Don't have an account? Create one!

11/17/2007 - Belfast, ND - Kings Hall.

AuthorMessage
Mortally Wounded
Killjoy
Mortally Wounded
November 16th, 2007 at 08:43pm
Mrs.Halloween:
my mum phoned KH earlier this week. it didn't really do any good, though the woman at the desk told her you can bring cameras as long as they don't take videos.
but srsly: who has a camera these days that doesn't take videos!?!
i need mine anyways, for all my group shots, and for photographing street teaming!
so i'll just...shove it down my trousers or something before i get searched.

has anyone here actually been the the kings hall for a show before????
pleassssssse tell me, if you have, cause i'd really love some advice from someone who's actually been there before.

it's tomorrow.
i am so fucking nervous.

I've been to the balmoral hall too see Machine Head...
It's on the same premises as the KH, its just smaller,

If I can, I'd be more than happy to tell you anything you need to know
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
November 16th, 2007 at 08:52pm
^bah, thank you!
so, first off, is the kings hall at the side of a road, or is it in like, big grounds [like the rds?...have you been to the rds?]
as in, would you queue along a footpath/beside the venue or in a car park or something?
and is it easy to get to the back of the place?
what's the security like there? are they strict, do you NEED ID for proof of age?
what're they like with searching your bags for cameras/bottles, etc? and if you do get searched, do they search you whenever you join the queue, or just when you show them your ticket, to get in, when the doors open?
and for the balmoral hall [even though i know it'll be different] was it split up, into like, two parts, and you had to have a wrist band [and be there early enough to get a wrist band] to queue in the first part?
you know what i mean?

sorry i have so many questions!!
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
November 16th, 2007 at 09:15pm
okay, I'll TRY to be the voice of reason with all this even though I'm severely into the hysteria spectrum of my suspected bipolar right now.

I went to the KH for a show.
BOYZONE TO BE FUCKING EXACT!
[I loved it so don't slag.]
I don't think it's split into pits.
but there's upper seating.

and that's GOOD if they allow camera's in because then we won't have to fucking queue up for them after like in Dublin [eyeroll]

and it should be eventsec security because I think they do all of the Belfast shows....and they're alright.
I was totally smashed out of my tree for Muse last year and got searched and they didn't take anything...apart from maybe my water bottle....I can't remember....

24 HOURS AND A BIT UNTIL MSI ARE ON
billy gaga.
Salute You in Your Grave
billy gaga.
November 16th, 2007 at 09:53pm
im flying down from Glasgow, so I'll be at the KH about.. i dunno, opening time I think. [:

I really wanna get a pick, or set list of something, a wee reminder of the gig. I hope I get something after all that travelling Razz

I can't wait after London last night ;D
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
November 16th, 2007 at 09:59pm
Nat,, King's Hall is near the Boucher Retail Park if you know where that is.
Otherwise I've no ieda how to describe where it is coz it's not near anything.
Oh except Musgrave Hospital (ewwww.... hospitals).

Yay for being allowed cameras!!!
Mortally Wounded
Killjoy
Mortally Wounded
November 16th, 2007 at 10:09pm
Mrs.Halloween:
^bah, thank you!
so, first off, is the kings hall at the side of a road, or is it in like, big grounds [like the rds?...have you been to the rds?]
as in, would you queue along a footpath/beside the venue or in a car park or something?
and is it easy to get to the back of the place?
what's the security like there? are they strict, do you NEED ID for proof of age?
what're they like with searching your bags for cameras/bottles, etc? and if you do get searched, do they search you whenever you join the queue, or just when you show them your ticket, to get in, when the doors open?
and for the balmoral hall [even though i know it'll be different] was it split up, into like, two parts, and you had to have a wrist band [and be there early enough to get a wrist band] to queue in the first part?
you know what i mean?

sorry i have so many questions!!

I haven't been to the rds, but the KH is in front of the road, YOU CANNOT MISS IT!!!
lol
I dunno, about getting to the back, my friend said he thinks it might be hard, but he's not sure.
You would queue around the venue/car park... or at least I did for MH
I thought the sercurity were pretty dead on, they did frisk you (ie grope to the max, lol) and the chick asked me, to empty my pockets.
I'm small for my age, (5"2 and I'm 16) and MH was over 16 and they didn't ask for ID.
They seperated Guys/Chicks and they had a few security guards of each frisking/searching, they dumped bottle caps so bring an extra,
and I just showed them my ticket.

Did I miss any of the questions?

I hope I helped but the thing is the MH gig was probably a lot smaller, the balmoral hall is pretty intimate, so I don't think the crowd was particularly huge.
So there's a chance it may be treated lot differently, if you know what I mean ?
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
November 16th, 2007 at 10:15pm
hey! I work in a hospital!
LOOKY WHAT MSI JUST POSTED AS THEIR MOOD! I just got heaps psyched!
my mouse is retarded and I have bad nerves so the outline is pure SHITE but you get the point XD

and now I must leave to shower and wash my hair and all that jazz before tomorrow!
see you all there hopefully!
billy gaga.
Salute You in Your Grave
billy gaga.
November 16th, 2007 at 10:37pm
I CANNAE WAIT!
desert song plz?
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
November 16th, 2007 at 10:45pm
Anything off Bullets please, and I'll be so happy...

Seriously can't wait!
Search and Destroy
Search and Destroy
November 16th, 2007 at 10:48pm
I thought it was gonna be amazing them playing 1 or 2 songs off bullets but desert song as well *dies*!!

Can't wait til tomorrow Dance
wei-rdo
Killjoy
wei-rdo
November 16th, 2007 at 11:07pm
so are we allowed bring cameras with us?? and if there is a video thing on it will it be taken off us and any1 got tour merchandise prices??
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
November 16th, 2007 at 11:29pm
The Rumor.:
Merch:

Hoodies are £30.
T-shirts are £15 for plain, £16 for skinny and £20 for the polo shirt.
Arm Bands are £10.
Baseball caps are £12.

^ Tour merch prices.

I dunno.... I doubt they're gonna check to see whether it takes videos or not, so you should be grand.
I think....
Oh well, I'm bringing my camera anyways.
wei-rdo
Killjoy
wei-rdo
November 16th, 2007 at 11:45pm
if they take it off us will we get it back and will they touch (soz for the graphicness) your tits? while checking u going in??
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
November 16th, 2007 at 11:48pm
No idea.
...Now I'm panicing a bit.....
They shouldn't touch your tits coz that's like sexual assault isn't it? They could get sued for it.
And they'd have to give you the camera back. I know the RDS did at least.
wei-rdo
Killjoy
wei-rdo
November 16th, 2007 at 11:50pm
ok thankies soz for being a pain now i am thinkin maybe if i put my battery of my camera down my top and leave the camera in my bag and ill say "i left the battery at home" WAHEY i thought of something hehe toodles have a good time 2moro Smile everybody xxxx
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
November 16th, 2007 at 11:52pm
Haha good plan!

TOMORROW PEOPLE!
*excited beyond belief*
See you all there Very Happy
Petzie
Killjoy
Petzie
November 17th, 2007 at 12:46am
Ooo I'm so nervous about tomorrow lol.
I can't get there until after 2 until my mum gets home from work, so im getting my friend whos coming down in the wee small hours to save me a space, but i don't know how well that's going to go down with other people queueing, im sooo worried >< lol.

and I dunno if I should bring a bag or my phone or what... and I'll probably need to go to the loo during the concert and lose my place... x[ haha.
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
November 17th, 2007 at 12:49am
I won't be down until way after that XD

I've just remembered something. My friend Kerri texted me earlier today saying people were setting up camp outside the King's Hall already!

I'm scared that I won't get close enough to the front now heheh.

And welcome to INO Petzie Bye
Petzie
Killjoy
Petzie
November 17th, 2007 at 01:04am
Vince Noir:
I won't be down until way after that XD

I've just remembered something. My friend Kerri texted me earlier today saying people were setting up camp outside the King's Hall already!

I'm scared that I won't get close enough to the front now heheh.

And welcome to INO Petzie Bye

Haha thanks x]
I've never even been to the Kings Hall before D: -worried-
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
November 17th, 2007 at 06:48am
thanks for everyone who helped answer my questions =D.
man, i an so excited!
i need to go get ready, and get the bus in about an hour x).
see you all there Very Happy!!!