Don't have an account? Create one!

Christmas Thread.

AuthorMessage
Need to know.
Salute You in Your Grave
Need to know.
December 6th, 2008 at 07:55am

My grandfather just passed away so we're not decorating the house for Christmas.

My parents are getting me 'Louder Now: Part Two' and The Color Fred's album for Christmas. They're on their way from Amazon xD

And I want to get my sister a pink 'gloomy bear' from this shop who sells punk clothing etc. but they're not in stock yet...
elphie.
Bulletproof Heart
elphie.
December 6th, 2008 at 09:20am
All my family live in Belgium so I won't be seeing them at Christmas,

I guess I'll just stay home with my mum, brother & sister and watch all the
Christmas movies on TV and such.

xD
antennas to heaven.
Banned
antennas to heaven.
December 6th, 2008 at 09:46am
I'm getting The Dark Knight for Christmas, but my mom said I can
open it on Christmas Eve and we can all watch it. : D
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
December 6th, 2008 at 12:55pm
^ Aha, win! I'm doing that, too. :p

I'm so excited.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
December 6th, 2008 at 04:30pm
All I asked for for Christmas was the killers new cd, a red umbrella, and purple pillows. I hope I get em, and I tottally got all my family christmas shopping done on black friday. my friends are gunna have to settle for cookies and candy, I'm too broke to buy each of them presents. Although we are doing secret santa, so I have to go shoping for one person, and i had to be someone who's really hard to shop for. I have no idea what to get him. I'm kinda freaking out. But yay Christmas is the best.
Mass Hysteria
Killjoy
Mass Hysteria
December 6th, 2008 at 11:03pm
This is the first year in a few that we're having Christmas dinner without guests. The last few years it's always been someone like my brother and his family. My nieces and their mum will probably come round on Christmas day for a while, and then the next day my brother and his other kids will come round as well. I'm not sure when i'll get to see my dad.

Looking forward to it though. Looking forward to the time off work. Smile
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
December 8th, 2008 at 03:41am
glitter and trauma.:
I'm getting The Dark Knight for Christmas, but my mom said I can
open it on Christmas Eve and we can all watch it. : D

Dude, I *hate* it when my mother does that. Like, she'll buy stuff for me in March and tell me all about it, and then be all like, 'But you're not getting it until Christmas' (and yes, she stays true to her word)...
I think part of it is just because she's totally cheap and if she buys me crap months in advance, it means she has more money at Christmas to buy people like her workmates and neighbours (ie, vague acquaintances that she feels like she has to impress) lavish gifts, while family members like my brother and I get, well, cheap crud that she picked up on a whim eight months ago.

Not that I'm saying that's what your parents do, at all, I'm just saying it annoys me when my parents tell me ages beforehand what I'm getting, but then still insist on making me wait. I'd honestly prefer to get nothing than to not have a surprise.

(The way I get around it is to write a big Christmas wishlist with so much stuff that it can't possibly all be given to me, then let my parents and husband and other family members talk to each other and organise who will get what, and that way I know I'm getting something I want, but I'm not sure which thing it is until I unwrap it Very Happy Works every time!)
LOVE MACHINE
Really Not Okay
LOVE MACHINE
December 8th, 2008 at 05:03pm
We decorate the house on Black Friday, and then we watch movies. (Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving and is notorious for 4 hour lines to buy stuff) xD
Then on Christmas Eve we go to church, come back, open ONE present. Then on Christmas Day, we open our remaning presents, play around with them, then go to my mom's boyfriend's daughter's house for presents at thier house with the younger kids.
Bella Muerte!
Really Not Okay
Bella Muerte!
December 8th, 2008 at 07:14pm
Yay Christmas is soon Very Happy !! My house is full of lights hehe
I C G P
Really Not Okay
I C G P
December 10th, 2008 at 02:58pm
I can't wait for Christmas - hence the festive theme - mainly because I've made my friend the best present ever for it. She better come around and see me on Christmas Day. My tree is all red and gold. Nice. Smile
Odalisque
Always Born a Crime
Odalisque
December 10th, 2008 at 03:04pm
We started decorating our tree yesterday until the stand broke and the tree collapsed.
For now the tree is leaning against the wall until we get a new, more durable stand.
It looks really pathetic. =P
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
December 11th, 2008 at 10:13am
every year, My and my brother write our letter to Santa in the first week of December, then on Christmas Eve, I write out a thank you note, and Nat signs it, and we put it, with a glass of sherry/milk, a mince pie, and a carrott by the fire place, and then we go to bed. We have our stockings at the end of the bed, and then, when we wake up in the morning, they are full, and we can open them, but we aren't allowed down stairs. Then, at like, 8am, we go down, and Nat wakes my Mom, and we have a weetabix, or museli, and then we cover our eyes, and go into the front room, and all our presents are spread out on the floor, and then we get to open them. After presents, my mom goes and sorts out Christmas dinner, whilst me and Nat investigate our new stuff. Then, when lunch is ready, we eat it. When lunch is over, we sit in the front room again, and watch Dr Who, and The Snowman, and Star Wars, and all those other movies that are only ever on at Christmas, and then when that's all over, we gather everything we got, take it upstairs, saying Merry Christmas to the fish, and go to bed.

Only now that I'm 16, I help with the wrapping on Christmas Eve, and making the lunch, and naturally, the whole Santa thing is just for my brother.
call me captain.
Always Born a Crime
call me captain.
December 11th, 2008 at 01:21pm
Nah, for me it's the usual. I'll be staying in Jersey for maybe
another week then fly out to Seattle to spend Christmas with my
mother and father, staying until the fifth of January.

When there, we wrap and if it's snowing; go up to the pass to see
Leavenworth which is a town that's designed to look like an old
German village. Really nice at Christmas time. Afterward, I spend
most of Christmas at my parents house before going to see my sister
and her husband at my grandparents. Great stuff. My brother won't be
joining due to Dive School so that's a major hurt.

But on the plus side, my boyfriend's joining me this Christmas.
Happy about that. My family has known him for two-three years.
So it'll be nice, nothing nervous for him.
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
December 11th, 2008 at 09:03pm
I used to leave out biscuits and milk for Santa, but it never got eaten/drunk and my mum would get mad at me for wasting perfectly good food, so I quit.
Liu Kang
Awake and Unafraid
Liu Kang
December 11th, 2008 at 09:10pm
Christmas won't be too good this year.
Probably no tree. No pretty decorations out side. Nothing.

Jsut because my dad left my mom in june and she's a mess. I hate it.
:/

thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
December 11th, 2008 at 09:21pm
Man, this thread is depressing.
fun ghoul
In a Bullet's Embrace
fun ghoul
December 12th, 2008 at 03:26am
I haven't bought christmas presents yet. Better get started...
Pansy.
Always Born a Crime
Pansy.
December 12th, 2008 at 06:57am
Christmas is so commercial these past few years, it just seems like a time for stores to make money and little snobby kids to compare presents.
It's so much pressure for parents and caregivers, too, i think.

I don't really do much, just have a BBQ with the fam for lunch at my Auntie's house, and just have another BBQ probably for tea at someone else's house.
Sounds so typical Australia, aha.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
December 13th, 2008 at 05:28am
Cigarettes And Suicide:
I used to leave out biscuits and milk for Santa, but it never got eaten/drunk and my mum would get mad at me for wasting perfectly good food, so I quit.
In our house, my mom drinks/eats it, and writes a little note 'from Santa'. My brother loves it! He's nine, and he still believes, it's sweet.
pleasure.
Bulletproof Heart
pleasure.
December 13th, 2008 at 10:12am
I don't know how this year is going to be. This year, my Nana and Poppy are trying something different, they're giving all three of their children money for their individual families. And we get to spend it how ever we want. Instead of buying a bunch of random presents, we get something we really want. Our family is using the money to go to California in March. We haven't been back in like 4 or 5 years. I'm not too worried about "not getting presents" because I'll still get some from my aunts and uncles and stuff, and maybe friends. And my Poppy always gives me "Christmas bonus" gifts. And my birthday is 6 days later, on New Years Eve. I might sound greedy, but whatev. This year, I think we're all just gonna be at Nana and Poppy's house (as usual). They have a new house this year. Right now, it's decorated beautifully. I really like it.