LiNE AND SiNKER;::
xMyBlackDaliahx:
well really i would get pissed too.
cause this is what gerard says
*One: Im not emo,nore do i have an emo band
*Two:I dont promote self harm and Suicide
*Three:I always tell the media the band saves lives not ruin them
and yet after he says this everyone mixes up his words
so gerard has a right to get pissed cause everything he's saying is getting mixed up.
so put yourself in gerards shoes and imagine yourself saying all the good things but when they reach the tv shows, and the interviews those great words are mixed around to make those great words into something there not.

Word.
MarkTruth1991
Jazz Hands
MarkTruth1991
September 25th, 2007 at 02:14pm
I Agree with him, I Was on another forum earlier and got into an arguement with a guy about this. He reckons Gerard is just Emo and denying it is pathetic and stuff, which obviously pissed me off..
DemonLeaf
Bleeding on the Floor
DemonLeaf
September 25th, 2007 at 02:47pm
WOO! Go Gerard!! Very Happy
Miss Nimrod
Jazz Hands
Miss Nimrod
September 25th, 2007 at 05:43pm
I agree with Gee. Although he has a rather harsh way of putting it (and I think he has every right to be harsh - after as many rumours he's had!!) He's hit the nail on the head. If MCR weren't grouped with other "emo" bands I bet they'd have more fans and wouldn't be ridiculed.
The only query I have with this is that the Media twists peoples words. I don't think Gee would say something to deliberately or unintentionally to hurt his fans (I know MCR fans who call themselves "emo"Wink and I think that it may hurt some people.
Shame that one word/stereotype can change so much =[ but still. It's never going to change and maybe Gee's words may help a little.
jessie.
Salute You in Your Grave
jessie.
September 25th, 2007 at 09:12pm
well emo is a pile of shit...tell us something new gerard.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
September 26th, 2007 at 02:06am
EviLsRoMaNcE:
Emo's dead. I don't even know if there was an Emo to begin with. It's just a bunch of kids trying to fit in somewhere and now it's turned into a buzzword that's just overused and it makes absolutely no sense. If [Emo]tional is real, then everyone who's human is Emo. We all have emotions so we're all Emo. That basically gives the word absolutely no meaning whatsoever. It's a pile of shit, as Gerard said. People just need to grow a freaking brain.
Emo isn't dead, and that's not what emo is.

Circle Takes the Square. Prime example of an emo band in today's world.
ain't got no soul.
Salute You in Your Grave
ain't got no soul.
September 26th, 2007 at 05:47am
Don't kill me but.. What is EMO, exactly?

That word is so overused people don't even know what it means anymore. Is it just a music genre?
art star.
Demolition Lover
art star.
September 26th, 2007 at 10:44am
The Headhumper.:

That word is so overused people don't even know what it means anymore.

exactly.
pumpkinpiemuthafucka
Bleeding on the Floor
pumpkinpiemuthafucka
September 26th, 2007 at 02:09pm
I think if you have black hair and wear vans and stuff,people automatically call you Emo!!
Oh yes and if your fringe is even an inch longer than your eyeline too!!!!!

You are who you are-whatever style you have,i think being an individual is good...i certainly don`t act/dress the way most women of my age do....let them be boring and "of the norm" and you just be yourself-fuck what anyone thinks.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
September 26th, 2007 at 09:50pm
Gerard McCracken.:
Emo doesn't mean emotional. It means emotional hardcore. Emo does not describe a person, nor does it describe the way someone acts or dresses (cutting, sidebang hair, etc...).
Gerard McCracken.:
Emo is actually a genre of music.

Circle Takes the Square, Rites Of Spring, and Fugazi are all examples.
Problematique
Bleeding on the Floor
Problematique
September 26th, 2007 at 10:39pm
I know all that, but some people can even call trees emo these days -____-
ain't got no soul.
Salute You in Your Grave
ain't got no soul.
September 27th, 2007 at 05:56am
Thank You!

As I said before, the word is so overused no one knows what it means anymore (i don't use the word, I didn't know what it meant before...)

For example, some chick keeps on asking me if I'm 'EMO' and always calls MCR wrist slitting pansies.

Fucking pisses me off. But yeah. Music Genre/Emotional Hardcore.. Got it.
androidgirl
Motor Baby
androidgirl
September 27th, 2007 at 06:19am
i kinda agree to the fact that alot of emo bands just sound the same!!!
theyre all shit anyways
Susanna
Killjoy
Susanna
September 27th, 2007 at 06:12pm
That what Gerard said was... impolite. I didn't like it. The way Gerard expressed himself was impolite.
I got it, that Gerard do not like EMO but he should express himselh other way.

So I still love Gerard muchmuchmuchmuch but I don't agree, that 'emo is a pile of sh*t'
Blue_Demon
Motor Baby
Blue_Demon
September 27th, 2007 at 08:14pm
Emotional hardcore.... Can someone please define that a bit more? I find that the song 'Cancer' is an emotional song, but can that one song be placed into that genre?
MCR are rock. End of. I really don't think Gerard is doing any favours by getting himself wound up over these comments people make about his music. He has the right to be pissed off, but at the end of the day he can tell hundreds of newspapers/magizines ect, and the band will still be called emo.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
September 27th, 2007 at 08:59pm
Blue_Demon:
Emotional hardcore.... Can someone please define that a bit more? I find that the song 'Cancer' is an emotional song, but can that one song be placed into that genre?
MCR are rock. End of. I really don't think Gerard is doing any favours by getting himself wound up over these comments people make about his music. He has the right to be pissed off, but at the end of the day he can tell hundreds of newspapers/magizines ect, and the band will still be called emo.
No. MCR in anyway shape or form is not emo, and never will be.

If you go listen to a song by the bands I said, you'll see what it is.

This explains it more

Yes, it says a few little MCR suck things on there, but it's a really good site.
death_comes_ripping
Motor Baby
death_comes_ripping
September 28th, 2007 at 03:07am
UGH!last year in the 6th grade i got called emo just becuz i wore black almost everyday!and i didnt know what emo meant so i wrote it on my arm.and thats how it all started
death_comes_ripping
Motor Baby
death_comes_ripping
September 28th, 2007 at 03:07am
but i agree wit gerard 100%
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
September 28th, 2007 at 03:23pm
Lord Corganmort.:
Wow that site should clear things up ALOT; thanks Lyc! So there you go, guys - most of us are NOT emo, and most of the folks who say we are are ignorant sluts.
mirarle
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mirarle
October 1st, 2007 at 08:50am
Emo most people know today is the bastardized definition. It is pure bull. I'm not surprised at Gerard. Go him.