Don't have an account? Create one!

11/17/2007 - Belfast, ND - Kings Hall.

AuthorMessage
XGiddyAsAGangBangerX
Killjoy
XGiddyAsAGangBangerX
August 6th, 2007 at 05:19am
im going from kerry...will be difficult!=P its my third time seeing them this year,saw them in april at the rds,oxegen in july(squashed up against the barriers,it was AMAZING!!)...and saw them at warped tour 2005 and november at the ambassador 2006!!wooh!im hooked on em,LOL!!xo
ally_mull
Killjoy
ally_mull
August 6th, 2007 at 04:37pm
ahhhh!!! belfast is too far away from me!!!!!!!!
cant go!!! im so ragin!!!!!
come back to dublin!!!!!!!!!
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
August 6th, 2007 at 09:18pm
Mrs.Halloween:
yeah, belfast international is way out in the country, outside of the city. i'm sure there's airporter buses that go from there to the center of belfast though.
i cannot believe they're playing belfast.
actually cannot believe it. king's hall is an hour away from me!! and it's such a small venue! it has to be the smallest on this UK tour.
i reserved my tickets with that wonderland promotion website too so hopefully i actually do have them and they'll send them out soon.
third time seeing them- bring on november!

Exactly how many does the King's Hall hold?
My mother says it holds more than the Oddysey, but she's not sure exactly how many more and I was convinced the Oddysey was huge.
The tickets could be a few days late out coz of the postal strikes at the minute....

And I think there's a bus that runs from the International airport to City Centre...
You guys could try the Translink website to check buses and trains. (The King's Hall is at the Balmoral stop on both.)
ilovemikeyway69
Killjoy
ilovemikeyway69
August 6th, 2007 at 10:36pm
Does any1 know who is supporting them??
wei-rdo
Killjoy
wei-rdo
August 7th, 2007 at 12:35am
ally_mull:
ahhhh!!! belfast is too far away from me!!!!!!!!
cant go!!! im so ragin!!!!!
come back to dublin!!!!!!!!!

there was no available venues for november thats why i am going to belfast cause i told my parents it will prob be the lsat show 4 a while but i will be a little fucked if they come to dublin next year hehe and i'm travelling from kildare and staying the night
wei-rdo
Killjoy
wei-rdo
August 7th, 2007 at 12:36am
ilovemikeyway69:
Does any1 know who is supporting them??

no sorry...i saw shomewhere but can't remember where.....
ilovemikeyway69
Killjoy
ilovemikeyway69
August 7th, 2007 at 04:05pm
Yeh it also my first time using wonderland and im kinda scared about the allocatin tickets..and i dont know wen ill get my tickets..

Ive been told that the kings hall is pretty smallish..so shud be fun!!!!
ilovemikeyway69
Killjoy
ilovemikeyway69
August 7th, 2007 at 04:15pm
GasolineRainbow:
YAHHHH

Got my tickets!!!!!

Took me ages on damn ticketmaster to get them.

First time seeing them since i wasn't allowed to thee dublin gig/ oxegen.

I think kings hall is actually small though. It felt small when i was in it. Very Happy

WHO CARES!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Roll on 17th November.

I'm coming from Donegal to see them .THat's love. Wink

Heey im from donegal aswell..
what part you from??
ginaaaa
Killjoy
ginaaaa
August 7th, 2007 at 07:54pm
hey! woo i just got my ticket too haha. exciting stuff!
yeah i'm commin from liverpool on my own (scary stuff) to see them n i'm flying into belfast int. airport then getting the airport express 300 into belfast, they are every 20 - 30 mins on weekends.
so who is standing???
ginaaaa
Killjoy
ginaaaa
August 7th, 2007 at 07:54pm
hey! woo i just got my ticket too haha. exciting stuff!
yeah i'm commin from liverpool on my own (scary stuff) to see them n i'm flying into belfast int. airport then getting the airport express 300 into belfast, they are every 20 - 30 mins on weekends.
so who is standing???
ilovemikeyway69
Killjoy
ilovemikeyway69
August 7th, 2007 at 11:29pm
Big_Pants:
I used that wonderland site yesterday I assume they email us to let us know if we got the tickets right? It freaks me out a bit that we've booked tickets but won't know until tomorrow if we have them or not.

Did you get an email confirming that you got your tickets??
Big_Pants
Really Not Okay
Big_Pants
August 8th, 2007 at 12:02am
No I haven't received an email from them. Apparently you get an email if you DIDN'T get the tickets. You can check the status of your order on the website, mine simply says "allocating tickets" so I'm assuming all is well. It had better be as I'm flying from London!
potions master
Killjoy
potions master
August 8th, 2007 at 02:18am
yess twice in one year !
at least i don't have to travel 4 hours this time xD
so happy i got standing. =]
does anyone know how many people the Hall holds? =o
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
August 8th, 2007 at 01:20pm
Severus Snape:
Exactly how many does the King's Hall hold?
My mother says it holds more than the Oddysey, but she's not sure exactly how many more and I was convinced the Oddysey was huge.
The tickets could be a few days late out coz of the postal strikes at the minute....

And I think there's a bus that runs from the International airport to City Centre...
You guys could try the Translink website to check buses and trains. (The King's Hall is at the Balmoral stop on both.)

ohh, no- it is definitely smaller than the oddysesy!! Wink.
i've been on the website and it says it holds 5,000 sitting. now there's balcony seats and then the floor, which usually has seats in sections, will be cleared for standing.
so i assume they'd probably get a few thousand on the floor, maybe 4,000 or so?
which is really not that big at all!
i think the floor will be split into two. for anyone who went to dublin this year, you probably know the shit with wrist bands for getting into the first section [the 'pit'].
me and my friend are going to go to the kings hall some time before november, scout it out to see if there's easy access to the back and then ask at the reception and see if they know whether you get wrist bands to get you into the first half of the floor, or how they'll organise queuing and split people up into the two sections on the night. any information we get before november i'll put on here!

and there's definitely a bus that goes directly from the depo/center of belfast to the road king's hall is on.
last week my sister was looking at the route after we'd found out they were playing there. i'll try and get her to find the page she was looking at and post the url on here. =].
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
August 8th, 2007 at 06:34pm
Mrs.Halloween:
and there's definitely a bus that goes directly from the depo/center of belfast to the road king's hall is on.
last week my sister was looking at the route after we'd found out they were playing there. i'll try and get her to find the page she was looking at and post the url on here. =].

Any bus that goes to Lisburn, Old Warren Estate, Craigavon, Portadown, Newry, Banbridge or Dromore should stop at Balmoral (That's all the ones I know of). Just check whether they leave from the Europa, the Bus Centre or Upper Queen's Street.
You can get the pink Metro bus as well. The one for Conway stops there and I'm almost sure the 9B goes straight to Balmoral.
Trains are every half hour from Central or Great Victoria Street. The voice on the train will tell you to "change here for the King's Hall" anyway.
jumpstartheart
Killjoy
jumpstartheart
August 11th, 2007 at 03:46am
This thread should prove very helpful because im headin up to Belfast from Dublin with 3 friends and im hoping we dont get lost. My friend got me a ticket while i was on holiday in portugal so im very excited! Third time for me too! Does anyone know of any (cheap) places to stay that are near the venue? We're probably going to stayover that night.
Big_Pants
Really Not Okay
Big_Pants
August 11th, 2007 at 10:56am
Ah Wonderland Promotions I heart you! My tickets arrived today so now I can start planning how the hell the hell I'm gonna get there Smile
See you all in November, I'll be the obnoxious Londoner lol.
Donald Trefusis
In The Murder Scene
Donald Trefusis
August 11th, 2007 at 12:25pm
AHHHHHHH I CAN'T WAIT!
Does anyone have pit passes?
I want one -.-
Where do you get them?
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
August 11th, 2007 at 09:58pm
ILYmYcheMicALroMaNcE:
AHHHHHHH I CAN'T WAIT!
Does anyone have pit passes?
I want one -.-
Where do you get them?

In Dublin, you got a wristband to get into the pit when you got there, so maybe they'll do the same thing for Belfast.

jumpstartheart, there's the Balmoral Hotel and the Beechlawns Hotel in Dunmurry (about 15 minutes down the road) and Benedicts, Jury's Inn, Days Hotel and the Europa in Belfast city Centre. I don't know about prices though, sorry. You could try the [url=www.discovernorthernireland.com] Discover NI website [/url] for prices.
I think you might have to get a taxi after the gig because the last buses and trains are at about half ten.
ginaaaa
Killjoy
ginaaaa
August 12th, 2007 at 04:07pm
Yeah i'm staying in the Europa cos it's nxt to the bus centre.