Don't have an account? Create one!

The MCR London protest. Who's going?

AuthorMessage
ilikecars
Killjoy
ilikecars
May 21st, 2008 at 01:35am
this is awesome, but my brother said he heard on one of our (i live in australia) local radio stations that there will be a march in brisbane, Australia? does anyone know about this? i really want to go if there is.
ilikecars
Killjoy
ilikecars
May 21st, 2008 at 01:42am
does anybody know about a protest happening in Brisbane, Australia?
my brother thought he had heard about it on the radio but doesn't know any details. i will be there if there is one!

whoops i posted this twice! sorry!
DemonLeaf
Bleeding on the Floor
DemonLeaf
May 21st, 2008 at 02:12am
i'd go if i lived in london lol! Very Happy
I.wish.i.wer.a.ghost
Motor Baby
I.wish.i.wer.a.ghost
May 21st, 2008 at 03:48am
sorry if its already been said, but in auckland (NZ) MCR fans are meeting out side the skytower....i dont live there...dose anyone know if theres one in wellington somewhere? or lower hutt?
Jenny.
Jenny.
May 21st, 2008 at 05:35am
Apparently, Ireland is now organising something similar
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
May 21st, 2008 at 06:29am
Mailing list: 255 emails.
Protest list: 335 participants.
sparklinggrey
Jazz Hands
sparklinggrey
May 21st, 2008 at 07:23am
ooh wrong continent dammit! maybe next time. but i seriously doubt daily mail would give a damn if we did something here in africa.

o well. gonne go sign up for the mailing list right now

EDIT: Just found this very interesting and positive article on MCR on someone's blog : http://canichangealife.blogspot.com/2007/05/my-chemical-romance.html
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
May 21st, 2008 at 08:29am
Thank you for the link to that blog!

Someone from The Guardian contacted me. Tehe
bobkat
Fabulous Killjoy
bobkat
May 21st, 2008 at 08:38am
Anybody else seen that the march has made Perez Hilton ?????
FAMOUS!!!! xxxxx
bobkat
Fabulous Killjoy
bobkat
May 21st, 2008 at 08:40am
So I forgot to check the last posts, someone already posted about PEREZER!!!.
This is going to be so epic. its on the local radio where I live in Bristol.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
May 21st, 2008 at 08:45am
Woah! For real?
Awesome.
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
May 21st, 2008 at 09:31am
DDD:
It sounds so amazing, holy shit.
I wish I could come!
bobkat
Fabulous Killjoy
bobkat
May 21st, 2008 at 09:38am
The Rumor:
Woah! For real?
Awesome.

yeah, although they said,
"emo suicide cult rockers My Chemical Romance, seem to be rocking the nation. 13 and 14 year old girls unite to stand strong for Gerard on the 31st!" Or something along those lines.
I was "working" at the time =].
souverian.
Demolition Lover
souverian.
May 21st, 2008 at 09:50am
The general idea is just that.
That a bunch of girls are marching for their favorite band (which I know isnt the actual case)

but I personally think it would be more meaningful and epic if you guys changed your objectives to marching for self harm and how wrong it is rather than the media's view on MCR.
If they see my chemical romance fans trying to stretch out that positive message, it will make you guys look good as well as the band.
Just my humble opinion : )
Toki
Really Not Okay
Toki
May 21st, 2008 at 09:58am
The Rumor:
Thank you for the link to that blog!

Someone from The Guardian contacted me. Tehe

That's good news, because The Gaurdian are a Labour newpaper that hate the Daily Mail
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
May 21st, 2008 at 10:01am
bobkat:
The Rumor:
Woah! For real?
Awesome.

yeah, although they said,
"emo suicide cult rockers My Chemical Romance, seem to be rocking the nation. 13 and 14 year old girls unite to stand strong for Gerard on the 31st!" Or something along those lines.
I was "working" at the time =].

Psssh.
They should get their facts straight.
I'm 16. Shifty2
Wake The Sun.
Killjoy
Wake The Sun.
May 21st, 2008 at 11:17am
sun kil moon.:
The general idea is just that.
That a bunch of girls are marching for their favorite band (which I know isnt the actual case)

but I personally think it would be more meaningful and epic if you guys changed your objectives to marching for self harm and how wrong it is rather than the media's view on MCR.
If they see my chemical romance fans trying to stretch out that positive message, it will make you guys look good as well as the band.
Just my humble opinion : )

I was thinking about that, and I was kinda thinking, were marching more for teenagers like Hannah Bond, then My Chem. What happened to Hannah was so tragic, and she clearly had some problems that she needed help for, but because of newspapers like The Daily Mail talking about "dangers of emo" etc, she managed to convince her parents it was all part of a fashion - And I can't imagine the immense guilt and doubt they must be feeling right now because they obviously loved their daughter. I hold nothing against her parents for trying to put the blame on something - I can't even imagine the pain they must be going through. What I DO have a problem with is The Daily Mail using a parents grief and confusion to cash in and turn MCR into a complete scapegoat.

And I was thinking, if we can just convince one parent seek help for their child when they see scars on their wrists, or just talk to them, or recognize the signs of depression and not think it's just a "fashion", we've made a huge difference. If we can help one teenager like Hannah, like My Chem have helped us, then this whole protest is more then worth it.
inactive account
Demolition Lover
inactive account
May 21st, 2008 at 11:43am
this would be great if they could put this live onto the tv as well... then i wouldnt feel so bad about not being able to go!
Junkett
Jazz Hands
Junkett
May 21st, 2008 at 11:54am
For all the times I wished I lived in London. I was thinking that like a big banner that everyone takes part in writes something and then every one holds it up infront of The Daily Mail. I don't know, but my hippie protest side just thought of that.
Jenny.
Jenny.
May 21st, 2008 at 12:11pm
^Thats a pretty good idea! But there'll be so many people, it'll be hard to get everyone's signature..