all the Bob! But I can't them, he such a great guy. He signed my TBP limited edition booklet. I shook his hand and thank him for coming out and signing stuff.

And while all of this was happening, the police kept showing. They came back 4 times. But Brian was always there to talk to them and they went away with in seconds. I’m convinced Brian is gansta. The cops are scared of him.So Brian saved everyone from getting arrested about 4 times with in a 2-3 hour period.

Frank and Ray came out the venue next and Ray went right a way to signing to signing autographs/taking pictures. Frank went on the bus for about 10 seconds and then went right to signing autographs.

Frank is my personal favorite. In Love I think he is so insert one of following words (passionate, talented, adorable). I had to get a picture with him. I HAD too. I already have his autograph. ( I have met Frank before but I embarrassed myself so this time I didn't want to make a fool of myself)He went on the bus for like 5 seconds to drop off Jamia, then came right back out. I went straight over there. My camera was shaking in my hand. Frank is so friendly and down to earth. He talks to you like you’re a person, not a fan. I extended my hand for him to shake in which he did and stepped closer to me. He is almost exactly my height so I looked dead into his eyes. I had to mentally tell myself to exhale. But I was like “Fuck I refuse to do a repeat of last time“. “Thank you so much for coming out. It means a lot. ….um.. Would you mind taking a picture.” *Takes picture/ dies of happiness* I wanted to ask for a hug but I wasn’t sure if that was asking for too much. I'm lying, Frank is fine with giving hugs, I was just too nervous to ask.

Meeting Ray made me feel short. I was thinking “damn! I’m a midget.” Anyways Ray is so cool and chill.I felt kinda bad because I never realized how great he was as a person before then. He made a joke about someone’s hand being his ass while taking a picture like “Who’s hand is my ass”? It was funny because it seemed as though the girl actually thought about like “no that’s not my hand or is it?“ Naughty . I did the usual routine of shaking his hand, autograph, and thanking him for coming out. I need a routine because otherwise everything would come out like “ IloveyouthanksyousomuchImsonervousImtryingnottobebutitsnotworking” *Smiles awkwardly*

After that Frank had a huge line waiting to meet him. But they had to go. So he starts speed autographing. Trying to make sure everyone got something signed. Showing me why he's my favorite. The night ended with Frank being carried away (and I do mean carried, Worm physically picked him up. It was so funny) saying "Can't I at least hug them"? he was reaching his arms out and everything. In Love

That night made me a lifetime My Chemical Romance fan. I will never forget it. I’ve never seen a band go out of their way like that for fans. Plus they were all so normal. Brian stole Bob's santa hat and were threw twizzlers at him. Plus I met 20 crazy amazing Chicago My Chem fans. It was wonderful. <3
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
June 9th, 2007 at 09:36pm
omg you guys are so fucking lucky!
xerica.fiercex
Jazz Hands
xerica.fiercex
June 10th, 2007 at 02:38am
Starz and Studz:
Does anyone have some pics of Worm?
Or some footage?
I wanna see him.

me and my Wormie Bear. =]
papershoe
Fabulous Killjoy
papershoe
June 10th, 2007 at 09:31am
wellllll..... i didnt exactly meet them but its close enough. i went with my lover (the trash bag lady) to see my chemical romance on february 23 at nassau coliseum. me and her tend to be just a weeeee bit hiper...... anyway so they come out singing the end, and thats where it all began.....we were going abseloutly insane and did not stop moving or screeming. we were literally the loudest ones there without a doubt!! if you listen to some of the videos from the concert you hear us scrreeeminggg if you listn carefuly, is verryyy funnyyy,......we were so bad that people around us started leaving because we wouldnt stop screemng or jumping!!! muahahahahaha!! we had about 15 seats to ourselves all around us. i know it sounds evil but who goes to a concert and just sits the whole time???? sooooo......all out work (all the jumping screeming and dancing) FINALLY payed off, dun dun dun.......at the very beggining of helena.......GERARD WAY WAS POINTING AND WAVING AT USSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i coudnt believe it!!! and we were in the last section...and gerard way noticed uss!!! it sounds retarted but it was a dream to usss!! but it was going on for about 33sec. which is a llong time if you think about it....i dont know how but i even found it on youtube!!! look!!!! the first 33 seconds is gerard pointing and waving at us!! this may sound really stupid and teenie and all and i really apalogize but for me no moment in my life has beat it yet! (which sounds even more pathetic haha!!) here it is: you have to look really closely though in the beggining, gerard is all the way on the right hand side. okiie dokiieee:

papershoe
Fabulous Killjoy
papershoe
June 10th, 2007 at 09:54am
dammm!!! the video doesnt work!!!!! sorry! well if you want to still see it, which i suggest you dont because its not that great, no where in comparison to some of these other experiances, its helena live part 1. haha sorry about that
Miketh Way.
Salute You in Your Grave
Miketh Way.
June 10th, 2007 at 09:55am
i have never met them. i hope i do someday.