Don't have an account? Create one!

Have you ever done schoolwork or a project involving MCR?

AuthorMessage
XVampireX
Joining The Black Parade
XVampireX
May 16th, 2007 at 09:41pm
yay!
thats right!
i remember urs now, dear.
urs was by the grace of good! thats in hang em high!
yay!
they had all of the words in latin except for cheers...
dang.
XVampireX
Joining The Black Parade
XVampireX
May 16th, 2007 at 09:47pm
<3
XVampireX
Joining The Black Parade
XVampireX
May 16th, 2007 at 09:49pm
imnotokaywiththis:
yep but then the teacher said i had to do it again coz my chemical romance were 'an unsuitable band to like' i told her where to go and got suspended

thats amazing, ur my hero!
<3
Adalia
Jazz Hands
Adalia
May 16th, 2007 at 09:53pm
For an art project, we have to pick a poem or song to base a carving off of. I'm doing Helena, and my friends are doing Blood and Hang 'Em High.
sookeh.
Crash Queen
sookeh.
May 22nd, 2007 at 03:42am
falloutofgrace;.:
Autumn to Ashes:
we have to do a speech in english on a social issue.... so i am going to do how the media is streotyping emo and what they are saying... like that it is dangerous etc... and i know MCR is not emo but they have been mentioned alot by the media here so... if you have any articles it would really help me... i'll make sure to post parts of my speech up here when i do it...

Well, MCR were in the January 2007 issue of Spin and it kind of talked about that a bit. About how they save lives and stuff. I dunno if that's what you're looking for but it made me think of it. Part of the article is here but you can probably find the complete scans somewhere online. Or you'll have to track a copy down.
That actually might not have much to do with what you're trying to find.. Oh well, I tried. ^-^ You can talk about how MCR, the sterotypical emo band, actually saves lives? Hope that helps.
Edit: Haha I just noticed that INO.net is mentioned in that article. ^-^

thanks heaps... thats just the knid of thing that i need

xoxo
C a n d y
Bleeding on the Floor
C a n d y
May 22nd, 2007 at 11:47am
For Art, we are doing a project on ourselves, which includes what we like and dislike.
I did quite a few pages of drawings, paintings ect on MCR.

Also, in citizen class we did some work on our idols, so I mentioned MCR.

^^
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
May 22nd, 2007 at 12:11pm
eatXvenom:
My senior year of high school, we had to do a project on our favorite band for my music history class. We had to do a poster, write a report, explain how you think they've impacted music history & play one of their songs or videos. I played the Helena video. Below is a picture of my poster. I took red paint & splattered the board w/ it to make it look like blood. I got alot of "oohs" when I did my presentation.

I won't post the whole report, but here are some of my favorite parts from it:

"My Chemical Romance or MCR, as many fans call them, is an American rock band formed in New Jersey in the early 2000’s. Their genre of music is controversial, but with their fast beat and crazy guitar riffs, their music has been categorized as post-hardcore, punk rock, screamo, emo, and pop punk. They have many influences such as The Smiths, The Misfits, Iron Maiden, Queen, David Bowie, Black Flag, Morrissey and Pantera. Rolling Stone Magazine described them as “Queen meets The Misfits”. They are also heavily influenced by comic books and horror movies giving their music and concerts a fantasy and theatrical aspect."

"In 2004, they released their first major debut album, “Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge” on Warner Brothers Records. This album produced the hits “I’m Not Okay (I Promise)”, “Helena”, which was written about the Way brother’s grandmother and the mournful “Ghost of You”. The album started out as a concept album, but turned into something more personal, blurring the line between fantasy and reality."

"I believe that My Chemical Romance will and has left an impact on music history. They have brought back the theatrical and fast pace of 80’s punk. They are not scared to do what they want and be who they are. And it doesn’t stop there, their lyrics tell a fictional story, but are still truthful. They show their expressive, creative and artistic side with their amazing music videos bringing back storytelling. They put their heart and soul into every performance, showing emotion I have not seen from any other band."

That is fucking amazing. Clap It has to be said people... Mr. Green

In Art at school I'm doing a project on MCR Mr. Green
alliebot.
Killjoy
alliebot.
May 22nd, 2007 at 09:10pm
We did a poetry project for Reading/LA and we had to choose 2 songs that had the lyrics to it in the project and I chose WTTBP and Cancer. I also mentioned the meaning of the song to me in the middle of class. Very Happy

We also did this leadership thing and in the beginning we had to choose an airhead and I chose the blue one (which meant you had to tell people you're favorite song/artist. I chose WTTBP by MCR. < 333
the_Saminator
Thinking Happy Thoughts
the_Saminator
May 22nd, 2007 at 09:34pm
I had to do this project where we had to make up our dream High School and mine was MCR High
x Ash x
Fabulous Killjoy
x Ash x
May 23rd, 2007 at 04:58am
No, never.
But it's a good idea, though.
My Sharona.
Bleeding on the Floor
My Sharona.
May 24th, 2007 at 07:24am
for art we were doing portraiture and we were painting on canvas. everyone was drawing their partners but i didnt have one =( so i drew a portrait of gerard singing outta my sketchbook!! >=D. it was fun!
for english we were studying the book tuck everlasting (stuff about immortality). so being the psycho mcr fan i was, i immediately thought, 'our lady of sorrows' and based my whole anthology around the quote 'oh how wrong we were to think that immortality meant never dying...' =D it was awesome
divineblindsoul
Fabulous Killjoy
divineblindsoul
May 24th, 2007 at 09:21am
I'm a senior yearbook editor and you get a small "personal" section in the back of the book. Gerard and MCR is in my personal section. I also have the first line of Desert Song in there also.

I'm also making a PowerPoint project for my Geology class, and I am using MCR as the hosts, Lol....it's going to be great.
RedTieOut
Fabulous Killjoy
RedTieOut
May 24th, 2007 at 09:23am
Not exactly....but in American History, when we were learning about the civil war, I got to show the Ghost of You video for the whole class even though it was about WWII.
blackXparade77
Killjoy
blackXparade77
May 24th, 2007 at 02:03pm
YES oh yeah.

For my creative writing class we had to develop two short stories. Mine were based on The Black Parade and Three cheers. Plus, I wrote countless poems involving them to be put into my class' portfolio.
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
May 24th, 2007 at 02:37pm
nob but im hoping to get to do one soonVery Happy
ennui.
Awake and Unafraid
ennui.
May 26th, 2007 at 02:18am
I did one of my art assignments on Skeleton Crew
EdwardCullenIsLove
Fabulous Killjoy
EdwardCullenIsLove
May 28th, 2007 at 02:11pm
I'm so sad. I try to involve MCR in everything I do.
Like we did a project about life in Britain in WWII and I had pics of the dance from ghost of you in there XD
And I did a presentation about MCR and got a really high mark =]
MCR_Black_Parade
Killjoy
MCR_Black_Parade
May 28th, 2007 at 02:15pm
i used My Chemical Romance in short stories and friendly letters for English =) =P
SheaLeone;KJ
Motor Baby
SheaLeone;KJ
May 28th, 2007 at 03:09pm
Yeah.

I got and 86 on it.
SheaLeone;KJ
Motor Baby
SheaLeone;KJ
May 28th, 2007 at 03:09pm
double post.