Don't have an account? Create one!

Can you Not Listen To An MCR Song Because It Brings Back Memories?

AuthorMessage
FAKE
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FAKE
June 7th, 2007 at 03:38pm
x.OurLadyOfSorrows.x:
aww. Sorry about that sweetly numb. Sad

well i have problems listening to Cancer, because that disease has claimed many ppl that i love, and other ppl are getting it now Sad . At the concert i cried soooo hard to that song Sad everyone was looking at me funny =S

Its okay im too caught up in memories!
I see loads of people crying in gigs when cancer somes on and like people are so still .
Brand New.
Demolition Lover
Brand New.
June 7th, 2007 at 04:35pm
Yeah. i felt rlly stupid at trhat concert crying to cancer. i seriosuly fell to my knees crying. It rlly hurt Sad that song rlly hurts because one of my friends has cancer, and its rlly bad, and shes just a kid. Saame with alot of other ppl i care about (family and stuff). So i can't listen to cancer.

Well i hope things turn better for you Sweetly numb!! I can't imagine what it must be like to be you rite now Sad
Silverstein
Bleeding on the Floor
Silverstein
June 7th, 2007 at 04:48pm
Cancer brings back memories of my dad.
Alexi Laiho.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexi Laiho.
June 7th, 2007 at 06:19pm
Cancer is seriously the worst song I can listen to,

One day as we were riding back from my grandma's house my dad told me and

my brother to listen so i paused my i-pod and my dad told me my grandma had

cancer and i started to cry and when i turned my i-pod back on the song cancer

started to play like right away it was soo sad i seriously felt as if i had ran into

a brick wall or something it was horrible ! and at the my chem concert i was

crying so hard at the song cancer and i know ppls were looking at me funny

but i dont give a shit k they dont know wat the hell happened.

but my grandma's okay now, im just really worried still ! but i can listen to

cancer sometimes, its a start !
Stolen Baby On Board
Banned
Stolen Baby On Board
June 7th, 2007 at 07:02pm
I didn't cry when I heard Cancer when they played a show in my town. Partly because ppl were singing too loud for me to hear Gerard, but I thought of her. They ended with Helena and I sang my fucking heart out for my grandma. By the end of the show, I couldn't talk.
Sunny
Killjoy
Sunny
June 7th, 2007 at 07:44pm
i know it sounds really lame but i cried during disenchanted at one of their shows
it was so beautiful
ray on guitar, then gerard's voice
i just couldnt help it
that song has gotten me through so much so to hear it live was really special

so sometimes i get a little emotional when i hear it now
Patrick Martin Stump
Motor Baby
Patrick Martin Stump
January 9th, 2008 at 09:22pm
[I wish... No my last relationship was really bad and i got abused and so i left him... After that i sent him the song "I Don't Love You" and i have a hard time listening to it. I can't listen to Cancer because it reminds me of my friend Sam. He is in the phych ward because the Chemo they used (Leuckmia(sp?) made him crazy as hell. I have a hard time listening to "Helena" Because my Great Grandma Great died and that song was to her. and Sleep reminds me of when i was on pills and was halucinating that my pic of Jesus was alive and telling me to commit suicide so ya... to much DRAMA for a 15 yr. old grl]

Fuck, you are so brave. I wouldn't be able to deal with all that shit. I totally respect you. Clap

And so this isn't spam, I find it hard listening to Cancer, because it just breaks my heart each time. Mama reminds me of my very first therapy session last year, and I can remember having a massive obsession with this particular song. That was a really bad time for me, and things still haven't really improved much. But I can still listen to Mama...I even got my best friend hooked and he's not really the MCR type. Laughing
Sid
Salute You in Your Grave
Sid
January 9th, 2008 at 09:31pm
Cancer because he's dying from it. The lyrics are his life story. Sometimes I wish it'd just hurry up and finish him off. Seeing him suffer is the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
January 11th, 2008 at 07:04am
Disenchanted brings back a lot of memories, good and bad. I still love listening to it.

I work with Wish kids, so a lot of times if I'm listening to Cancer, I'll think of some of them who have passed. It's good because where we are we have them during their Wish, so they are always happy, so it's easy to remember them smiling.
mental_scottish_lass
Joining The Black Parade
mental_scottish_lass
January 11th, 2008 at 12:44pm
Really depends on my mood. i can listen to Cancer if im in okay humour if im in a deep mood i just wanna yell
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
January 11th, 2008 at 03:33pm
cancer because my uncle passed away of cancer two years ago
helena because my great grandmother died five years ago
i still listen to them regardless.
Murderscene.
Fabulous Killjoy
Murderscene.
January 12th, 2008 at 05:35am
i can't really listen to Demoliton Lovers.
it makes me cry every single effing time.
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
January 12th, 2008 at 03:33pm
I couldn't listen to Famous Last Words for a while because it reminded me of when I played it for my trombone teacher and he compared it to Journey in a sneaky way of saying MCR is an untalented yet popular band that won't be remembered in 30 years, which is his opinion of Journey. (Actually, if you listen to Journey, it's a bit like Famous Last Words, only sappier.) So therefore, whenever I listened to it, I would just hear his criticism in the back of my mind.

I couldn't listen to it until that song helped me overcome being dumped and its now one of my anthems.
Glitterlust
Salute You in Your Grave
Glitterlust
January 12th, 2008 at 06:07pm
most of their songs bring back really happy memories.
but after seeing them play it at the 02 in November, desert song makes me cry, i very rarely listen to it because it reminds me that i won't see them live again for ages, i just get really tearful when i do.
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
January 12th, 2008 at 08:02pm
I can listen to it,but Cancer brings back some memories sometimes that are like slaps in the face.
bullets are hailing.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
bullets are hailing.
January 13th, 2008 at 01:43am
Cubicles- i can listen to it but It brings memories of when I liked someone that didn't even know it. Crying or Very sad
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
January 16th, 2008 at 08:57am
cancer.
my nan died from cancer, and we were fairly close. ive also had 2 close family friends die of it. it just makes me so upset. i think of them, and i think of the last times i saw my nan....and it breaks my heart. i miss her so much, and the song... she was like that. it just upsets me.

i broke down in the mosh pit when they played it. i couldnt stop crying. there was this girl next to me who just ut her arm around me and pulled me close. if you happen to read this, and you think that was you, thanks =]
xHARDC0RE-CHARLiE
Fabulous Killjoy
xHARDC0RE-CHARLiE
January 16th, 2008 at 09:28am
I don't have any bad memories.
But i cry to a lot of songs anyway, because they remind me of how beautiful my spring/summer were, when i got to see my chem twice.
xHARDC0RE-CHARLiE
Fabulous Killjoy
xHARDC0RE-CHARLiE
January 16th, 2008 at 09:30am
by the way, just reading your stories almost made me shed a tear.
Citizen Erased.
Salute You in Your Grave
Citizen Erased.
January 16th, 2008 at 09:42am
I have a hard time listening to "I Don't Love You" because it reminds me of my ex, who I really, really, liked a lot..... Sad