Don't have an account? Create one!

The MCR London protest. Who's going?

AuthorMessage
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
May 21st, 2008 at 06:57pm
Srsly, I'm so fucking excited for you guys.
I COULD EXPLODE WITH PRIDE, too.
In Love
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
May 21st, 2008 at 07:09pm
^ Thank you so much.
I needed to hear that.
In Love
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
May 21st, 2008 at 07:23pm
I'm amazingly proud of you guys too. You are doing a good thing and going above and beyond to do it *right* -- and that speaks volumes. I wish I could be there, but that whole Atlantic Ocean is in my way. I will be there in spirit. Good luck to all of you.
Bess Houdini
Fabulous Killjoy
Bess Houdini
May 21st, 2008 at 07:24pm
My big advice to you guys is don't let it get violent in any way, shape, or form. Be peaceful.
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
May 21st, 2008 at 08:01pm
holy shit this is gonna be amazing.
good luck for all of you attending.
jay!
Bleeding on the Floor
jay!
May 21st, 2008 at 08:09pm
my friend and I are having a celebration-like thing for you all on the 31st.
good luck <3
Sweet Iced Tea
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Sweet Iced Tea
May 21st, 2008 at 08:23pm
The New Song.:
Since the guys are on SURS tomorrow, I wonder if they'll mention it? Then again, I don't know how far in advance SURS would have been filmed, so the protest may not have even been conceived when it was.

"feels like an idiot" what is SURS?
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
May 21st, 2008 at 08:25pm
Spencer:

Boycott it???? And what would that accomplish? Imagine the Daily Mail the next day. Turnout for Emo Cult Protest Significantly Less Than Expected

I just wish this protest was the public's response every time we get screwed over by "the man."

And who cares about perception, the point is that it's happening, not what it looks like. Some people are superficial.
Disgust
ain't got no soul.
Salute You in Your Grave
ain't got no soul.
May 21st, 2008 at 08:41pm
As some other guys said on here.

I'M VERY FUCKING PROUD OF YOU GUYS!

Honestly, this is great... What is happening and all.
tattooed lovers.
Motor Baby
tattooed lovers.
May 21st, 2008 at 09:12pm
I'm seriously proud of you guys. Standing up for MCR, and music in general.
I'm not in the UK, sadly, but I'll wear all my MCR merch that day. ;D
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
May 21st, 2008 at 09:50pm
I'm so excited for you guys, I wish I could be there so badly but, alas, there's that damnable Atlantic ocean (no offence, ocean -- I love you!). I'll wear my MCR merch on the 31st, though, and I'll be eagerly waiting for Youtube videos.

Agreed, I'm so fucking proud of this fandom right now. After all the negative shit that's been going, it's amazing to see something like this really come together to support the guys.
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
May 22nd, 2008 at 02:09am
The New Song.:
I'm so excited for you guys, I wish I could be there so badly but, alas, there's that damnable Atlantic ocean (no offence, ocean -- I love you!). I'll wear my MCR merch on the 31st, though, and I'll be eagerly waiting for Youtube videos.

Agreed, I'm so fucking proud of this fandom right now. After all the negative shit that's been going, it's amazing to see something like this really come together to support the guys.

yep yep.... those damn oceans. Smile yeah, someone remind me to wear my merch on that day. & maybe paint "May 31 - anti-suicide" on my body/tshirt somewhere.

Actually it should be a Music Against Suicide day, it should. May 31.

U know what's cool abt this? In Malaysia (where im at) May 13th, 1969 was a black day in the history of our country becoz there was this racist upsurge where a lot of people got killed. u could ride past a house or neighbourhood where the majority was the opposing race & u could get ur head chopped off. im serious. May 13...thats like the reverse of the number 31. if we could do something good on this date... i guess it's just kinda significiant to me .... even tho it doesn't quite compare to the brutality of mindless murder of fellow humans, but it's still about suicide & misconception of suicide, so i'd say if u Londoners can raise awareness on this issue, u wd be doing something great.
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
May 22nd, 2008 at 03:08am
found another article about it on www.channelv.com.au
(p.s channel V= quite well known music channel in australia)
Chapstique
Jazz Hands
Chapstique
May 22nd, 2008 at 03:57am
wow
You know it's big when something thought up on INO turns up on the channel v website Very Happy
Well done publicising it!
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
May 22nd, 2008 at 05:51am

Can someone bring like a video camera or something to show us people who weren't there, what happened? :]

I've never been prouder to be a part of this message board. Never.
Big_Pants
Really Not Okay
Big_Pants
May 22nd, 2008 at 06:13am
I'm 34 and plan on being there. I most likely won't wear MCR merch though, I don't think my Revenge or Dead hoodies would send out the right message lol. Seriously though that's just the kind of thing The Daily Mail would take pics of and gloat "see? See the dangerous message this band conveys?"
little birds.
Salute You in Your Grave
little birds.
May 22nd, 2008 at 06:22am
Just an idea:
Maybe to help make sure this is seen as a peaceful protest, you could try sitting outside the Daily Mail, instead of standing?
Because sitting can seem less threatening than standing, and you definatly do not want to come of as threatening. Also, it could reduce the risk of it turning violent.

And I think I've already said it, as have many others, but I am seriously so incredibly proud of you guys. Well done and good luck! =]
fifth period.
Bleeding on the Floor
fifth period.
May 22nd, 2008 at 06:29am
The New Song.:
I'm so excited for you guys, I wish I could be there so badly but, alas, there's that damnable Atlantic ocean (no offence, ocean -- I love you!).
Grr, I really wish I could be there with you guys too!

Good luck!
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
May 22nd, 2008 at 07:08am
i can't believe how much coverage this has gotten already and we just started organising this a week or so ago :].

i agree though that some people, mcr-fans and non-mcr-fans are over analysing it all.
i suppose people feel the need to criticise things and try to make them perfect or change them, or whatever. but i don't see why things just can't be left to be the way they are.
and it is easy for people to scrutinise what we're doing and say, well, i think you should do it this way, or you shouldn't do that, you should do something else, that's not the proper way of doing it. a load of people have come up with awesome ideas for how we can add to the protest or suggestions to make it more successfull. but then there's other people [and this isn't just on INO, i'm not attacking people on here!] who want us to flip the whole thing around and change everything. and fare enough, some peoples' opinions are really sensible and intelligent ones, but if you feel that strongly about the way it should be, instead of how we're going to do it, maybe you should just do your own protest?
and that's not meant to offend anyone!

although i agree with the idea of trying to include a bigger messege of anti-suicide/anti-self harm in the protest. i don't think we should change the whole objective of our march, sticking up for what and who we believe in was how this all started, but i think this could hold a bigger meaning as well, if we stressed our beliefs on self-harm.
[allison, i'm probably gonna PM you again, now xD].
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
May 22nd, 2008 at 07:12am
Lovesick Melody.:

Can someone bring like a video camera or something to show us people who weren't there, what happened? :]

I will be. x]

Thank you for all your support, guys.