Don't have an account? Create one!

Have you ever done schoolwork or a project involving MCR?

AuthorMessage
Easy Mac
In The Murder Scene
Easy Mac
May 14th, 2007 at 05:41pm
^good luck lol

I am doing another thing for art and using their lyrics on it again.
Human Wreckage xx
Really Not Okay
Human Wreckage xx
May 14th, 2007 at 09:00pm
i am currently in this class called technology where we have to design co2 powered cars out of a block of wood and then paint it with a theme...mine is MCR =D people saw that coming haha...
vampires_hurt_me
Fabulous Killjoy
vampires_hurt_me
May 14th, 2007 at 11:26pm
Last year in broadcasting I used MCR music in nearly every video I worked on.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
May 15th, 2007 at 01:17am
Human Wreckage xx:
i am currently in this class called technology where we have to design co2 powered cars out of a block of wood and then paint it with a theme...mine is MCR =D people saw that coming haha...

ooh those co2 cars! do you have to enter a competition with em? cuz these girls in my high school before, came first & beat all the boys in australia & went international...and our teacher got offered this design job with the racing car thing.

But I bet your car looks waaaay better than the ones ppl from my school did...they were pink like our uniform... Wink
Blair Waldorf
Jazz Hands
Blair Waldorf
May 15th, 2007 at 03:05am
My senior year of high school, we had to do a project on our favorite band for my music history class. We had to do a poster, write a report, explain how you think they've impacted music history & play one of their songs or videos. I played the Helena video. Below is a picture of my poster. I took red paint & splattered the board w/ it to make it look like blood. I got alot of "oohs" when I did my presentation.

I won't post the whole report, but here are some of my favorite parts from it:

"My Chemical Romance or MCR, as many fans call them, is an American rock band formed in New Jersey in the early 2000’s. Their genre of music is controversial, but with their fast beat and crazy guitar riffs, their music has been categorized as post-hardcore, punk rock, screamo, emo, and pop punk. They have many influences such as The Smiths, The Misfits, Iron Maiden, Queen, David Bowie, Black Flag, Morrissey and Pantera. Rolling Stone Magazine described them as “Queen meets The Misfits”. They are also heavily influenced by comic books and horror movies giving their music and concerts a fantasy and theatrical aspect."

"In 2004, they released their first major debut album, “Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge” on Warner Brothers Records. This album produced the hits “I’m Not Okay (I Promise)”, “Helena”, which was written about the Way brother’s grandmother and the mournful “Ghost of You”. The album started out as a concept album, but turned into something more personal, blurring the line between fantasy and reality."

"I believe that My Chemical Romance will and has left an impact on music history. They have brought back the theatrical and fast pace of 80’s punk. They are not scared to do what they want and be who they are. And it doesn’t stop there, their lyrics tell a fictional story, but are still truthful. They show their expressive, creative and artistic side with their amazing music videos bringing back storytelling. They put their heart and soul into every performance, showing emotion I have not seen from any other band."
Courtney-likeWOAHx
Killjoy
Courtney-likeWOAHx
May 15th, 2007 at 04:21am
We're All Dead Now.:
xPhantomsX_ForeverXx:
I wish. My classes are lame.Sad

So are mine.
Except in my chemistry class I constantly write 'Romance' after writing 'Chemical' on accident.

LOL i do that too.
its actually quite embarrasing.
Gee-Bear Whore
Motor Baby
Gee-Bear Whore
May 15th, 2007 at 05:30am
eatXvenom:
My senior year of high school, we had to do a project on our favorite band for my music history class. We had to do a poster, write a report, explain how you think they've impacted music history & play one of their songs or videos. I played the Helena video. Below is a picture of my poster. I took red paint & splattered the board w/ it to make it look like blood. I got alot of "oohs" when I did my presentation.

I won't post the whole report, but here are some of my favorite parts from it:

"My Chemical Romance or MCR, as many fans call them, is an American rock band formed in New Jersey in the early 2000’s. Their genre of music is controversial, but with their fast beat and crazy guitar riffs, their music has been categorized as post-hardcore, punk rock, screamo, emo, and pop punk. They have many influences such as The Smiths, The Misfits, Iron Maiden, Queen, David Bowie, Black Flag, Morrissey and Pantera. Rolling Stone Magazine described them as “Queen meets The Misfits”. They are also heavily influenced by comic books and horror movies giving their music and concerts a fantasy and theatrical aspect."

"In 2004, they released their first major debut album, “Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge” on Warner Brothers Records. This album produced the hits “I’m Not Okay (I Promise)”, “Helena”, which was written about the Way brother’s grandmother and the mournful “Ghost of You”. The album started out as a concept album, but turned into something more personal, blurring the line between fantasy and reality."

"I believe that My Chemical Romance will and has left an impact on music history. They have brought back the theatrical and fast pace of 80’s punk. They are not scared to do what they want and be who they are. And it doesn’t stop there, their lyrics tell a fictional story, but are still truthful. They show their expressive, creative and artistic side with their amazing music videos bringing back storytelling. They put their heart and soul into every performance, showing emotion I have not seen from any other band."

WOW thats is really cool!!!!its amazing..

anyway I did a poem on them and wrote an SA on who my heros were..
Miketh Way.
Salute You in Your Grave
Miketh Way.
May 15th, 2007 at 06:43am
sometimes in english we have to write lyk short stories, poems etc... and i always use their names!
Miketh Way.
Salute You in Your Grave
Miketh Way.
May 15th, 2007 at 06:44am
thats a really good poster.....its fukin awesome.
Blair Waldorf
Jazz Hands
Blair Waldorf
May 15th, 2007 at 07:36am
through the fears:
thats a really good poster.....its fukin awesome.

Thank you. Mr. Green

& I love your ava.
addictedto_mychem
Joining The Black Parade
addictedto_mychem
May 15th, 2007 at 08:56am
I did a project for my web design class back in high school where we had to create our own web site. We could basically do whatever we wanted on there. Most people however, did one of just themselves. I did MCR though. Basically I put why I liked them, some of their songs on there, lyrics, pictures, about them, etc. Made an A I think Very Happy
sookeh.
Crash Queen
sookeh.
May 15th, 2007 at 09:00am
we have to do a speech in english on a social issue.... so i am going to do how the media is streotyping emo and what they are saying... like that it is dangerous etc... and i know MCR is not emo but they have been mentioned alot by the media here so... if you have any articles it would really help me... i'll make sure to post parts of my speech up here when i do it...
Stewie G. Griffin
Motor Baby
Stewie G. Griffin
May 15th, 2007 at 10:37am
Well its not school work or a project but Im working on a background for a story. Its 3 comic books strips based around 'Demolition Lovers'. Its gonna be coloured like the Three Cheers book; only using red, black, white and grey. And yeah...I started it today and havent decided on whats going in the last box.
The Hitcher
Bleeding on the Floor
The Hitcher
May 15th, 2007 at 02:01pm
i just did my entire ict coursework on mcr!
we had to make a game based around something we really like!
buuut....
my ict teacher failed us all! =o so i guess all my mcr work was pointless now!! =] still, it was fun coming on here, pretending i was doing 'research' when i was actually posting messages!!!
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
May 15th, 2007 at 02:01pm
I'm doing a project on them in music.
Pumpkin Peazy
Bulletproof Heart
Pumpkin Peazy
May 15th, 2007 at 03:28pm
I really like your poster eatXvenom, but Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge isn't there first album...

We had to do a mouse pad for my Commercial Art and Technology class. It came out pretty good Very Happy.

smile like a knife.
Joining The Black Parade
smile like a knife.
May 15th, 2007 at 04:08pm
Autumn to Ashes:
we have to do a speech in english on a social issue.... so i am going to do how the media is streotyping emo and what they are saying... like that it is dangerous etc... and i know MCR is not emo but they have been mentioned alot by the media here so... if you have any articles it would really help me... i'll make sure to post parts of my speech up here when i do it...

Well, MCR were in the January 2007 issue of Spin and it kind of talked about that a bit. About how they save lives and stuff. I dunno if that's what you're looking for but it made me think of it. Part of the article is here but you can probably find the complete scans somewhere online. Or you'll have to track a copy down.
That actually might not have much to do with what you're trying to find.. Oh well, I tried. ^-^ You can talk about how MCR, the sterotypical emo band, actually saves lives? Hope that helps.
Edit: Haha I just noticed that INO.net is mentioned in that article. ^-^
Blair Waldorf
Jazz Hands
Blair Waldorf
May 15th, 2007 at 07:33pm
Pumpkin Peazy:
I really like your poster eatXvenom, but Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge isn't there first album...

Thank you. Very Happy

I know its not their first album, but it was their first MAJOR LABEL debut album.
I didn't post the whole report. There's a part that goes before that mentioning the release of Bullets.
We All Fall Down
Fabulous Killjoy
We All Fall Down
May 16th, 2007 at 04:25pm
For English we had to write a creative story, so, being me, I couldn't think of anything... so I based mine on the Demolition Lovers story.
XxShaexX
Killjoy
XxShaexX
May 16th, 2007 at 09:05pm
i had to make a coat of armor for language arts, and i usedd mcr lyrics as my quote on the scroll.
it was kool.
my best friend's quote was "glyc retrobution" which is sweet revenge for their second album.
she wanted to do the full name, but they didnt have all of the words she needed in lati.
lol
:]