Don't have an account? Create one!

Letters to Anyone

AuthorMessage
wednesday.
In the Cannibal Glow
wednesday.
October 22nd, 2013 at 09:32am
s,

there is a difference between being confident and being conceited. i just hope for your sake that you learn it pretty soon before you turn everyone against you.

- mandy
Richey Edwards.
Demolition Lover
Richey Edwards.
October 23rd, 2013 at 12:38pm
Ex Boss,
Fuck you, Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you!!!
Vanessa
Richey Edwards.
Demolition Lover
Richey Edwards.
October 24th, 2013 at 10:17pm
L,
Okay, this is gonna sound really mean, but I think you're hanging out with him too much. I get it, your man just recently cheated on you and shit, and I get he's one of your besties or whatever, but I just feel like you've been seeing him specifically too much. You have other friends, hang out with them. I know my fiancé isn't your only male friend. I don't mind you guys hanging out every now and then, but you've been seeing him a lot here in the past few weeks. Honestly, I don't like it. I'm not trying to imply that you'd make a move or anything. I don't know you well enough to make that judgment, I've only met you once. I just think its funny you've been asking him to hang out so much. I know he's your best friend, just seriously, hang out with your other friends every now and then too.
Vanessa
wednesday.
In the Cannibal Glow
wednesday.
October 29th, 2013 at 04:02pm
a,

i still can't help but to sometimes think about how i treated you the last time that i saw you alive. i'm so sorry that i didn't say anything and just walked right past you, and into the apartment. i was just so upset at how you had treated my brother over those past several months. i regret not being nicer to you that day, and i've learned my lesson now because i've had so much remorse over the past 4 months.

- mandy
Richey Edwards.
Demolition Lover
Richey Edwards.
November 4th, 2013 at 02:32pm
S,
Before I started, you said I'd be getting close to 20 hours a week. So far, I'm only getting about six these next two weeks. What gives? I know this job is only seasonal and I should've known better, but I really wish you wouldn't have promised me something you obviously cant deliver. Maybe it's because I'm a newbie and you'll give me more as time goes on and I get better. That's why I wasn't trying super hard to get a second job, cause 20 hours isn't bad at all. I put in an application here and there, but nothing major. Now, it looks like I'm gonna have to fill out a million applications if these hours don't improve. Please, I love this place, please don't fuck me over.
Vanessa
wednesday.
In the Cannibal Glow
wednesday.
November 6th, 2013 at 03:29pm
k,

i don't understand how you can have this "i don't care" attitude right now. everything is being left up to me, and i've about had it. it's all i can do not to just break down and cry right now. i can't do this by myself. this isn't supposed to be my responsibility. so why is does it feel like i am having to do all of this by myself?

- mandy
Billie Joe.
Crash Queen
Billie Joe.
November 9th, 2013 at 02:38pm
ino,
I miss you.

sara
Richey Edwards.
Demolition Lover
Richey Edwards.
November 9th, 2013 at 06:39pm
S,
I seriously have no idea what you want me to do. You tell me I'm not working tonight, but you didn't take it off the schedule. So it makes me look like a liar. They called and asked if I was coming in, and I told them exactly what you told me. So if I get in trouble, so help me God.
Vanessa
My Chemical Kid
Killjoy
My Chemical Kid
November 18th, 2013 at 10:42pm
Dear Alek,
Never let anyone change you, only you make decisions about yourself. Know who you are now but never forget who you once were. You've changed and grown so much and I'd wish you'd stop escaping into your own ecstasy. You don't have to shrink into your mind to think because I'm right here to listen. I've always been here you just haven't seen me.
Stay bright kid,
Sasha
My Chemical Kid
Killjoy
My Chemical Kid
November 18th, 2013 at 10:48pm
Cody,
I miss you horribly and my life has taken quite a jurassic turn since I moved away. I'm so sorry for being a jerk to you but know my feelings for you are true.
Stay young,
Sasha
Richey Edwards.
Demolition Lover
Richey Edwards.
November 21st, 2013 at 08:08pm
R,
Oh my god, I'm seriously taken aback. If I hadn't said anything, I highly doubt you'd have said anything. You want me to think you and A are still my friends? Fucking start showing it. I'm not fooled easily. I wont fall for this shit again. Have fun getting through to me this time.
Vanessa
wednesday.
In the Cannibal Glow
wednesday.
December 16th, 2013 at 10:59am
brother,

well, i just learned a lot of things about myself. apparently, i: don't have any friends, need to go back to a therapist, don't care about anyone, etc. that coming from you hurt worse than coming from someone outside of the family.

- mandy
Richey Edwards.
Demolition Lover
Richey Edwards.
December 19th, 2013 at 10:17am
Mr. M,
As far as I could understand, my fiancé's grade should be a D and not an F. And yes, it does make a difference. It determines whether or not he gets to graduate on time. According to your grading system, a 71 is a D, yet you gave him an F...a D is considered passing at the college. So something isn't adding up here. I don't care if its a mistake or not, if you wait to get back to him when the new semester starts it'll be too late. It's really irritating the both of us. We don't have the time for him to retake the class. We just don't.
Vanessa
wednesday.
In the Cannibal Glow
wednesday.
December 27th, 2013 at 10:44am
j,

i am a little bit disappointed. i thought that you'd never do anything like that, but i guess that i was wrong. it upsets me that he even got you that for christmas. i wish that mom hadn't noticed it. i preferred being naive in assuming that you were like me in regards to alcohol. i know the kind of year that you've had. 3 surgeries, you almost died, 6 months bed rest, and then she died. i just hope that you are at least being responsible when drinking, because it's not going to help any of your problems.

- mandy
Richey Edwards.
Demolition Lover
Richey Edwards.
December 28th, 2013 at 09:08pm
Myself,
Wow, you really cant do anything right. Did you honestly think you've done anything to deserve, well, anything? You've got to earn things. When will you learn? He's not just gonna go out and buy you something just because it's a holiday and you're engaged. I mean, she obviously did something you didn't, so he thought of her first. You got to spend time with him, that's exactly what you wanted and asked for, don't even complain. Maybe if you didn't tell him you saw something expensive you wanted at the mall, you might've gotten something. Maybe if you earned a gift, you would've gotten one. You say you would've been over the moon with just a card? Oh really? Did you earn a card? Obviously not. Stop being so selfish. Of course he doesn't have money to spend on you, h spent his last few dollars on her. Get over it. Maybe if you stop being stupid you'll get something one day. Or maybe you could stop being selfish and wanting. That'd be nice too. You have him, all you need.
Vanessa
Richey Edwards.
Demolition Lover
Richey Edwards.
January 7th, 2014 at 03:00pm
HT,
I seriously don't even know why you ask me to call. I already know the job was only seasonal, and I already know I'm pretty much done with you guys. I mean, it only makes sense. Seasonal is November-December, so telling me I need to call for my hours, which nobody has even been able to confirm if I have, seems a bit ridiculous. We both know its over, don't drag me around.
Vanessa
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
January 19th, 2014 at 07:54pm
envy on the coast,

it's been almost 4 years. i can't believe that. march 15, 2014 it will have been FOUR YEARS since i've last seen you. i keep saying it because it makes no sense to me, how time can go by so fast. next year, it'll be ten years since the band first formed. THAT'S A WHOLE DECADE. it blows my mind. and i wish i was a fan for more than 2 of your 5 years together. that's not the point of this though. you four dudes (five if you count dan) have changed my life. you've changed the way i look at music (or hear it i guess) and the way that i play music. you've all been such a huge inspiration to me. you got me through high school, and i couldn't have asked for a better band to do that.
i didn't cry when you broke up. i was upset, but i didn't cry. i remember sitting on my bed, late at night, on the night of the last show you would ever play together. i was miles, states away. i was only 14 at the time. i was so terribly upset, but i didn't cry. just thought very deeply about how much you meant to me and how you've shaped my life, my art, my music, my writing. everything.
i've never stopped being a fan, but recently i started listening heavily to you again. i started relearning all the songs i used to know on bass and learning ones that i had never learned. i've gone back through modlife and read all the blog posts and reminisced about reading those for the first time as a freshman in high school. and i would spend hours on that site, reading, watching, listening, and waiting for one of you to come on and chat or post something new. and a few days ago, i saw a video from the last show. and i cried my eyes out. i'm sorry. i don't think you would want me to.
at the last envy show i would go to, i drew a picture for you. a picture that was on one of the shirts of a man walking down a dirt path with a billboard that said EOTCDXVI. i recreated it in graphite and gave it to ryan specifically. although i love every member of the band an incredible amount, ryan has always been a huge inspiration to me. i feel like if i could sit down and have a conversation with this guy, we'd be best friends. i remember him saying "you drew this?" and rubbing his fingers over the drawing, looking down and seeing the graphite on them. i told him, yes, i did, and he gave me a huge, tight, heartwarming hug. a hug that two old friends that haven't seen each other in years would share. it was such a special moment, and i will never forget it. (to be INCREDIBLY cheesy and cliche enough to hate myself, "in that moment, i swear we were infinite" ).
lowcountry is an album that did a lot for me. i had never heard anything like it in my life, and i absolutely loved it. i obsessed over it, listening to it for hours on end, repeating, repeating, and repeating. the bass lines made my stomach churn in the best way possible. the vocals and the haunting melodies in the guitar made me feel like my whole body was melting. and those feelings have never gone away. i still feel them to this day, 4 years later, when i listen to that album. it really opened my eyes.
i don't know what happened to make sal and jer decide to leave the band, but i respect their decision. i know that sometimes it's just time for things to come to an end. i honestly feel like envy on the coast couldn't have gone up anymore. i think lowcountry was the peak of envy's lifetime, and anything else put out after that probably wouldn't have been as good. maybe i'm wrong. that doesn't matter. good things have to come to an end. even though envy on the coast seems so short lived, it was time. and i understand. i really do. i just wish it didn't have to be this way. thank you for making the music that you made. even though you've all gone on to different things now, i'll always support you and any music you're making. unless you decide to become a stupid boy band, in which case, i can't stomach it and i'm sorry.
i love you dudes even though you'll never see this.

-hollie
Richey Edwards.
Demolition Lover
Richey Edwards.
February 1st, 2014 at 06:03pm
J,
What was I even thinking? Like you were really gonna be my friend. I don't have anything against you, don't get me wrong, I just don't allow shit talking of my fiancé to me. Common sense should've told you that much. Ah well, it was fun while it lasted I guess. Have fun with all those problems you told me about. Hope that works out for ya.
Vanessa
Richey Edwards.
Demolition Lover
Richey Edwards.
February 3rd, 2014 at 10:03am
Dad,
Okay, its not like I'm not trying to get a job. I'm applying everywhere. I don't have the gas to drive all over the county looking. I have to pick mom up from work every day, and she can only give me twenty a week. My gas runs out very quickly. Picking mom up from work everyday and having to go out and do other things runs it out. If you're willing to give me the money, ill be more than happy to search around. Until then, give me the credit for all the online applications I'm filling out. I really am trying my hardest.
Vanessa
cricket.
Patron Saint of Switchblade Fights
cricket.
February 12th, 2014 at 11:35pm

"Miguel" -

I think I'm finally over you. Today the thought of you didn't give me butterflies and turn my stomach into a knot. Maybe I have finally set you free.

L