Don't have an account? Create one!

I Don't Love You Video !!!

AuthorMessage
xemo_gurlx
Joining The Black Parade
xemo_gurlx
March 9th, 2007 at 05:24pm
its probably been personal to him- either that or hes just a really good actor and trying to make the video look effective.. <3 love this video sooooo much
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 9th, 2007 at 05:28pm
He got really emotional because he was thinking about Bert
HarlequinFirith
Always Born a Crime
HarlequinFirith
March 9th, 2007 at 05:30pm
^^^^^ lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao
Harkness
Salute You in Your Grave
Harkness
March 9th, 2007 at 05:43pm
I sent my best friend a link to this video. And she has dial-up so it took an hour to load. So she saw it and loved it. But then she had to go to bed. She left it up for her mom to watch. A few minutes later her mom came in her room and said "Crystal, what's the singer's name?"
"Gerard Way."
"He's adorable."
"He' kinda close to your age."
"Really?"
"Yeah 29."
She;s about 10 or 15 years older than him. It was really funny cause this is the same lady that sorta disowns us when we get a bit wierd about My Chem. Me and her have the abnormal ability to be normal then a teenie and will.
India
Shotgun Sinner
India
March 9th, 2007 at 06:08pm

in my opinion i think this is one of there most moving video's...how much i wanted to hug Gee when he looked as if he was gonna cry!!

Beautifull Video...<33
Bobby B.
Banned
Bobby B.
March 9th, 2007 at 06:24pm
It's just....gorgeous. There are no other words to describe it.
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
March 9th, 2007 at 06:41pm
luck of the irish.:
okay, i have metaphorical views on this video....

1. Falling. it appears everywhere in the video. Falling leaves, falling band, falling in love and falling apart.

2. Black and white. I always said things looked more emotional in black and white.Gerard probably wanted the video to be emotional.

3. Surrealness. How surreal the video is is what makes it amazing. The couple in the video look "different" which I think symbolizes how unique we all are.

4. In one scene Gerard is alone. Self-explanitory.

5. Guitar breaks glass. I think it symbolizes being broken.

6. The woman is white the man is black. Which I think symbolizes Yin and Yang. Yin Yang I've learned means there is a little bit of good in evil and a little bit of evil in good. White also represents purity and innocence, black represents death and farewell. The fact that they are complete and total oppisites makes sense.

7. It rains black on the white woman and she cries black. Symbolizing I believe that she misses him and will always be with him in some way.

and that's what i think.

Clap Clap Clap
I absolutely love your interpretation of the meaning of the video, I completely agree!
I think it really is 'Pure', which is a word Gerard seems to use a lot, and I think it sums up the band as well, because they have no pretences, they don't pretend to be something their not, they are only themselves and won't let anyone change that (ok I've gone off topic, but I think it shows in all their music / videos / interviews / performances.)

1 - That fact that its Autumn as well is like the dying of their love, the Spring (the meeting) and the Summer (at the height of the love), have passed and when Autumn is over and Winter sets in then the love will be dead.

2 - When the couple break and fall into pieces is also resembling Autumn and falling apart/dying.

3 - I love the fact they have used a couple who have been made to look 'not normal' (whatever normal is), because MCR are always encouraging us to be ourselves, noone else. They could have so easily gone down the predictable route of having really attractive, model-like people (not that the actors aren't attractive), which would to them, I think, be like selling-out. They also don't use any of themselves in the love story, or have a half-naked woman rolling around that one of them kisses. (which is what so many, so-called rock bands do, just watch Kerrang and every 3rd video is like that.).

4 - At the end the girl is left next to a bench and lamp-post, where the scenery is bare, there's no life left.

Well that's me finished babbling!
Phoebizzle
Really Not Okay
Phoebizzle
March 9th, 2007 at 07:15pm
Such a great video <3
HarlequinFirith
Always Born a Crime
HarlequinFirith
March 9th, 2007 at 07:32pm
I love the interpretations of the video you've been making...
I'm still too stunned by it to find any meaning!! -- me = dork!

Still wanna hug Gerard!!! Crying or Very sad it breaks my heart to see that puppy eyes of him!

Burn all the Empires:

Have you noticed you babble a lot??? XD
How come you haven't been at home??? (by that meaning the captions thread)
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
March 9th, 2007 at 08:35pm
Stigmatized Firith:
I love the interpretations of the video you've been making...
I'm still too stunned by it to find any meaning!! -- me = dork!

Still wanna hug Gerard!!! Crying or Very sad it breaks my heart to see that puppy eyes of him!
Burn all the Empires:

Have you noticed you babble a lot??? XD
How come you haven't been at home??? (by that meaning the captions thread)

Hee, hee - Yes I do!
I've been making your 'Intense' Mikey GIF, and I'm nearly there but I'll probably have to finish it tomorrow (I set up a thread especially to find out how to make it properly!). Whoops babbling again!

(so it's not spam) This video rocks!
Sterate_
Really Not Okay
Sterate_
March 9th, 2007 at 08:46pm
I think the video was stupendous yet I don't know why but I feel like I don't want to watch the video again. I have no idea why.
rockonbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
rockonbaby
March 9th, 2007 at 09:31pm
^^^ I think I kind of get you. It's so beautiful, that you don't want to ruin it by watching it over and over and over again where you become kind of sick and tired of it. I do that with songs.
Burn all the Empires
Bleeding on the Floor
Burn all the Empires
March 9th, 2007 at 09:35pm
^ Me too!
I've listened to every MCR song so many times, that now and again I put my iPOD on shuffle, just to hear the songs randomly next to other artists, it's a great way to appreciate each song on it's own and they sound fresh!

I know what you mean about the video, the best explanation I've heard for feeling that way was when a film reviewer said that 'He was devestated that he would never be able to watch LOTR for the first time again' its like that impact is so intense you just want to hold on to it!

Ok me finish babbling again!
Spencer Reid
Always Born a Crime
Spencer Reid
March 9th, 2007 at 10:12pm
unapologetic apathy:
He got really emotional because he was thinking about Bert

^^lmfao lmfao You are officially my hero.
jedicam10
Fabulous Killjoy
jedicam10
March 9th, 2007 at 10:40pm
Uh...

...Am i the only person who thought the song was just...blea.

It was a bit of a disapiontment for me. It was kind of boring. It think disenchanted would've been a better choice. Even heaven help us.
Bayonetta.
Bleeding on the Floor
Bayonetta.
March 9th, 2007 at 11:53pm
Fucking love this video.
Once again, an MCR video has made me cry like Helena and Ghost Of You. Damn them and their cunning video interpretations! >_< <3

Seriously though, i love the surreal-ness and artsy style of this video which sets it apart from their other stuff. The girl's eyes are hella freaky but i loved them for that fact. I really didn't expect everything to go exploding like that, i thought their world tumble apart, sure, but not go and esplode like that. I really loved the slow mo-ness of when they were spacking out on the instuments [Eg. Gee and the mic and Frank and the awesome guitar hurl through the glass] and showing some real raw feel to it. This video played on my artsy part of me and got to me and that last shot when the girl crys a single black tear made me hold my breath. Plus i couldn't help but melt when i saw Gerard's weepy lil puppy eyes. <3

In summary, this video is one of my favs.
NOpoetAcriminal
Motor Baby
NOpoetAcriminal
March 10th, 2007 at 12:40am
i think the reason that everyone keeps bringing up the wedding ring is the fact that we (or I, personally) want to see the boys w/ girls who will make them happy, especially gerard b/c he broke up w/ his g/f of six years a while back and is out living alone and doesn't really have a home.

i know that for me i want to see them all happy because happy boys make great music.

anyway, i really liked everyone's interpretations. i'm not sure where it stands on the all-time favorite video list, but it's quite high. I'm Not Okay might still be my first favorite b/c it's the story of my life and got me through a lot of shit and is just plain funny.

i forgot who was talking about it, but yea, i don't want to watch this vid too much b/c i want it to stay fresh and new-ish.

ok, time for bed.
don't aim to please.
Banned
don't aim to please.
March 10th, 2007 at 03:08am
NOpoetAcriminal:
i think the reason that everyone keeps bringing up the wedding ring is the fact that we (or I, personally) want to see the boys w/ girls who will make them happy, especially gerard b/c he broke up w/ his g/f of six years a while back and is out living alone and doesn't really have a home.

i know that for me i want to see them all happy because happy boys make great music.

anyway, i really liked everyone's interpretations. i'm not sure where it stands on the all-time favorite video list, but it's quite high. I'm Not Okay might still be my first favorite b/c it's the story of my life and got me through a lot of shit and is just plain funny.

i forgot who was talking about it, but yea, i don't want to watch this vid too much b/c i want it to stay fresh and new-ish.

ok, time for bed.
I'd like to see Gerard with a boy! Just to make the fangirls cry. Well, no, they'd just go write some yucky fanfic... Smiley
lana del rey.
Demolition Lover
lana del rey.
March 10th, 2007 at 03:33am
luck of the irish.:

2. Black and white. I always said things looked more emotional in black and white.Gerard probably wanted the video to be emotional.

The black and white was probably used to excentuate the Juxtaposition [differences]. Like the whole song's about "I don't like you like I did yesterday".
So, it's the contrast between past and present.
And showing that the lovers have this mountain of a difference between them, by colouring them black and white supports this.
Bullets.
Motor Baby
Bullets.
March 10th, 2007 at 05:23am
I love this video.
This song is my favourite and it's probably my favourite video.
Gee looks adorable in this, and he's so sad! Awww it's okay Gee, I Love You!
I love it when they're all falling down and you can see Ray's hair like fly behind him...hehe
Best. Video. Ever