Don't have an account? Create one!

Rumours thread

AuthorMessage
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
October 28th, 2008 at 10:09am
This interview, with MTV, seems to indicate otherwise, although I realize it's from July now. <shrugs>
Jenny.
Jenny.
October 28th, 2008 at 11:44am
Michael James Way;:

Yeah, Its not really useless. I mean if you want to waste your time discussing someones freaking hair, then so be it.
If it means all those kiddies aren't going to be spamming up useful threads.

I myself, had your same opinion before. But now, I deffinatly understand.
She meant the thread is pretty much pointless because nobody uses it. They just ask here.
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
October 28th, 2008 at 12:21pm
psychochip:
jules:
Disappointing rumor: The guys are covering "All along the Watchtower" as opposed to "Desolation Row."

But....but.....Desolation Row is what they used in the book.....I thought that's why they chose *it* over other Dylan's other songs.....grrr.

excuse me while I bang my head off my computer desk.
I am RAGING. Especially now I've read the novel. THEY CAN'T USE ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER.

and I thought the Director of this movie was a fan of the novel and trying to keep it as alike as he could.
hmph, I guess that was a lie.
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
October 28th, 2008 at 03:46pm
From 10/21/ 08:

Mikey Way

Way said that he and his MCR bandmates have "hung out a bunch," but that the only time they've played together was when they entered a studio to record a version of Bob Dylan's "All Along the Watchtower" for director Zack Snyder's much-anticipated film version of "Watchmen."
Crime in Stereo
Jazz Hands
Crime in Stereo
October 28th, 2008 at 03:53pm
awww. Mikey name drops.
demolitionloversmway
Thinking Happy Thoughts
demolitionloversmway
October 28th, 2008 at 04:01pm
i think the along the watch tower things a typo.......im prettty sure their doing desolation row
a. mtv probably thought it was that cause 99.9% of the time people do dylan covers its usually that or mayb mr tambourine man
b. theres about 50 videos of them preforming thier version of desolation row live
c. and then theres this vid with gee where hes talking about it at comic con so.......im pretty sure its that and not all along the watch tower
mtv probably just got them mixed up
http://www.buzznet.com/tags/mychemicalromance/video/3389901/gerard-way-talks-cover-bob/
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
October 28th, 2008 at 08:50pm
wtf @ hair again.

I'm seriously getting mad with this hair shit. There's no need to mention it every single week. If you think the thread is pointless then go say it in the thread and I'll direct you to the post that says why it's still open. But you know what? I'll just quote it in here for everyone so nobody has to go too far out of their ways searching and then call it oh-so pointless:
gnihsams snikpmup.:
it keeps the spam out of the rumors and q&a threads, so it stays.
gnihsams snikpmup.:
this thread is still here for a reason. Mods have discussed it before and that's the conclusion we came up with. Sorry if you don't like it, but it's for the better in our eyes.

It's hair, ffs. It's a thread about hair. FFS. It's not the end of the world, there are worse threads on this site, imo. Sorry dudes, but if one person asks a hair question, there's no need to carry it on after a page because it's no better than everyone else asking.

/being a slight hypocrite due to me continuing after a page.
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
October 29th, 2008 at 02:01pm
so I suppose that VH1 is a real source, so I can't hope that they just made the "all along the watchtower" thing up? Damn. I really wanted to hear Desolation Row.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
October 29th, 2008 at 02:05pm
Bob.:
so I suppose that VH1 is a real source, so I can't hope that they just made the "all along the watchtower" thing up? Damn. I really wanted to hear Desolation Row.

Not necessarily true. Magazine's internet sites tend to use each other for sources, so if one of them (in this case MTV) posts some information that isn't quite correct, it can spread across loads of them.

I'm not saying it isn't true but just that we don't have a reliable source (AKA, someone involved with the production saying what's going on) yet.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
October 29th, 2008 at 05:04pm
ok, just a late comment (been in New York for 5 days and missed the discussion).

That is NOT Gerard's youtube. I am pretty sure he would know how to spell "official".
demolitionloversmway
Thinking Happy Thoughts
demolitionloversmway
October 29th, 2008 at 06:48pm
Bob.:

vh1 said they got their info on it from mtv
so basically it wasnt vh1
haha does that make sense?
sigh whatever im confused.......
Chantal
Bleeding on the Floor
Chantal
October 29th, 2008 at 10:52pm
but I thought the whole point of them covering Desolation Row on the last tour was because they were doing it for the movie Crying or Very sad
Don't let it be so!!! They have to be doing Desolation Row!! Really I mean the interview with MTV+the covering on the last tour+Gerard talking about it at Comicon+Desolation Row being the song from the book+All along the watch tower only being mentioned in that one interview=I think it's Desolation Row.
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
October 30th, 2008 at 09:18am
So we don't know if it's true until the band/management confirms/the movie comes out.

Well then. *hmmph.*
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
October 30th, 2008 at 10:07am
demolitionloversmway:
vh1 said they got their info on it from mtv
Yes that is frequently the case. I am a bit perplexed too now, because MTV were the original sources of information in the first place. Whatever, I don't care - whatever song the band covers, it'll be awesome. It would appear that either one of the Ways was misquoted or the song was changed mid-stream for some reason. I tend to think it's the first one, but we'll have to just wait and see I guess.

Tallulah; Schechter:
I am pretty sure (Gerard) would know how to spell "official".
haha win! Without a doubt, he would, yes.
Bruce Wayne
Salute You in Your Grave
Bruce Wayne
October 30th, 2008 at 11:54am
[quote="Deb"]
demolitionloversmway:
Whatever, I don't care - whatever song the band covers, it'll be awesome.

pretty much the only thing that matters!
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
October 30th, 2008 at 02:18pm
Rumor: Tommorow the site will be updated or we will in some way hear from the guys
Why? Cause its Halloween
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
October 30th, 2008 at 02:26pm
Bob message! [squeals]

I don't think it'll be updated so soon after Bob's message. maybe in a few weeks or nearer to the time of new stuff coming out. I'm loving the information bit where they update via their phones Smiley
deafening_silence
Thinking Happy Thoughts
deafening_silence
October 30th, 2008 at 02:27pm
i dont think it will be tomorrow, but it will be SOON.

Griffith Observatory will have an influx of visitors in the coming weeks.. Laughing
Jenny.
Jenny.
October 30th, 2008 at 03:27pm
I love that Gerard's "address" is apparently a park.

There'll be loads of fans milling around there now.

Rumour: Gerard is secretly a hobo living on a park bench, as opposed to Frank in this.
/shamelesswhoring
t'lema
Salute You in Your Grave
t'lema
October 30th, 2008 at 03:28pm
^ I believe that should say 'shamless whore' Jen KATE Shifty:

Love you really.

EDIT: Don't abuse your modly powers by editing my posts Jenny. It's so not cool.