Don't have an account? Create one!

Teenage marriage/engagement

AuthorMessage
Lights
Salute You in Your Grave
Lights
January 30th, 2010 at 02:12am
ForrestFIRE_Angel:

if you know your gunna be with that person forever, or atleast know you want to and can be (you cant know forever for definate) you can only know when it ends how far you can go with them,

I don't think anyone can decide at one point if you can be with someone forever, even in the most successful of relationships.
In order to work in any relationship, I think you have to be truly adaptive to any sort of change, big or small.

Ya know what I'm saying?
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
January 30th, 2010 at 06:06pm
^ Making that decision can change how you handle a situation. It's sort of a "self-fulfilling prophecy." If you say "I know I'll be with them forever," you work through anything it takes to make that happen.

So I do think you can know.
Lights
Salute You in Your Grave
Lights
January 30th, 2010 at 10:07pm
I agree with you for the most part, I just couldn't personally see myself saying I want to be with someone forever. Maybe it's my age or my personality?
Not sure, but I haven't thought of being with any of my boyfriends for forever.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
January 30th, 2010 at 11:51pm
Hey, good on you. Not everyone feels that way about everyone else. You know, it takes a certain point to feel that way about someone, and people reach it at different times, if at all.

:]
fear_of_falling
Killjoy
fear_of_falling
January 31st, 2010 at 06:02am
If they are REALLY in love, I'm all for it.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
February 1st, 2010 at 09:25am
fear_of_falling:
If they are REALLY in love, I'm all for it.

What is REALLY in love? How do you know when it's Love and not just a silly crush?
That's the problem, people going into marriage to early and when the flame burns out, it all falls apart.

I personally think that if you really believe you are in love, wait a couple years anyways, to be sure. 'Love' is so complicated and not straightforward, and if you really loved each other, couldn't you wait a couple more years?
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
February 1st, 2010 at 06:44pm
^ I know people who waited four years just to 'make sure it was for real', then they got married, and were separated before their first wedding anniversary (and are now divorced, in Australia you have to be separated for a year before you can file for divorce). And then I know people who met, got married six months later and are still insanely happy after 10 years.

When it's real, you know. That's all there is to it. That being said, all marriages take work - it's not like you just get married and then you don't have to try any more. Life happens - sometimes things come up that you would never have seen coming that place incredibly stress on a marriage. Those things don't mean people should never get married because it *might* come undone later - it just means that you either could have tried harder, or that you did all you could and it just didn't work. There's nothing wrong with that.
Lights
Salute You in Your Grave
Lights
February 3rd, 2010 at 10:54pm
merlin.:
Hey, good on you. Not everyone feels that way about everyone else. You know, it takes a certain point to feel that way about someone, and people reach it at different times, if at all.

:]

I may attribute it to seeing my mother divorce twice, but at the same time it's really taught me what I should look for in a relationship, what's healthy, and what's not.
Plus, I'm not really looking for "mr. right" at the moment, I'm just looking for a fun time, ya know? Haha.
I have the rest of my life to be permanently tied down. I'm free right now. (:
Spritz
Killjoy
Spritz
February 11th, 2010 at 12:13pm
Yes they can know what love is there was research done and it says teens are more likely to know real love then older people because they let others see them completely compared to being closed off or thinking something isnt important. anyways i think if they wanna get married young let them even though its probably not gonna work to their liking.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
February 12th, 2010 at 02:05am
Spritz:
Yes they can know what love is there was research done and it says teens are more likely to know real love then older people because they let others see them completely compared to being closed off or thinking something isnt important. anyways i think if they wanna get married young let them even though its probably not gonna work to their liking.
What research? Do you have any studies you can point to?
SweetMe
Killjoy
SweetMe
March 12th, 2010 at 05:05am
i think its absoulutley sad!
You should be dating and going out and partying not going to the third stage...Maridge..pfff... i think they know what love is but how sad they think they can go through the whole life with the sme person.
I just think its wrong.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
March 12th, 2010 at 06:32am
SweetMe:

but how sad they think they can go through the whole life with the sme person.
I just think its wrong.

So do you think it's teenage marriage, or are you making a statement about marriage in general?
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
March 13th, 2010 at 12:00am
SweetMe:
i think its absolutely sad!
You should be dating and going out and partying not going to the third stage...Maridge..pfff... i think they know what love is but how sad they think they can go through the whole life with the same person.
I just think its wrong.

But when you get married at any point in your life, you will still have the preconceived notion that you'll spend the remainder of your life with that person, is it sad then?

I believe if two kids really love each other while their teenagers, and they want to get married, I think they should wait till they are out in the worlds on their own before getting engaged. Honestly I've been with my boyfriend longer than any of my other boyfriends, I'm insanely happy with him and I have more feelings than I've ever had for anyone else before. I would love to marry him, and we've talked extensively about being together for the rest of our lives. I wouldn't want to get married till I'm at least in my 20's, but for me it's not "sad" the prospect I'll only be with him possibly for the rest of my life, I can't begin to describe just how happy I am. Call me naive.
Kurt Coboner.
In the Cannibal Glow
Kurt Coboner.
March 16th, 2010 at 12:44am
i'm not quite sure how i feel about this .
i was with a person , and we both felt that we would get married later on in life , and live happily ever after , blah blah blah . but stuff happens , and those dreams get crushed . you don't want to get into that much of a commitment at such a young age. what if, from being so young , you meet someone later down the road and think , i made a mistake . maybe i'm just speaking from a sore spot , but i guess all it really comes down to is both of your feelings for eachother . (:
Sexy Mama
Banned
Sexy Mama
March 30th, 2010 at 02:20pm
im sorry but i take affense to alot of this.. i am a teen mom of two kids and married and im 16. i take care of my children with my job and my husband i dont depend on anyone and we made that decision cuz we love eachotherSmile and were never apart
Sexy Mama
Banned
Sexy Mama
March 30th, 2010 at 02:20pm
*are* sorry
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
March 30th, 2010 at 05:27pm
I think it's kind of ridiculous for you to be offended. It's been said time and time again here and in other areas that there are exceptions to every rule. If you thought for more than a minute, you'd see that you happen to be one. I stay by my statements, regardless of the fact that you are living what you say is a happy life. Your situation is FAR from most people's realities.
Sexy Mama
Banned
Sexy Mama
April 1st, 2010 at 02:03pm
well thats your opinion.. nothing states that all teens have to go by rules or anything for marriage and engagement.. we may be young but we know what we want in life, if it doensnt work out then we move on
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
April 1st, 2010 at 06:08pm
You absolutely cannot speak for everyone on Earth. Unless you have multiple personalities I don't see any sense in using "we," because MANY teens do not yet know what they want in life, and many teens (and adults who moved beyond teenhood not learning any better because they assumed they had it down) still do not move on when things go awry.

I...thought something like that would go without saying.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
April 2nd, 2010 at 06:01am
cody is my man:
well thats your opinion.. nothing states that all teens have to go by rules or anything for marriage and engagement.. we may be young but we know what we want in life, if it doensnt work out then we move on
No - YOU know what you apparently want in life, but I can assure you that a lot of teenagers don't. Hell, a lot of people in their 20s and 30s and 40s probably don't know exactly what they want out of life either. Just because you were young when you experienced what generally a lot of people do when they're older, it doesn't mean every teenager is the same way and knows what they want.