Don't have an account? Create one!

Can you Not Listen To An MCR Song Because It Brings Back Memories?

AuthorMessage
art star.
Demolition Lover
art star.
March 29th, 2007 at 06:22am
Demolition Lovers.
Drowning Lessons.
*sniff*
patrick wolf
Salute You in Your Grave
patrick wolf
March 29th, 2007 at 07:15am
yea, well every mcr song brings back memories, mostly good, but some sad. cancer gets to me coz one of my good friend's mum and my grandpa died of cancer. (btw im really proud of my self coz i can play parts of it on the piano, when i play it i sing along, then i just get more sad). then other songs make me happy when im sad like famous last words, and im not okay is good to listen to when ur angry, annoyed or upset about something. i just think of the video 4 it and i laugh.
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
March 29th, 2007 at 07:23am
there are no MCR songs that bring back bad memories for me but i find it really weird how certain songs remind me of certain things.
like i watched a video of Jeffree star on his buzznet and 'I Never Told You What I Do For A Living' was playing in the background so now whenever i listen to that song it reminds me of J*.
patrick wolf
Salute You in Your Grave
patrick wolf
March 29th, 2007 at 07:55am
o yer . . . if u go down my street then turn left, there is a cemetary there. i go past it several times a day. my friend died when she was 11. i was lyk depressed for weeks. she had a serious problem with her heart. i think of her alot, since she was buried at that cemetary. My uncle, grandma, grandpa and a few other family members hav been buried there. its hard not to cry when i go past, especially when i hear cemetary drive.
tennant.
Full of Ephedrine
tennant.
March 29th, 2007 at 01:03pm
I can no longer listen to it's not a fashion statement it's a fucking deathwish cos it makes me litterally cry my eyes out bringing back memories of seeing it live

I don't know why though
Gerard Arthur Way.
Demolition Lover
Gerard Arthur Way.
March 29th, 2007 at 01:23pm
Sometimes I have a hard time listening to The Ghost of You..
'cause it reminds me of my friend.. who,
let's just say he took the train to heaven.
a thousand suns.
Always Born a Crime
a thousand suns.
March 29th, 2007 at 01:50pm
Disenchanted.

Fuck it makes me sad.
ILuvMCRandYotas
Motor Baby
ILuvMCRandYotas
March 29th, 2007 at 01:56pm
I don't have that problem with MCR's music. I started listening to them when I needed help, so even though their music kinda makes me think of the crap I've gone thru, mostly it makes me stronger & think of the garbage I've overcome. And that just puts a big old smile on my face.
regretting fear.
Killjoy
regretting fear.
March 29th, 2007 at 05:11pm
I can't not listen to any songs, but I am extremely, overwhelmingly attached to Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge. Listening to "Give 'Em Hell, Kid" and "You Know What They do to Guy Like Us in Prison" makes me very nostalgic about my family trip to Panama, and my depression during that school year.

Sometimes I can't take it if I hear a Three Cheers song, but it's rare.

Oh geez.
daniel radcliffe.
In a Bullet's Embrace
daniel radcliffe.
April 8th, 2007 at 11:19pm
Rach; 666:
Disenchanted.

Fuck it makes me sad.

Me Too
Leo
Awake and Unafraid
Leo
April 9th, 2007 at 01:12am
cancer reminds me of my dog and cat they bothed died of cancer Cry

cancer is the poison in this world.....
Fish Camp
Jazz Hands
Fish Camp
April 9th, 2007 at 03:56am
Helena. because of a stupid fight i had in sixth grade with my now ex-best friends. Helena was just playing.
Poison 'n' Kerosene
Salute You in Your Grave
Poison 'n' Kerosene
April 9th, 2007 at 04:01am
Oh, i can't listen to I'm not ok! It's an awesome song but everytime i was listening to it i kept meeting a guy i really didn't want to meet Razz
ain't got no soul.
Salute You in Your Grave
ain't got no soul.
April 9th, 2007 at 04:24am
Man. I can listen to all of the songs, but on 'Cancer' and 'The Desert Song' I almost started crying.

Well, my Great Grandpa had Cancer but he passed from old age... It just makes me look all around me and say "Whoah, one in three people die from this shit." My Great Grandpa died when I was quite young but I still remember him, he was such a good old chap. He always gave us cough drops lol. One time he gave me a freaking permanent marker! Lol hahah. My Uncle Sam also died from Cancer, but I was extremely young.. I remember being told we peeled potatoes together Smile

Secondly, the Desert Song makes me get really depressed because a couple weeks ago my Great Grandma passed, the line "I can see you awake, anytime in my head" Kills me. You know, I was so blind to the fact that she was frail and old, I didn't realise that one day someone can just go. My mom phoned me and I could tell she was crying, so I was all worried. I had to phone my sister and pass the message on. After that I just broke down, I fucking hated the fact I didn't get to say bye, at the time I had a cold and I still do. The last time I saw her was when she was in her coffin. Her hands were cold and hard but she looked at peace. But as Gee said, "Death can come to you through your fondest memories, a black sedan, a parade, etc." I think that it was not a memory that came for her, but her love. I think that she just got tired and my Great Grandpa took her hand. Whenever I hear that song it gives me time to think back about the memories we shared. I talked to my mom about it and I guess she was there when Great Grandma passed, you know, in the same room.. Yeah, I'm not expecting sympathy and I most likely wouldn't of gotten it in the first place, I just had to get that off of my chest. Its amazing how music can heal you. I think I'm over it but sometimes when someone just mentions it out of the blue I tend to get down...

But I'm also not blind to the fact that death is a part of life. Luckily, through MCR, I've learned to accept it and in a way, embrace it; not saying I want to die. I'm just saying that I hate how people cower away from it and think its some type of monster... It's not, its a part of life and sooner or later we will all pass, if I had not of realized this before I would have undoubtedly had trouble coping. But they had it coming I guess.

Uhm. Well, I'm kind of tearing up now so I'll move on...

All of the MCR songs make me reflect on life and look back, they most importantly help me deal with depression and make me want to carry on, they make me stronger. I don't know why, but 'Headfirst for Halos' makes me think of my childhood, you know, dancing my life away. It made me think of all of the fun times and somehow, my 'crushes'. 'I Don't Love You' severely depresses me because it makes me think of someone whom I loved. They did not really notice me and the whole time I tried to act nice to them, but they'd be immature to have a civilized conversation with me so eventually I gave up and acted immature to them.. It also reminds me of a man I love so dearly, we are friends but I cannot have him for obvious reason, it breaks my heart. 'Give Em Hell Kid' kind of makes me reflect on the times when I was an ass or was acting out of line, mostly causing trouble, and it reminds me of punching a guy, I loved that.

I'm Stopping Now. I could go on and on. Now I'm sad. Bleh. Sorry for teh EMO'ness.
Cap'n Scumbag.
Shotgun Sinner
Cap'n Scumbag.
April 9th, 2007 at 04:49am

Cancer.
I can listen to it but theres a big chance I will cry.
And all for a fictional character.
And Ghost of You because both my grandfathers are gone.

BloodWay
Fabulous Killjoy
BloodWay
April 9th, 2007 at 05:21am
I don't love you. Cause' it bring my memory back, My friend that I HAD hidden love never say goodbye to me when I change school.
And he will never see my face again. If we meet again in near future, I'll just forget him.
Cancer too, Cause' my Grandpa died from cancer. worst thing ever.
ain't got no soul.
Salute You in Your Grave
ain't got no soul.
April 9th, 2007 at 11:06pm
Holy Fucking Fuckhole..

I haven't had the chance to listen to Disenchanted, I am literally bawling my eyes out.. Holy Fuck... This song is FUCKING SAD... Its somehow gives me a flashback of my life and makes me think about my friends..

*Bawls Eyes Out*
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
April 10th, 2007 at 12:53am

The beginning Disenchanted, it brings up bad memories of a bad friendship. Cry
But I try block it out, I love listening to it.
hopelesshearts
Jazz Hands
hopelesshearts
April 10th, 2007 at 12:59am
I feel so stupid getting depressed over the tiniest things when I listen to every song
shelby;disenchanted
Bleeding on the Floor
shelby;disenchanted
April 10th, 2007 at 02:26am
Cancer
Because I have lost so many family
members due to that damn disease.
It reminds me of all the shit they had
to go through and all the pain I went
through watching them die

I dont love you
because me and the love of my life