Don't have an account? Create one!

photography thread.

AuthorMessage
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
January 26th, 2010 at 09:17pm
Ahh, I'd Google how to do it. I know it has one that does it automatically, which baffles me.

Anyway, yeah, my only crit is to use a tripod so that your stitching can be more consistent.

And use CS4 trials? Haha idk. Do you buy photoshop?
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
January 30th, 2010 at 11:58pm
one
this one's random, of me.
these are from a set I did at the Bluffs, which are gorgeous.
one
two
three

i'd love ANY comments/criticism.
Miracles.
Joining The Black Parade
Miracles.
January 31st, 2010 at 02:48am
colin meloy.
Bulletproof Heart
colin meloy.
January 31st, 2010 at 09:26pm
uh, yeah, I didn't buy photoshop, lmao.
working on getting it back~
I'll figure it out eventually, I guess.
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
February 2nd, 2010 at 10:39am
Absent for awhile, not really creative that often, just two pictures here of some dolls, one of them mine haha.

thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
February 3rd, 2010 at 12:22pm
UGH!!

Own City tour management screwed me over! He quit responding to my emails, and when I arrived not only could security not even FIND him - THERE WAS NO GUEST LIST.

irsdutnoiweyrtvuiowyert

I still got some pretty good shots, but I feel like just another girl with a camera now, hahaha.

I'm editing now, will post in a bit.

Edit: I emailed them to give them a snide and sarcastic thank you, and they responded rather quickly...they apologized, and both Brandon Epstein and the tour manager emailed me - the tour manager said she left me the pass in the box office, but they'd lost other passes so they probably lost mine. I remember asking at the box office and they said they had no idea. They actually gave me quite the runaround. OC management was saying they had a LOT of trouble with the venue.

GOD DAMMIT!

I hope I can still get some opportunities with them.
The Master.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Master.
February 4th, 2010 at 12:10pm
I looked at some of your shots from the show on flickr, they're really amazing.

anyways, i bought some black and white 35mm film for my Nikon FG-20 i'm really hoping on using that pretty soon.

just a few mediocre things~
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

It's so hard to focus on photography, with everything else i need to do, it frustrates me sometimes.
When my money comes through on monday i might possibly upgrade to a pro flickr account.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
February 4th, 2010 at 12:17pm
Some Deas Vail shots:

Image Image Image

And some shots of Lights:

Image Image Image Image
Image Image

There are more on my flickr, and I don't have Owl City posted yet but I will probably sometime next week, so I'll post when it's available.

: D
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
February 4th, 2010 at 12:21pm
Shauna -

You posted like right when I did I guess, wow, haha.

I'm glad you liked the shots! This may be something I pursue a bit more.

I know what you mean about photography being hard to "focus" on (harhar). Between 2 jobs and a relationship that needs a bit of work, I am having a really rough time starting a portrait photography business. Even giving away free sessions is hard for me, because I can't find time to do them! It takes such a tremendous amount of organization. Trying to develop as a photographer is an added stress because it's hard to self-teach in the midst of all this activity.

Working as a pro photographer at this studio is also hard, because it's against my contract with them to do outside work in portraiture, and that means I can't gush about anything or I have to lie when I request days off for shoots, etc. etc.

urtyweuirytiwubertv

it's really taking a toll on me.

But your shots are fantastic as always. I see you're taking hold of the side-vignette trend...I am trying to work on my vignette technique when I can; I think it's working out okay for me. Have you considered portraiture?
The Master.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Master.
February 4th, 2010 at 12:41pm
Heyyy steff, you should shoot more concerts, you have a real talent for it.
all the photos you posted are spectacular.
good luck with the business, must be hard starting from scratch, you'll do well though. The contract you're in for your job sounds like a real pain, maybe you could like talk to them about it. :/

Yeah, it's difficult. I'm taking a fine art course, i assumed that photography would be a module (tutor lied basically hahaaa) but it's not, i was a bit gutted. but i can still put photography into my sketchbooks and work, which is what i'm planning on doing.
I haven't really tried portrait photography properly, i kind of don't have the guts to ask people.
I really want to try, but i'll have to grow some balls first haha.
i owe loads of money, so after i pay it off i'm going to start saving up for a decent flash for my camera or either a telephoto lens or a wide angle lens, i've decided to just stick with the D60 for now, even though the auto focus issue is a pain in the arse.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
February 4th, 2010 at 01:09pm
Maybe you should upgrade your camera body before investing in lenses?

Gosh, you have a portrait lens. I would love to see the kind of work you could do with people as subjects. Just ask cute friends and post an ad on Craigslist for free portrait sessions; you can just put the files on a CD and give them away.
The Master.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Master.
February 4th, 2010 at 01:19pm
Hm, maybe, it'll take a few months of saving so i can decide which route to go then.
i might ask around in college next week if anyone would like to help me, the worst that could happen is they say no xD
City Lights.
Salute You in Your Grave
City Lights.
February 5th, 2010 at 07:09pm
I really never do any photography anymore, which is sad.
Too much to do.
However, I had spare time in the summer, so this is a bunch of different shots from different places.
one.
two.
three.
four. (This one, I think it's sort of like a commercial-shot you'd find in advertisements. In any case, I liked it.)
five. (I liked the color.)

Would just like to say that the above, and previous work is absolutely fantastic.
keep on living.
Shotgun Sinner
keep on living.
February 6th, 2010 at 08:23pm
The Master.:

This one really really struck me. Powerful image.

Stephanie, I too was looking at your concert shots on flickr. Absolutely lovely. Sorry you went through hell trying to get your pass at the venue and that none of it seemed to work out... I hope that works out for you next time. What a pain "/

Haven't been on here in a while it seems! Have a day off today to do absolutely nothing, so I broke out my Nikon and took some photos of things in my room (: It was rather pleasant, to just kick back and take photos at leisure. With gigs being my main photo opportunity, I'm not used to being able to take photos at my own pace aha (:
I got caught up in my lovely graphic novels, and ended up taking a ton of photos from both Watchmen and The Umbrella Academy: Apocalypse Suite... :33

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

i think that last one's my favorite... (:
more on my flickr.
all taken on my Nikon D90, with my 30mm f/1.4.
i'm so madly in love with that lense. it's insane.

i uploaded a ton of old gig photos to my flickr, too. my flickr account is slowly getting up to date... maybe someday soon i'll be done catching up on uploading old photos xD yay!
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
February 7th, 2010 at 10:28pm
I FINISHED EDITING OWL CITY! : DDD

I won't flood with photos; each image links to the full set. :]

Image Image
colin meloy.
Bulletproof Heart
colin meloy.
February 7th, 2010 at 10:46pm
wow, amazing.
that first one you posted on here is incredible, especially. *____*
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
February 8th, 2010 at 07:00pm
^ happy birthday (:

Stephanie, ALL of your photos are amazing. I'm especially fond of the first one of Lights that you posted here (:

Jenna, yours are awesome, too. I really love the third and last one.

I must get my camera back out soon.
keep on living.
Shotgun Sinner
keep on living.
February 8th, 2010 at 10:58pm
i had a lot of fun taking photos of those books. it was such a nice change of pace, to just pick something new and intersting for a change... and run with it. it was spontaneous and fun and the images turned out exactly how i'd hoped... (:
reminded me what i love so much about this.

there's a gig this friday that i'll be taking photographs for. it's a Haiti benefit concert, and basically i'm really looking forward to it (: some of my favorite bands are playing, and it's going to be a great night, for sure.
goodbye blue sky
Always Born a Crime
goodbye blue sky
February 10th, 2010 at 10:34am
the king blues.
Bleeding on the Floor
the king blues.
February 11th, 2010 at 03:53pm
goodbye blue sky, your photos are gorgeous,
I love the third.

I added you on Flickr, I hope you don't mind. (: