Don't have an account? Create one!

23/10/2010 HMV Apollo London

AuthorMessage
Day Of The Dead
Salute You in Your Grave
Day Of The Dead
October 23rd, 2010 at 09:46am
Gaah really wish I was going tonight. Gigsandtours say call venue for tickets...I'm tempted!
Hope everyone who goes tonight has an amazing time! Have fun killjoys!
DESTROYA.
Killjoy
DESTROYA.
October 23rd, 2010 at 04:30pm
If anyone wants to know the setlist etc... Kerrang Magazine are putting it up here

Smile
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
October 23rd, 2010 at 05:34pm
^ I'm getting it on a live feed on Twitter from Heather.
xD
bulletprooffuture
Killjoy
bulletprooffuture
October 23rd, 2010 at 07:10pm
Just on way home from gig, low battery on phone so quick breakdown - it was incredible, played 4 songs from danger days, opened with a blackout and dr death defying speech, crowd were mental all night, played songs from all albums Inc lady of sorrows, couldn't see clearly who was on drums apart he was shaven headed, Gerard def said James dewees was there but he could of been on synth, planetary go sounds amazing, closed with new song kids from yesterday, will be plenty of people on here with more and some videos, anyone who is going over next few days will love it, most importantly gerard said the future is bulletproof and is looking forward to the next 10years for the band!

tata for now Smile
Pansyfuck
Killjoy
Pansyfuck
October 23rd, 2010 at 07:34pm
It was great. Im dead from dancing.
The best bit was when he got some twins for the crowd to come up and sing. They totally spazzed out on stage.
Madness.
Squirrel12
Fabulous Killjoy
Squirrel12
October 23rd, 2010 at 08:01pm
i love the sound of planetary go =D
ahh this was amazing XD
Harleen Quinzel.
Bleeding on the Floor
Harleen Quinzel.
October 23rd, 2010 at 08:48pm
That was absolutely incredible! Just got back and I can't even move my legs.

Highlights:

-The Bullets stuff- Honey and Our Lady Of Sorrows.
-Planetary and The Kids From Yesterday both sounded amazing (Planetary especially was insane, he was rapping at one point!) and I can't believe we are the first to hear them live!
- Gerard saying 10 more years for the band!
- The fact they're recording a trilogy of videos with Grant Morrison

Also some notes for those interested, James was definitely there and doing a fantastic job as usual. The backdrop was pretty simple this time round, no major effects just Mikey's helmet from the new video sitting on an amp which was a larger version of the girl's boombox in same video. And the California 2019 flag with the spider.

Also, they played a slowed down version of The Ghost Of You, which was really good. Personally it was the best I've seen them play, they all looked so happy to be there and I've never seen Mikey move so much.

I'm just going on but it was definitely the best gig I've been to, what a set! If there's anyone lurking who didn't go but wants updates feel free to ask stuff!
Oi Oi
Killjoy
Oi Oi
October 24th, 2010 at 04:40am
The show was amazing last night, but Frank didn't seem himself! Sad Think he's missing his babies.

This is random and I know it's probably not the place but seeing as so many people visit this thread...did anyone lose an iPod last night? It was black, found to the right of the crowd. My sister found it. If anyone lost it/knows anyone who lost it let me know! [/end spam]
Hell Yeah Georgie
Really Not Okay
Hell Yeah Georgie
October 24th, 2010 at 06:33am
Oh my god, last night was the best night ever. The boys were absolutely incredible. I'm so happy they played songs like Honey & Our Lady, I never thought I'd be lucky enough to see those live. The new stuff is awesome, when Gerard told us to dance to Planetary Go, I don't think any of us realised quite how literally he meant dance.

The mix of songs was great, it went from like the old punky feel to this really new synthy sound from the new album, it was just awesome. Beautiful.

[fangirl] And there was this one point when this guy lifted me up in the air and Gerard waved at me!! *dies* [/fangirl]

Basically, it was effing incredible.
yelyahwilliams
Tragic With a Capital T
yelyahwilliams
October 24th, 2010 at 07:17am
i'm so damn jealous of everyone who got to go to this! seems like it was amazing.

i can't wait for them to come back.
Or am I just fat??
Really Not Okay
Or am I just fat??
October 24th, 2010 at 09:49am
HOW FUCKING AMAZING WAS LAST NIGHT?
CAN I GET A HEEEEEEELLL YEAAAAAAAAH?!
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
October 24th, 2010 at 10:24am
Dude, I wish I went to this!
I can't wait until they come to North Carolina again!

This show looked amazzinggg
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
October 24th, 2010 at 10:39am
Found these on youtube. Pretty good quality!

Sweet Pandemonium.
Bleeding on the Floor
Sweet Pandemonium.
October 24th, 2010 at 10:52am
Zydrate Anatomy:
HOW FUCKING AMAZING WAS LAST NIGHT?
CAN I GET A HEEEEEEELLL YEAAAAAAAAH?!

HELL YEAH!
Last night was just incredible, definitely the best gig I've ever been to.
They were on for nearly 2 hours and the setlist was brilliant. Planetary (GO!) and The Kids from Yesterday sounded amazing, absolutely cannot wait to hear the new album! One of the highlights for me was definitely when they played Our Lady Of Sorrows, never thought I'd get to hear that song live so when they played it the place just blew up. It was amazing.
They all seemed so full of energy and so happy. Can't wait to see them live again next time they tour here, it's really great to have them back <3
Finnick Odair
In the Cannibal Glow
Finnick Odair
October 24th, 2010 at 11:11am
What was with Gerard touching Mikey's chest right at the beginning?! XD There were kids there, you know!

Last night was absolutely incredible though, I feel so lucky Very Happy Didn't get to meet them after the show though Sad REGRET.

Here's an awesome review I found though, with some pics Very Happy

http://www.gigwise.com/photos/59116/My-Chemical-Romance-Bring-Danger-Days-To-London-Apollo

Are we gonna have a live feed of Manchester like last night on Kerrang? Smile
Yekith
Jazz Hands
Yekith
October 24th, 2010 at 04:28pm
Oi Oi:
The show was amazing last night, but Frank didn't seem himself! Sad Think he's missing his babies.

I wasn't there but reading this I remembered the first reviews from 2006. Some people said the same about Frank and I'm sure it's just that it takes him some time to get used to playing again so he doesn't move THAT much during the first shows. Like...he needs to concentrate on the guitar more. Anyway, I saw a lot of videos and he seemed fine to me, moving around and even playing on the floor. He'll get crazier in the future, I wouldn't worry!
Jenny.
Jenny.
October 24th, 2010 at 04:50pm

Courtesy of my friend Chris.
a thousand suns.
Always Born a Crime
a thousand suns.
October 24th, 2010 at 04:54pm

They were absolutely brilliant. In Love The four year wait to see them was worth it.
Lou!
Killjoy
Lou!
October 25th, 2010 at 07:16am
I'm so late but I've just got home from the shows.

I'll try and be quick. Met some people off here, then randomly met Emily in the queue and we seemed to be the only people remotely bothered about them soundchecking! We could hear everything it was amazing and everyone was just walking past.

The concert was awesome. I cannot get over how much I love Planetary(sp?), literally going to be my new favourite song, just wow!!!!

There's so much stuff, I'm pretty sure he forgot the words during the last song for a bit, because I saw it again the night after and it was different? But I might just be going mad haha.

Arghhh there's so much to tell but I'm rambling, going to post in Manchester thread now as I met Gerard haha.
bulletprooffuture
Killjoy
bulletprooffuture
October 25th, 2010 at 08:22am
i was at the back of the seating but from what i could see the mic died on him at the start of the last song, he had to quickly rush over to use rays mic before they bought out a replacement.

judging from the manchester board, we had the best crowd from the first two nights, they were insane! only one regret - the screaming at the start was so loud that i could barely here ddd speech from where i was, would of been good to hear that booming out but was really having to strain to hear it.

but apart from that it was one of the best nights of my life!!!