Don't have an account? Create one!

Teenage marriage/engagement

AuthorMessage
Sexy Mama
Banned
Sexy Mama
April 14th, 2010 at 02:07pm
i think personally its the persons choice. its thier lives not anyone elses. in the end they will do what the want.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
April 14th, 2010 at 03:04pm
Sexy Mama:
i think personally its the persons choice. its thier lives not anyone elses. in the end they will do what the want.
Yes, and a good majority of the time people regret their decisions. Not all of the time, but a lot wished they waited a bit before getting hitched and pregnant. What the person decides may not necessarily be the "right thing" (I use "right thing" loosely, I can't put into words how I mean it) to do for their age and maturity level.
fire at will.
Damned After All
fire at will.
April 15th, 2010 at 05:48pm
my younger sister is 16 and has a one year old little girl.
she is also engaged to her boyfriend, who is her daughter's father.
there are some teengers who can seem to pull having a child and being engaged off without a hitch.
and i praise them for that, especially my little sister. she used to be irresponsible and a partier.
but ever since Aubreigh was born, she has changed and turned her life around.
she's getting straight As, she has a nice paying job and she's happy.
i don't know of a lot of teenagers who can say the same thing.

i, for one, wouldn't have been able to handle it. if i honestly can barely take care of myself right now financially, how would i be able to take care of a child?

Sexy Mama
Banned
Sexy Mama
April 27th, 2010 at 12:51pm
its personally their choice and their mental state
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
April 27th, 2010 at 10:03pm
Sexy Mama:
its personally their choice and their mental state
you've said this multiple times already. we get this, please contribute more.
Sexy Mama
Banned
Sexy Mama
April 28th, 2010 at 02:06pm
k
Search and Destroy
Search and Destroy
April 28th, 2010 at 04:31pm
Sexy Mama:
k
As your post does not in any way contribute to the discussion it is spam!

If you are going to take the time to post in the discussion forums about issues which seem to be important to you at least put a bit of thought and effort into your post otherwise don't bother posting in this sub-forum.

This is not up for discussion - read it (and the rules), take them in and then actually think before you post.

thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
April 28th, 2010 at 04:33pm
Next strike, you're out.
rachely476
Killjoy
rachely476
November 2nd, 2010 at 06:22am
Sexy Mama:

I also think so.
the blackout
Killjoy
the blackout
November 5th, 2010 at 06:26am
my older sister now 23 has a 7 year old girl she was 16 when she had her child, and she has a job that pays well and a wounderfull boyfriend and her own house and i think that a good start from the age of 16
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
November 5th, 2010 at 12:35pm
the blackout:
my older sister now 23 has a 7 year old girl she was 16 when she had her child, and she has a job that pays well and a wounderfull boyfriend and her own house and i think that a good start from the age of 16
Compare that to how many 16 year old girls there are out there who aren't as lucky to have what your sister has.
Wemmla
Bleeding on the Floor
Wemmla
November 24th, 2010 at 09:58am
Lack of life experience make most early marriages fail, however some couples fit better together than others and some "grow up" faster than others. Those couples may last forever. It is nice to know that not all of the early marriages fail.
Daft
Fabulous Killjoy
Daft
December 1st, 2010 at 07:08am
I was engaged. Now I'm not. Enough said
K.K.
Bleeding on the Floor
K.K.
August 28th, 2011 at 06:15am
Well personally I know that if this or that speciall guy would propose to me right now, I'd accept.. Razz Idk it dpends on the maturity .. the capability of the two to make a decision and stick to it..
I like(d) my friend (whse a girl).. like I was seriously obsessed with herr.. like in that silly lovey dovey way.. I never told her and now I've moved away really far.. so the next time we meet we might be 20 or something.. when I asked her about what she thoght of lesbians etc. she said she thinks its weird and would never be gay. Yeah well. But she was the only girl that I ever thought of in that way, like I even considered marrying her and adopting some kids like when we were both playing with my little sisters I seriously loved how shed be. Idk. I'm going through a hetero curious/ hetero thing now. and I'm waiting to find some guy to date and maybe fall in love and stuff.. But like seriously I know what marriage means and I think if I made the decision now to get engaged etc. I'd know what I was doing
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
August 30th, 2011 at 04:25pm
Engagements? sure. Marriage I think, should wait untill both people are older.
dr. pogo
Bleeding on the Floor
dr. pogo
August 31st, 2011 at 01:13pm
John St. John:
Engagements? sure. Marriage I think, should wait until both people are older.

I sort of agree with this. What I agree with is the idea of saying, "Yes I'd like to be with this person - but I'll wait longer to ensure this isn't a phase."

I don't think there is anything wrong with teenage engagement/marriage however more often than not I do think the people who choose to embark upon such an adventure - that I know personally of - are not right for such a step. So more or less I suppose what I'm saying is it depends on the people, for me I have no issue with the actual activity.

(I'll also point out one of the most important people to me is young and engaged and I couldn't think of anything more perfect for her and her partner at this moment in time in their lives. Just want to add that wee bit of information out there in case it seems like I only blame the people who make the choice rather than the choice itself for any bad situation arising. I fully believe it is the people that make or break it.)
mar0o0ha
Bleeding on the Floor
mar0o0ha
August 31st, 2011 at 03:22pm
I Think That its not a Good idea to get marry That young ,Because teenagers emotions are changeable ... so maybe he'd think that he love her til death in a second but a minute later he would hate her or love another one ...Marriage should be done in adulthood so he can take the responsability seriously
That what i think you might find it strange
and i think that this thing is a reason for lots of divorces cases these days