Don't have an account? Create one!

My Chem film new video.

AuthorMessage
Hayley Williams
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Hayley Williams
December 27th, 2008 at 06:05am
^ It was in the credits.
and I think this video/song and overall movie is gonna like top Twilight and Paramore.

atleast we know it wont be attracting like- more teenies, like Twilight did to Paramore.
honestly I know this is offtopic- but that fanbase has gone to shit!
severus.
Awake and Unafraid
severus.
December 27th, 2008 at 10:23am
Star Crossed Lover:
I'm hardly interested in superhero/comic book based movies, but I'd totally go see this one just so I could hear Desolation Row at the end!! xDD
Wink
You should read the graphic novel, even if you're not into comic books. It's a groundbreaking piece of work and the only graphic novel/comic book to make Time magazine's list of '100 Best English-Language Novels Since 1923', has received a Hugo Award, and is widely believed to be the greatest graphic novel of all time. Also, the guys in the band are pretty big fans. The song title Ghost of You is a Watchmen reference.

You'd be doing yourself a favor by checking it out! Wink

/sorry for the spam
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
December 27th, 2008 at 04:41pm
doomsday clock.:
You should read the graphic novel, even if you're not into comic books. It's a groundbreaking piece of work and the only graphic novel/comic book to make Time magazine's list of '100 Best English-Language Novels Since 1923', has received a Hugo Award, and is widely believed to be the greatest graphic novel of all time. Also, the guys in the band are pretty big fans. The song title Ghost of You is a Watchmen reference.

You'd be doing yourself a favor by checking it out! Wink
/sorry for the spam

it is amazing. I only recently read it after finding it in my uncles comic collection, but I really really enjoyed it.

and this video is just making me more excited for the movie.
sparklinggrey
Jazz Hands
sparklinggrey
December 28th, 2008 at 03:54am
ghost of you? really? could you expand on that?
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
December 28th, 2008 at 11:39am
sparklinggrey:

....What?
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
December 28th, 2008 at 11:51am
Thank God it was desolation row and not the rumored all along the watchtower. I knew the dr lyrics were in the book, I was absolutely befuddled as to why all along the watchtower would even be suggested....
sparklinggrey
Jazz Hands
sparklinggrey
December 28th, 2008 at 03:07pm
An Average Mistake said the song title Ghost of You is a Watchmen reference. That's really interesting. I was wondering if she could expand on that?
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
December 28th, 2008 at 06:51pm
sparklinggrey:
An Average Mistake said the song title Ghost of You is a Watchmen reference. That's really interesting. I was wondering if she could expand on that?

Oh alright. I got you. Smile
look alive sunshine.
Shotgun Sinner
look alive sunshine.
December 28th, 2008 at 08:52pm
Star Crossed Lover:
untold heroism.:
^ same here...
the first time I saw the photo.. I thought of dracula. (shoot me)
He's so cute. Tehe

I'm glad I'm not the only one! He reminded me of a vampire too. Ha Ha
xD
haha. dracula. YES!
that's exactly what i thought of.
love it =]
looks like it's gonna be fantastico!!
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
December 28th, 2008 at 09:06pm
Xstar-crossed-loverX:
Star Crossed Lover:
untold heroism.:
^ same here...
the first time I saw the photo.. I thought of dracula. (shoot me)
He's so cute. Tehe

I'm glad I'm not the only one! He reminded me of a vampire too. Ha Ha
xD
haha. dracula. YES!
that's exactly what i thought of.
love it =]
looks like it's gonna be fantastico!!

Jeez I'm out of the loop. But, what picture??
look alive sunshine.
Shotgun Sinner
look alive sunshine.
December 28th, 2008 at 09:17pm
go to the picture request thread and it's on the latest last page towards the top.

they're linked, so they might not pop right out at you =]
severus.
Awake and Unafraid
severus.
December 29th, 2008 at 03:04am
sparklinggrey:
Sure. "Oh, how the ghost of you clings" is a line used in an ad to sell Nostalgia, a cologne by Adrian Veidt. The line originally comes from the song These Foolish Things first recorded by Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, and Billie Holiday, but the guys got it from Watchmen. I remember them saying it was a Watchmen reference in an interview......FOUND IT!

example in Watchmen
example in Watchmen 2
/more spam

To keep this from being all spam...Desolation Row is a pretty long song. I know they're picking and choosing their favorite verses to make it shorter ~80s punk~ version befitting the tone of the novel. I wonder what verses they'll pick.
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
December 29th, 2008 at 08:59am
I'm fairly certain there was an interview where Gerard said that the director had picked certain verses and they were working together - I will try to find it.
severus.
Awake and Unafraid
severus.
December 29th, 2008 at 11:21am
Thanks. :]
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
December 29th, 2008 at 11:39am
Xstar-crossed-loverX:
go to the picture request thread and it's on the latest last page towards the top.

they're linked, so they might not pop right out at you =]
Oh okay. I see. Thanks!
porcelinajune
Bleeding on the Floor
porcelinajune
December 30th, 2008 at 10:31pm
tabitha:

The lawsuit has been ongoing for a while and is expected to be worked out by the release date. Right now they are currently bickering over copyright ownership. I will assume Fox will likely accept a monetary settlement, if they can still prove they even hold the rights to the film, which WB claims lapsed in the early 90's.

Tabs, I knew you would have the answer to my question. I was going to inquire about the status of the video pending the this article from today.

I don't think they would make a video for it if the movie didn't have the absolute green light.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
December 31st, 2008 at 08:30am
porcelinajune:

Tabs, I knew you would have the answer to my question. I was going to inquire about the status of the video pending the this article from today.

I don't think they would make a video for it if the movie didn't have the absolute green light.

The most recent ruling is that FOX maintains a copyright & distribution interest, meaning basically the studios may have to work together and and FOX's name might have to be on it as a distributor. So it's kinda dicey just now, whether FOX will agree to that or if they'll be assholes and want more. At one point January 20th was the date they were *supposed* to go to court, but they both wanted an earlier settlement. So I'm not sure if they will still go on th 20th or if they will reset the date with different goals.

Either way, WB has not yet changed the release date; they still anticipate the March 6th opening.

The whole thing is bullshit -- FOX sat on the rights for over 10 years, so obviously they had no intention of ever filming it, so now they look like little kids -- "He stole my toy that's been under my bed for 10 years and I forgot I had! It's not fair! All the other kids like him better now! I want my toy back!" It's ridiculous. They're just mad that Snyder & Co. did a better job with it than they could have; so they want a piece of it.
Halloween Princess
Killjoy
Halloween Princess
December 31st, 2008 at 01:23pm
I watched the trailer...it looks great I think!
Xmusic_monsterX
Jazz Hands
Xmusic_monsterX
January 13th, 2009 at 10:12pm
I was over on MCR's site earlier and they have the new single for sale on vinyl. It says that if you order it now you can get it on or around January 27! Clap For everyone that is REALLY wanting to hear it before the movie, there is your way to do it. You guys should go check it out. It's the first thing on their blog. It's not the video, but hey, it's better than nothing!
Xmusic_monsterX
Jazz Hands
Xmusic_monsterX
January 15th, 2009 at 02:41pm
Here's the link to their merch store. Just thought i would make it easier for anyone who wanted to oreder Desolation Row on vinyl... If the link doesn't work, just copy and paste.

http://www.mychemicalromance.com/store/