Don't have an account? Create one!

What Do People Think Of MCR at your School?

AuthorMessage
Bleeding Dry
Bleeding on the Floor
Bleeding Dry
September 1st, 2007 at 05:38pm
Most of them at my school are chavs and hate them, but still have Teenagers on their phone. Then all the girls are teenies and just think Gerard is fit. I only know four people that seriously like them! (including me)
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
September 1st, 2007 at 06:21pm
ishowidisappear:
Well...there's one other die hard fan in the grade above me. And one of my friends listens to Cancer and Dead! That's pretty much it...everyone else just yells "ewwww emos!!!" and runs off listening to Justin Timberlake and whatnot. Pretty grim statistics I know.

Why Cancer and Dead!? Usually if someone only likes two songs, they're singles.
Miss Nimrod
Jazz Hands
Miss Nimrod
September 1st, 2007 at 06:42pm
Mostly "emo"
But like my best guy mate says: "You know who you are and so do the people you care about, so why bother about what the rest think of you?"
michellehail
Thinking Happy Thoughts
michellehail
September 1st, 2007 at 06:50pm
Eek. The day i got into secondary school, i heard MCR on the radio and i checked them out and really got into them. And i'm a MCR psychopath right now. I talk about them way too much. In my Essays, debate, whatnot.

I couldn' t help but got my whole class into MCR. (: I'm happy with myself.
I had this project recently, and i had this idea of playing music in class to help the students de-stress(subjects can be really fucked up at times)
And this friend of mine, a really big fan of MCR had me play the black parade, and i was so happy that the whole class was singing along!!

But then, during a literature lesson last week, my lit teacher was talking about poetry and introduced a song by the rolling stones, and he said there were diff genres of music and he said,
Teacher: There's this EMO band called My Chemical Romance, i'm not kidding, they put fake eyelashes!
And then i get all... crazy and i told him they weren't emo and went on this rant, telling him that if he actually listened to the song he'd see that they were uplifting lyrics.
LOL, than he had to apologize to me and he told me he realised i was a real big fan, and started bringing up something about poetry again. GAWD.

AND I DIDN'T GET DETENTION! WOO!
Even if some dude calls MCR emo, i'll probably just shout at him and stuff. I love to talk back. (:
WOO! I AM THE HAPPY PSYCHOPATH!
-does a happy dance-
I AM DONE!!
calculated sacrifice
Shotgun Sinner
calculated sacrifice
September 10th, 2007 at 06:37am
some kids like em
Our science and math teacher listen to rock. XD \m/
some kids just go... ew.

technically its morally wrong to listen to MCR in our school since were Opus Dei... so ... not really sure
CarcinogenCrush
Jazz Hands
CarcinogenCrush
September 10th, 2007 at 10:02pm
I'm homeschooled...Wink
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
September 10th, 2007 at 10:09pm
Well, they're all cool about it I suppose x]
But sometimes you get the odd retard taking the piss or something.
Like today, this girl was having her lunch and her lunchbox was covered in pictures of MCR and Gerard, I thought it was kinda cool. My friend Natalie saw it and dived for her [She LOVES mcr]
This chick Alicia saw and was all like "Oh my god!! Look its Gerard Way on a fucking LUNCHBOX!! OH MY GOD HES LIKE SO NOT HOT blehhh! You all wanna bum him and have his babiesssss!!!" (Whilst jumping)
It made me laugh, but.. it was uncalled for.
Flat_Lined
Joining The Black Parade
Flat_Lined
September 10th, 2007 at 10:24pm
I think there are about five people in my school who like MCR, but I know none of them are quite as into them as me because you couldn't force me to miss even one of their concerts but it seems only one of them has gone to a MCR concert in a long time, even though a few have come around. Everyone else in my school thinks that they're super emo and can't stand them. Most conversations I've had/eavesdropped on go something like this:

"OMG My Chemical Romance is like the most emo band EVAH! Seriously like anyone who listens to them is emo and probably is going to kill themselves."
And after i told a friend that I love them she says:
"Oh *quiets, looks around awkwardly for a moment* I think they need a hug."

Gah, oh well. Although recently I heard some people grudgingly admitting that SOME of their music is OK and that they MIGHT listen to them OCCASIONALLY, which I suppose is at least some progress Very Happy
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
September 10th, 2007 at 11:27pm
there's this girl in my class who i don't get along with likes My Chemical Romance... then there's this weird guy who like's them okay... then my Language Arts teacher really likes My Chemical Romance... and since he has a playlist on his computer, during tests, sometimes MCR songs start playing... which is AWESOME!!! de ja vu... wow... that happened a year ago, like, in my dream that i was typing that!! sorry... back to what i was saying....... but the reason he found My Chem is because his daughter really likes them.

then i still have the pass to get into the pit for Projekt Revolution on my wrist and people ask me where I got it from... except it says VIP and people think i met them... oh well.

but mostly everyone knows who they are. no one really disses them or anything, which is awesome.
Oxyrt
Killjoy
Oxyrt
September 10th, 2007 at 11:57pm
People MCR-wised are catorgorized as such at my (private) school:

1. MCR is an obsession (one other person besides me, who is also on this forum)
2. MCR is okay, they like a couple of songs.
3. "MCR? What? Who?"
4. MCR SUX!
5. "MCR is full of fags. Gerard Way is gay, he likes penis up his ass hole." (a direct quote from a girl who is a TOTAL douche. I told her to fuck off.)
Edward Masen.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Edward Masen.
October 3rd, 2007 at 10:58pm
The other day a girl in my class had an MCR hoodie on and seriously, some of the things people asked her.
"Why have you turned all freaky and wanna kill yourself now?"
I felt really sorry for her cause shes quite shy. She totally doesnt fit into the 'emo' stereotype so I guess this was why people noticed so much.

Also, my friend who dresses quite gothy, was getting ready for our school pictures and some chavs came into the room where we were, and they were like.. " how pale is your skin!? have you got to have it like that cause its your religion (meaning goth), or cause your copying them retards on tv what put pale makeup on to look dead?"
Grr.
xXIero.ticXx
Thinking Happy Thoughts
xXIero.ticXx
October 4th, 2007 at 12:49am
"MCR? Who?"

"Those dudes look scary!"

"Blech!"

"They're a bunch of gay emo freaks!"

"Uh....ok...."

"How can you listen to that?"

"They're UGLY!"

"Didn't they write that one song...um..'carry on' or whatever with all the dead people?"

"Why do you listen to goth music?"

"ew..."

"is that why you look so emo all the time? eyeliner and stuff?"

"are you like, emo or something?"

ah....the joys of being born and raised in Texas. [/sarcasm]

on the bright side, out of a school of like, 2,000 kids....about 5 listen to MCR! yaaaaaaayyyyy!!!! [/sarcasm again]
Funky Crime
Bleeding on the Floor
Funky Crime
October 4th, 2007 at 01:10am
The only people that I know of that listen to MCR are me, Yuri, and Hollie.
Other than that, everyone pretty much thinks they're emo.
Or goth, which is becoming pretty popular. But the number one thing kids say about them at my school is that they're emo, or gay.
xGerardifiedx
Killjoy
xGerardifiedx
October 12th, 2007 at 09:15pm
only one other person likes them, everybody else hates them and they call me emo and goth everyday.
lessthanthree.
Always Born a Crime
lessthanthree.
October 12th, 2007 at 10:02pm
One day I was talking to this boy about the song "The Great Escape" by Boys Like Girls, then somehow the subject was changed to how much I loved MCR. Then he said "I don't like that band, I've never heard any of their songs." Then I said "I hate you" to him, but he already knew that, we've hated each other for 6 years.
for reasons unknown
Awake and Unafraid
for reasons unknown
October 13th, 2007 at 01:44am
It's pure hatred at my school. Except almost everybody likes Teenagers, which obviously isn't liking the band.
for reasons unknown
Awake and Unafraid
for reasons unknown
October 13th, 2007 at 01:50am

Kid named Frankie: Don't you love Chemical Romance!
Me: Who's "Chemical Romance?"
F: That band you like!
Me: I know a band called Chemical Romance.
F: Stop lying! Your wearing their shirt!
Me: No, i'm wearing a My Chemical Romance shirt.
F: That's what I said!
Me: Not that I recall.
F: Ye-
Me: Frankie.
F: But I-
Me: Frankie.
F: That's wha-
Me: FRANKIE!!
F: What?!
Me: You smell like old french fries, take a shower.
dark desire.
Salute You in Your Grave
dark desire.
October 13th, 2007 at 02:16am
writerGrrl:
ishowidisappear:
Well...there's one other die hard fan in the grade above me. And one of my friends listens to Cancer and Dead! That's pretty much it...everyone else just yells "ewwww emos!!!" and runs off listening to Justin Timberlake and whatnot. Pretty grim statistics I know.

Why Cancer and Dead!? Usually if someone only likes two songs, they're singles.

Because she came over to my house one day and those two songs happened to come on and she liked them. She can't stand any of the singles.
the sharpest lives.
Shotgun Sinner
the sharpest lives.
October 13th, 2007 at 07:22pm
The majority of people at my school hate MCR.
They think they are "emo fags"
Everyones into rap.
tattooed lovers.
Motor Baby
tattooed lovers.
October 13th, 2007 at 10:31pm
Most people hate them, some people don't know who they are. Some like them but only heard The Black Parade or a few of their singles.
One kid saw my t-shirt and said, "My Chemical Romance.. I hope that's a band." I was like WTFrank?! Of course it's a band.
I'm the only hardcore fan in my school. I'm sure I'm the only one who has all of their albums, too.