Don't have an account? Create one!

Can you Not Listen To An MCR Song Because It Brings Back Memories?

AuthorMessage
Butters
Salute You in Your Grave
Butters
April 10th, 2007 at 05:37am
I Don't Love You, i can still listen to it, its not painful or anything but just reminds me of an ex.
alzypow. THE END.
Fabulous Killjoy
alzypow. THE END.
April 10th, 2007 at 06:02am
The End and WTTBP just make me think about everything.
Olga_Sleep
Joining The Black Parade
Olga_Sleep
April 10th, 2007 at 08:56am
I can listen to the all songs.
I have strong memory with song “ The black parade” , cause it is became my anthem after my story of depression. It was very hard fore to speak, to smile, to leave, to thing about people and sense of life. I was hating all my favorite music , I was waiting for something new. I was hating myself. But after MCR new album ,this song brought me alive, I realized who I am. And this video is really amazing!
Also I have strong memory with song “ Early sunsets …”. It recalls one evening when I and my friend went to the underground town in my city to the café to eat ice-cream. An the town was empty. There was empty escalators, empty shops and cafes , the town was dead, it was winter and it was early sunsets. And we were walking through the town and nobody
Olga_Sleep
Joining The Black Parade
Olga_Sleep
April 10th, 2007 at 09:57am
And also the strong memory for me it is song "Famous last words"...........
Olga_Sleep
Joining The Black Parade
Olga_Sleep
April 10th, 2007 at 09:58am
In Love
t'lema
Salute You in Your Grave
t'lema
April 18th, 2007 at 07:58am
I can't watch the video for 'Ghost of you' without teaaring up, because I'm a history geek, and my family took me to see the D-Day landing beaches, and we met a veteran and we were all crying. It reminds me too much of that, so I can't make myself watch it.
pumpkinpiemuthafucka
Bleeding on the Floor
pumpkinpiemuthafucka
April 18th, 2007 at 08:51am
Cancer for me!!
Ami von Grimm
Banned
Ami von Grimm
April 18th, 2007 at 02:50pm
I Don't Love You;
Because he doesn't love me. Because I love him.
Because he disappeared. Because there is nobody.
i must be emo.
Joining The Black Parade
i must be emo.
April 18th, 2007 at 05:22pm
i cant listen to "the ghost of you" without thinking of my uncle.
hes in the army, and every time i hear that song, i think of what could happen.
he has a 4 year old daughter, and a new daughter on the way.

"welcome to the black parade" makes me think of my previous marching band season.
it doesnt make me sad, but it makes me think of all the good times.
(that sounds really corny)
Jepha.
Salute You in Your Grave
Jepha.
April 18th, 2007 at 05:58pm
Disenchanted =|. As soon as it comes on I have to skip over it or I will cry.
taytayloves...you2
Killjoy
taytayloves...you2
April 18th, 2007 at 06:12pm
well the helena cause it reminds me alot of grandma. cause the song came on when i was feeling upset about her dying.it made me realzile that i will never see her again, but i will always have in my memories. I MISS HER SO MUCH! Cancer makes me think of her too. and the song i dont love u made me cry cause i sat down and real listened to the words and they me cry. i think gerard put alot of emotion into singing that song. i felt so bad for him it made me cry!
Quinn.
Bleeding on the Floor
Quinn.
April 18th, 2007 at 06:35pm
recently, i cant listen to MCR without crying my eyes out.
so i havent been listenin to them.
especially famous last words and helena.
:[
ThAtSmRsWaY2U
Killjoy
ThAtSmRsWaY2U
April 20th, 2007 at 06:53pm
I can't listen to I Don't Love You during my biology class because my ex is in there, and we had "taken a break to keep our options open over spring break" and when we got back he was just sooooo bitter that he actually made me cry. So whenever I look at him the first thing that pops into my head is "When You Go Would You Have The Guts To Say I Don't Love You Like I Loved You Yesterday" because after three years i deserved to at least be told that he doesn't love me.
americanidiot
Fabulous Killjoy
americanidiot
April 20th, 2007 at 10:07pm
Sometimes I cant lisen to 'Sleep' because there was this time when i was going to do something to somebody at school and...well...lets just say if i had got what i wanted i'd be on death row right now...and my whole family says i ruind my whole future because i no longer attend a prep. school but im not sorry about it because i'm doing a lot better in public school and that song just reminds me of that.
americanidiot
Fabulous Killjoy
americanidiot
April 20th, 2007 at 10:10pm
shit! double post sorry
Human Wreckage xx
Really Not Okay
Human Wreckage xx
April 22nd, 2007 at 12:31am
its become hard for me to listen to early sunsets over monroeville because my best friend told me that back when she usto "cut" thats the song she listened to so it gives me chills sometimes.
girl interrupted.
Salute You in Your Grave
girl interrupted.
April 22nd, 2007 at 09:53am
Loonatic:
There really aren't any of MCR's songs that I can't listen to...But there are a lot of them that remind me of harder times in my life. But as they remind me, they make me stronger...Which is one of the reasons I love MCR so much.

Like Cancer.

My Way Home Is Through You makes me saddish, even though I love it.

The end where it goes "C'mon angel, don't you cry."

I first heard that when I was really upset about school and all, I had ito my iPod, but I hadn't had time to listen to it. I got upset, so I thought, "oh dammit, just put on some music already."

That song was first in the MCR playlist and it made me upset for some reason. =/

*I love that song though, I'm listening to it now*
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
April 22nd, 2007 at 11:17am
Cancer made me bawl the first time I heard it. Really, no lie.

I just heard Desert Song the other day, and part where he says:

"from the lights to the pavement, from the van to the floor, from backstage to the doctor, from the earth to the morgue"

made me start crying as well.
I don't normally like to cry, but these songs make it inevitable. I still love them though.
xXxRachelxXx
Joining The Black Parade
xXxRachelxXx
April 22nd, 2007 at 11:34am
I find it hard to listen to "Cancer" because my dad died of lung cancer and it just brings back these very vivid memories of the pain we all had to go through watching him slowly dying in a hospital bed and it also makes me want to smile a bit too because he wanted to be at home with us when he died so he was allowed to be moved for his final few hours and I didnt leave his side for one second. I mean i knew he was going but we had the best chat ive ever had in my life just talking about everything really that day.

and then "the ghost of you" reminds me of him again. and my nan and grandad who are both dead.
PlasticDreams-x
Killjoy
PlasticDreams-x
April 22nd, 2007 at 12:55pm

Every MCR song has the potential to make me cry and to break me down. There are some more than others, and some that just never fail too.
Cancer- My Dad died of cancer when I was ten years old and listening to that song is just flashbacks of that. I love that song, but it will dissolve me to tears.
Helena (Live)- When Gerard goes 'Can.. you.. hear.. me' that's when I break down. There's something about the emotion and intensity of his voice that just touches me.
Demolition Lovers- There's just this one guy that meant a lot to me and for some reason I associate that song with him. So, yeah, that brings me to tears too.

Also, I agree with the MWHITY comment. The line 'C'mon angel don't you cry..' breaks me.

It doesn't help that I'm oversensitive.