Don't have an account? Create one!

Bob Leaves My Chemical Romance

AuthorMessage
Ludwig
Motor Baby
Ludwig
March 4th, 2010 at 12:34am
This is clearly the start of a new era for MCR. My concern is whether the band will remain intact or disintegrate completely. I'd be shattered if they ended in flames, especially after the success of The Black Parade...which had Bob in it. I wonder if it's even worth it for them to continue rather than ending it here?
playground eyes.
Awake and Unafraid
playground eyes.
March 4th, 2010 at 12:45am
This is so saddening...
I mean, the most recent interviews we've seen have been of MCR talking of their newfound strength; how The Black Parade and all of its touring left them ready to break up as a band, if it hadn't have been for their long break and their willingness of this new album. It really seemed like that was a "sour" time for the band, and that it had ended with them coming out on top and completely ready to make new music.

I would've seen them last week if they'd have come to Australia... and now I'm just imagining what it will be like when they do return here, with a new drummer. Even though the same thing happened with Matt, that was during the early stages of the band... they were esoteric and it was too soon for fans to become... well, attached to the members. And as said before, the majority of fans fell in love with this band with Bob in it. He was a part of what made MCR great, and looking up at my poster now, I just can't imagine who could take that place.

I love MCR so much, but he really will be missed. I'll support them and accept the new drummer, but in my mind, Bob will stay an idol and a true part of what this band is. Judging by the way they're very secretive and don't like speaking of such issues, I have doubts as to whether we'll ever find out specifics of Bob's separation. It'll probably remain a vague mystery like it was with Matt, which disappoints me, though I understand why they'd want to avoid the subject.

I'll be so disappointed if I do find out that the "Gerard's voice" story was a cover up, though I doubt they'd officially announce something like that if it were false. They'll probably be interviewed about it or have it brought up to them in the future, and I'd have a hard time believing that they'd come up with a whole lie to use as a cover up for when this happens (if it does). Besides, the first line of the blog does insinuate that there has been more than one issue in the band recently (Bob leaving [i[and[/i] Gerard's vocal problems), so I'm going to trust it for now. And Frank's hardly someone who's renowned for lying.

[/rant]
macabre de coiffure
Fabulous Killjoy
macabre de coiffure
March 4th, 2010 at 12:49am
Wow. I don't really even know what to say. :/ I don't know if I like the way Frank broke the news... it seems a bit cold and formal and not all that heartfelt. It seems a shame that after all Bob has done for the band and the impact he's had on the fans, all he gets is a three-sentence farewell on the website.

But I really hope that they at least parted on good terms and there's no bad blood there. I wish him the best for the future. (:
kid from yesterday.
Bleeding on the Floor
kid from yesterday.
March 4th, 2010 at 12:56am
I can't believe this is actually true. So upset and heartbroken right now. Bob was - is - BOB. ): He's what makes MCR the way they are for me and a lot of other fans. It's ridiculous but I don't know how I can watch LOTMS the same again now. ):

You know what saddens me the most - aside from the fact that I was convinced the next time I'd see the whole band live again (an occurence I thought would happen in Australia) - is that some people elsewhere seem to find this a good excuse to shit-talk the rest of the band, and spewing crap about how they're all liars yada yada yada. I get that I'm not supposed give a shit about all of these so-called fans, but all the accusations of them lying to cancel Soundwave etc just make me so frustrated at these kids who call themselves supporters. I've always thought this fandom was fucked up; stuff like this prove me right, sadly. This band has a bullshit fandom. >.< So selfish and melodramatic, srsly~ As far as I'm concerned, they're telling the truth. Maybe Bob leaving had something to do with the cancellation, but I highly doubt they'd lie about Gerard's throat just to get out of the Australian tour, that's just whack.

I almost don't care about the reason - we all know the band's private and we probably won't be hearing dish anytime soon, not that I want to - but I just hope there's nothing too bad going on, and I wish this doesn't mean it's getting closer to the end. Good luck Bob and we'll miss you no. matter. what.
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
March 4th, 2010 at 01:28am
stumbleine.:
Judging by the way they're very secretive and don't like speaking of such issues, I have doubts as to whether we'll ever find out specifics of Bob's separation. It'll probably remain a vague mystery like it was with Matt, which disappoints me, though I understand why they'd want to avoid the subject.

There wasn't really anything mysterious about Matt leaving. If I remember correctly, the reason they gave was that he was being difficult and not getting along with the rest of the band (especially Ray).

I'm sure they will give us an explanation soon enough, but I really really really hope that this isnt the real reason that they canceled Soundwave. I'd hate to think that Gerard's throat problem was just an elaborate lie to cover up what was really going on.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
March 4th, 2010 at 01:45am
I wasn't saying that they HAD lied, i was just saying i was pissed off if they DID lie. I never took them for a band that would lie their way out of things, like Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, who canceled without any warning and never even gave a reason later,
I would be really disappointed in them if that was the case, I would hate for them to have to take that road.
I am and always will be a supporter or MCR, when i found out this news, my 14 year old self was so devastated. And i don't think that being suspicious of something and being a bit justifiably angry makes me a fucked up fan or 'not a real MCR supporter'. I think following a band blindly and never questioning them and accpeting everything they say as right and gospel isn't being a very good fan.
I wanted to see MCR play at soundwave, they were half the reason i bought the $145 ticket. Yes, I am allowed to be a bit angry if they cancel, whether the throat story was made up or not.

I am a little bit wary the note did not mention Gerard's voice or even the Soundwave cancellation. It seemed like the note was saying 'we left on bad terms who gives a shit right, but we have new songs!' but i would put it down to not wording things correctly.

I hope that Bob can find happiness in whatever he does and i hope that he knows that whether he is in the band or not, we will still love him.
kid from yesterday.
Bleeding on the Floor
kid from yesterday.
March 4th, 2010 at 01:52am
Frankie-Oreo:
I wasn't saying that they HAD lied, i was just saying i was pissed off if they DID lie. I never took them for a band that would lie their way out of things, like Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, who canceled without any warning and never even gave a reason later,
I would be really disappointed in them if that was the case, I would hate for them to have to take that road.
I am and always will be a supporter or MCR, when i found out this news, my 14 year old self was so devastated. And i don't think that being suspicious of something and being a bit justifiably angry makes me a fucked up fan or 'not a real MCR supporter'. I wanted to see MCR play at soundwave, they were half the reason i bought the $145 ticket. Yes, I am allowed to be a bit angry if they cancel, whether the throat story was made up or not.

I am a little bit wary the note did not mention Gerard's voice or even the Soundwave cancellation. It seemed like the note was saying 'we left on bad terms who gives a shit right, but we have new songs!' but i would put it down to not wording things correctly.

I hope that Bob can find happiness in whatever he does and i hope that he knows that whether he is in the band or not, we will still love him.

Hope you weren't referring to me dear, cause I was talking about a certain LJ community, not anyone here. =\

Anyway, I get being upset - I flew from Singapore to Melbourne and Sydney with the primary intention of watching them, so yeah, I'm pretty much very aware of how much it sucks in that department.

I have a feeling him leaving might have something to do with the SW cancelation, but I highly doubt they would lie about G's throat, still. Not following anything blindly, just saying I don't think it's likely. /two cents.
fiyahfiyah
Killjoy
fiyahfiyah
March 4th, 2010 at 01:56am
ok now will you people believe me? my proof is out in the open now. they "parted ways". notice they didn't say they kicked him out. except the problem is, they did. lies lies lies
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
March 4th, 2010 at 01:57am
Lol. I don't go on LJ, so I wouldn't know anything about that. Sorry if i seemed on the defensive, but when terms start flying around like 'not a real fan' and 'fake mcr supporter' I am quick to jump, especially if I had said something earlier that was disagreed on.
/irrelevent for this discussion.

I am hoping there will eventually be some sort of 'clearing up' interview, ala; ETF and Ronnie Radke. Even if both stories don't add up, at least they've given their sides.
/relevence.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
March 4th, 2010 at 01:59am
fiyahfiyah:
ok now will you people believe me? my proof is out in the open now. they "parted ways". notice they didn't say they kicked him out. except the problem is, they did. lies lies lies

Are you referring to:
'As of 4 weeks ago, My Chemical Romance and Bob Bryar parted ways. This was a painful decision for all of us to make and was not taken lightly. We wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors and expect you all to do the same.'

It may suggest they asked him to leave, but I don't understand why you said 'my' proof?
kid from yesterday.
Bleeding on the Floor
kid from yesterday.
March 4th, 2010 at 02:06am
sorry double post
kid from yesterday.
Bleeding on the Floor
kid from yesterday.
March 4th, 2010 at 02:10am
Frankie-Oreo:
Lol. I don't go on LJ, so I wouldn't know anything about that. Sorry if i seemed on the defensive, but when terms start flying around like 'not a real fan' and 'fake mcr supporter' I am quick to jump, especially if I had said something earlier that was disagreed on.
/irrelevent for this discussion.

I am hoping there will eventually be some sort of 'clearing up' interview, ala; ETF and Ronnie Radke. Even if both stories don't add up, at least they've given their sides.
/relevence.

Nah I get it. I was a little peeved reading what people are saying and unfairly accusing them of stuff because they can.

I really hope there's more of an acknowledgement about it too, though they're private people; it'd be nice to know why and whether or not it was an amicable split. I hope it was, can't stand the thought of bad blood between them. ):
[/quote]

lycia.:
It's not the fact of albums, it's a fact that a good majority of the fans started their fan-ness with bob. All the boys are my heroes whom I've never been able to see yet, and if I ever do get to see them then I'll love it but I know it would have been complete with bob. I fell in love with mcr when bob was the drummer. Bob makes up MCR for me. every time I look at my wall of mcr posters and stuff, bob is there. It won't be the same looking at them going "wow he's gone", cuz that's the first thing I thought when I looked at them.I don't even care about the albums right now, I care that I'll never see my idols as a whole and i've missed my chances.

I feel like an era of my life is done now. Idk if people think this is over emotional..

I don't think you're being over emotional. I feel the exact same way about them. MCR has always been the *five* of them for me, and it's really hard to accept that that will be different.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
March 4th, 2010 at 02:14am
i think if a band has been part of your life for 5+ years (Three Cheers was 2004? or 5?) its emotional and hard for you to see them fall like that,
yaknow?
Hayley Williams
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Hayley Williams
March 4th, 2010 at 02:16am
The not playing Soundwave rumours came up around late Jan/ early Feb, They officially announced that they weren't playing Soundwave on the 5th of Feb due to Gerard's vocals. Four weeks from now is the 3rd of Feb. I have a feeling this was definitely part of the cancellation.

I'm shattered. I never got to see him play. The only time I've seen mcr was without Bob due to his wrist issues. My only chance was the Sydney sideshow and Melbourne soundwave which I was attending but then they cancelled.
This is terrible! and what really freaks me out more is how casual they were about it in the blog post. No reasons, nothing Crying or Very sad I hope they've ended on good terms.

crimes in the mosh.:

I don't think you're being over emotional. I feel the exact same way about them. MCR has always been the *five* of them for me, and it's really hard to accept that that will be different.

I know :'( It was so weird seeing 'the four of us entered the studio once again'
I'm having trouble coming terms with it all.

I just hope he recorded some things with them, I hope they don't retrack the entire record just to not include him. And I really don't understand why they removed all of his blogs off mcr.com
Even if they replace him with some epic drummer, it just doesn't work for me :'( I feel like this just wraps up MCR for me. It almost feels asif they've turned around and said 'We're done'.

Sad Fact: My Chemical Romance without Bob Bryar will never be the same.
playground eyes.
Awake and Unafraid
playground eyes.
March 4th, 2010 at 02:29am
earth2themorgue:

I don't know... those are the things that I heard and are accepted as reasons for Matt's split from the band, but it never really seemed all that clear-cut to me. I know they've avoided questions about Matt in the past to prevent themselves from being a band that "talks shit" about other people, and they do tend to keep to themselves, which is perfectly polite and dignified of them. It's always somewhat vague though, consequently. I wouldn't want them to be obnoxious and disrespectful about ex-members, but I just wonder if they will give any details at all. It's not our business to know personal things about their lives, though it would be comforting to get a bit of closure... even if it were just the simple fact of whether or not they ended on good terms with Bob.

This is just my opinion, though. In the end, it's just something we have to accept... they're not obligated to answer any questions or elaborate on this at all; how open they're going to be about this is simply their choice, as always.
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
March 4th, 2010 at 02:46am
stumbleine.:
earth2themorgue:

I don't know... those are the things that I heard and are accepted as reasons for Matt's split from the band, but it never really seemed all that clear-cut to me. I know they've avoided questions about Matt in the past to prevent themselves from being a band that "talks shit" about other people, and they do tend to keep to themselves, which is perfectly polite and dignified of them. It's always somewhat vague though, consequently. I wouldn't want them to be obnoxious and disrespectful about ex-members, but I just wonder if they will give any details at all. It's not our business to know personal things about their lives, though it would be comforting to get a bit of closure... even if it were just the simple fact of whether or not they ended on good terms with Bob.

This is just my opinion, though. In the end, it's just something we have to accept... they're not obligated to answer any questions or elaborate on this at all; how open they're going to be about this is simply their choice, as always.

I completely agree though, I think as loyal fans who have supported them over the years, we atleast deserve an explanation. They dont have to tell us every single little detail but like you said, I feel like we need some closure.
kid from yesterday.
Bleeding on the Floor
kid from yesterday.
March 4th, 2010 at 02:53am
stumbleine.:
earth2themorgue:

Duuude, exactly. I think we all need some form of closure. ): Even if it's like, artistic differences and then leaving it at that. I really hope it all turns out to be great again with this band.
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
March 4th, 2010 at 03:08am
lycia.:
It's not the fact of albums, it's a fact that a good majority of the fans started their fan-ness with bob. All the boys are my heroes whom I've never been able to see yet, and if I ever do get to see them then I'll love it but I know it would have been complete with bob. I fell in love with mcr when bob was the drummer. Bob makes up MCR for me. every time I look at my wall of mcr posters and stuff, bob is there. It won't be the same looking at them going "wow he's gone", cuz that's the first thing I thought when I looked at them.I don't even care about the albums right now, I care that I'll never see my idols as a whole and i've missed my chances.

I feel like an era of my life is done now. Idk if people think this is over emotional..

this time one million!
This is incredibly sad news, I'm devastated. I just can't imagine MCR without Bob. I have never got the chance to see them play and now when I do I'm not sure it'll be the same. This is so sad ):
a touch of anarchy.
Shotgun Sinner
a touch of anarchy.
March 4th, 2010 at 03:12am
I hate it when bands do this, then don't tell us the reason... But I am still quite sad, even though I don't listen to then much anymore.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
March 4th, 2010 at 03:39am
Wait.... is there actually any evidence that they lied about Gees voice, or are people just jumping to conclusions?