xxnevercominghomexx
December 24th, 2008 at 04:22pm
This has me so excited Very Happy
It's been so long since a new video came out. It looks to be amazing EPIC
vengeance university
Shotgun Sinner
vengeance university
December 24th, 2008 at 05:19pm
i can tell this video is going to be amazing.
i can't wait for this to come out.
tattooed lovers.
Motor Baby
tattooed lovers.
December 24th, 2008 at 05:44pm
GIRARD looks so cool. XD haha. I love that misspelling of the name, reminds me of a giraffe for some odd reason.
it's gonna be amazing. Can't wait! The outfits look totally rad. I'm gonna tell my uncle about this right away, just to try to make MCR seem cooler~. I'm definitely gonna hafta tell my friend about it, she'll probably just go see the movie just because mcr is involved.
demolitionloversmway
Thinking Happy Thoughts
demolitionloversmway
December 24th, 2008 at 08:10pm
oh my god that loosk fuckn amazing
im gonna guess who watches the watchmen is the title??? or theeemmmE?
Hayley Williams
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Hayley Williams
December 24th, 2008 at 11:45pm
From bladeyoustain.net:

# MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE SHOOT VIDEO FOR DESOLATION ROW!

Watchmen Shoot In L.A.
A mob scene was filmed in downtown Los Angeles this week, but it’s not what you might think

There’s been a rumor going around that Watchmen had filmed a scene on the 19th at the intersection of Broadway and West 8th Street in Los Angeles.
According to eyewitnesses the scene was quite elaborate and included more than 250 angry extras rushing out of a building and into the street before someone was chased by police dogs and arrested. Some exterior dialog was also shot.

So what’s the story? Well, our sources at Warner Bros. confirmed that, yes, the filming is in fact for Watchmen, but it's not for re-shoots for the film, or for any DVD extras.
It turns out that the shoot was for the music video of My Chemical Romance’s version of Bob Dylan’s “Desolation Row” — the song being used for the Watchmen film’s closing credits.
That’s not all. It also seems the the music video’s director is none other than Watchmen movie helmer Zack Snyder.
The building that sits at that L.A. intersection is 802 South Broadway, which has been used as a location for several movies including The Prestige, Mulholland Drive and Mambo Kings.

Oh My GOD! This video and movie are going to kill it Smile
oh and:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=59617025&albumId=2580001

the 'Girard' thing is annoying me tho haha.
Craig Owens
Bleeding on the Floor
Craig Owens
December 25th, 2008 at 02:00am
Gerard's getup looks awesome.

Dude, I was wondering what Mikey and Ray were talking about on Twitter. Bah! Exciting news!
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
December 25th, 2008 at 08:25am
I didn't think I could get more excited about this than I already am, but apparently I was wrong. The article about the video shoot makes me go all Wow
Gerard Arthur Way.
Demolition Lover
Gerard Arthur Way.
December 25th, 2008 at 10:05am
Girard Tehe

I agree with you Hanna.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
December 25th, 2008 at 12:40pm
Yeah, Jennifer, the "Girard" references are pretty unprofessional for someone of your stature - google is a powerful tool there, Kid. Rolling Eyes

Shit, the video looks like it's going to be rad! Even more interesting that the film's director shot it. I wonder if the video will roll during credits? Ha! That'd be pretty badass. We'd all have to buy the dvd now.
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
December 25th, 2008 at 12:47pm
softer; softest.:
Godddddddddddddd, as if I weren't balls-to-the-wall excited for the Watchmen movie already.

exactly. This just makes it better. xD
playground eyes.
Awake and Unafraid
playground eyes.
December 25th, 2008 at 01:08pm
I'm hardly interested in superhero/comic book based movies, but I'd totally go see this one just so I could hear Desolation Row at the end!! xDD
Wink
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
December 25th, 2008 at 04:07pm
^ Second That
Boubou
Killjoy
Boubou
December 25th, 2008 at 07:26pm
whoah! Thnx for the info! A new video??? I'm so exciteddd!!!

Hayley Williams:
LOL I LOVE HIS HAIR.

+1
In Love
Craig Owens
Bleeding on the Floor
Craig Owens
December 26th, 2008 at 01:45am
sparklinggrey
Jazz Hands
sparklinggrey
December 26th, 2008 at 01:56am
^ yeah. the song will come out same time as the movie, or a week or 2 earlier i think (cause ultimately the video is there to promote the soundtrack, that comes out the same week as the album). if the film's release date is pushed back, we'll have to wait longer for the soundtrack 2, and obviously the vid
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
December 26th, 2008 at 09:07am
"Who Watches The Watchmen" is seen throughout the book, usually as graffiti on buildings, referring to the fact that superheroes are largely unregulated and are seen as operating above the law. Think "The Incredibles" -- I'm sure everyone here has seen that. It's on the guitar as a nod to the book.

Also, Desolation Row was chosen because the lyrics are used in the book.

The backdrop on the stage is styled after Rorschach's mask.

The lawsuit has been ongoing for a while and is expected to be worked out by the release date. Right now they are currently bickering over copyright ownership. I will assume Fox will likely accept a monetary settlement, if they can still prove they even hold the rights to the film, which WB claims lapsed in the early 90's.

The video looks like it will compliment the tone of the movie extremely well. Being directed by Zack Snyder is a huge deal and I can't wait to see what he does with it. As a fan of Watchmen *and* MCR, I'm very much looking forward to the entire event.
Jenny.
Jenny.
December 26th, 2008 at 10:26am
Aaaaaah, was in the cinema two days ago and the Watchmen trailer came up - totally freaked out
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
December 27th, 2008 at 12:42am
Oh goooodd. This just made my month, I didn't expect them to be making a video. Omfg, I cannot wait!
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
December 27th, 2008 at 01:08am
I was really confused about the 'spoiler alert' thing Mikey posted
but then I figured it must have something to do with the cover they're doing.
Though, I didn't think they'd make a video for it, I thought their cover was just going to play at the end or something.

I'm very excited to hear it. (:
sparklinggrey
Jazz Hands
sparklinggrey
December 27th, 2008 at 05:20am
^ Well paramore did a video for decode for the twilight soundtrack, and honestly i didn't even hear that song in the film, or in the credtis. except if they played it at the very very end