Don't have an account? Create one!

Straight Edge.

AuthorMessage
doctor.
In The Murder Scene
doctor.
January 5th, 2008 at 10:33am

I believe that the people that choose to live the Straight Edge lifestyle are incredibly strong. A lot of Straight Edge people are those who are happy with themselves and feel that drugs and alcohol are not what they need to have a good time.

I do think you can be Straight Edge at any time in your life since now the media and peers put more pressure on others to smoke, drink and follow a certain lifestyle. One that should not be seen as a good one.

I, myself, have never got drunk really, haven't taken drugs BUT I have drunk in moderation and my boyfriend and I have had pre-marital sex... so I don't think I could call myself completely straight edge, I do applaud people that are however.

DeadInTheWater
Fabulous Killjoy
DeadInTheWater
January 5th, 2008 at 01:56pm
some people are just natrually inclined to not enjoy drinking smoking ect so its easy for them

people say its easier for teenagers/younger people to be straight edge but really its not
in my personal opinion its harder, because when your an adult you wouldnt drink/smoke/take drugs to make you look cool in front of your mates or because of peer pressure ect.
love on her arms.
Bleeding on the Floor
love on her arms.
January 5th, 2008 at 05:34pm
Im not striaght edge but it kinda seems hard and you have to have lots of will power and i applaud any one who is straight edge Clap
Harlequinn
Salute You in Your Grave
Harlequinn
January 7th, 2008 at 09:38am
i'm straightedge, haha a lot of my friends are too so that really helps. we can all be support for each other.

and thank u die romantic Smile
xxSweetxxRevengexx
Killjoy
xxSweetxxRevengexx
January 16th, 2008 at 12:42am
I try and lead as Straight Edge a lifestyle as I can. I try to avoid painkillers for a headache or something, and definitely do not ever drink or smoke. But I'm wondering about something, I've been feeling crappy lately and the counsellor at my school thinks I might be depressed or have low iron (that makes people feel depressed) and to make a doctor's appointment. My Mom has made an appointment but I'm wondering what I do if they decide to give me some kind of pill for it. Do I really have a good choice, or is it just "live with depression" and "take pills feel better"? I don't even know for sure if it is what the counsellor said but I'm kind of hoping it's something I don't need medication for. : / The one other thing is that I haven't told my Mom I'm Straight Edge (even though it's a good thing). : S
Brand New.
Demolition Lover
Brand New.
January 26th, 2008 at 11:30pm
I'm VERY straight-edge.

Like, to the point where I try to avoid people who drink at school.

Being the way i am has caused alot of problems.

I've lost friends because of it.

I stand up for what i believe in, which is why i've managed to keep going even with the loss of friends.

I think the world would be alot better if more people were straight-edge.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
January 27th, 2008 at 12:08am
See, i think that's wrong. I don't do anything, but most of my friends smoke weed, smoke cigs, and drink. You can hold a steady relationship and hold your values at the same time without a problem. There is no need to shut somebody out because they have a different lifestyle then you do. The idea of socializing is to connect with all different types of people.

I myself am glad that the world is so full of diverse people that have different beliefs, and love to try different things. I wouldn't change any of my beer drinking, weed smoking, cancer-stick loving friends for the world. Their vices are a strong part of their personality, and it makes me love them all the more!
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
January 27th, 2008 at 04:28am
Masquerade.:
the loss of friends.

I think the world would be alot better if more people were straight-edge.

Why though?
That's a very outward statement to make, which holds no truth whatsoever.
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
January 27th, 2008 at 12:09pm

i used to drink
and i dont drink anymore
cos its pretty much illegal at my age

ii dont understand why you need a label to stay sober and abstonant
as far as im concerned is people are so concerned about being labelled so badly who do they label themselves as straight edge ?

wild like children.
In The Murder Scene
wild like children.
January 27th, 2008 at 01:13pm
I have a few friends that are straightegde. And they seem to be way stronger and happier than the rest of us.
And I love the fact that they don't push it down our throats.
Sometimes, they'll suggest that maybe we should cut down, but they know that it's our lives to live.
Volt-Zorg Boy
Awake and Unafraid
Volt-Zorg Boy
January 27th, 2008 at 05:47pm
Migtendo.:

i used to drink
and i dont drink anymore

as far as im concerned is people are so concerned about being labelled so badly who do they label themselves as straight edge ?

the straight edge label is not a bad one
and who said we were labeling anyone?
Toronado
Bleeding on the Floor
Toronado
January 27th, 2008 at 09:16pm
Migtendo.:

i used to drink
and i dont drink anymore

I've found that if you call yourself straight edge, people don't pressure you to drink/do drugs as much as they would if you didn't.
I'm only fourteen, but I consider myself straight edge - most of my friends drink a lot, a few of them are teenage alcoholics, and I don't want to end up like that. Before I started calling myself straight edge, they would pretty much force the alcohol into my hand; now they just accept that I don't drink or anything like that, and probably never will.
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
January 27th, 2008 at 10:52pm
Well when i get offered a drink
i usually just say no thanks i dont want one .
and walk off.
if im getting pressured .
ill just leave.
that usually makes it abundantly clear that i dont want to drink and if your friends are forcing you to drink after youve said no well. shows you about how much they care ayy
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
January 27th, 2008 at 10:54pm
Volt-Zorg Boy:
the straight edge label is not a bad one
and who said we were labeling anyone?

ii never said it was a bad one .
good for you if you dont drink fuck and smoke .
but neither do ii , im just saying ive never seen the need for
all the labelling and what not concerning my lifestyle .
i kinda see it is as pointless .

i mean i can not drink , fuck and smoke weed
without telling everyone im straight edge.

DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
January 27th, 2008 at 10:57pm
I agree with you. I never understood why people can't just say "I don't do this"

It seems a little..almost biggotted and self important to say that you are straight edge. I never liked the word, and tend to make fun of people who use it (though I am technically "straight edge" myself)
Volt-Zorg Boy
Awake and Unafraid
Volt-Zorg Boy
January 27th, 2008 at 11:04pm
i use it so that i don't have to explain every decision i make to random people

"drug free" is also used alot
infact, it's on one of my hoodies
mcrfanwhore101
Killjoy
mcrfanwhore101
January 28th, 2008 at 09:13pm
I'm sXe for sure. Its just not in my belifes to do stuff like drinking.
whitney.
Shotgun Sinner
whitney.
January 29th, 2008 at 10:56am
I completely respect if you want to be 'striaght edge' and drug free.
But honestly, when you're under 18 and call yourself 'straight edge', is is anything more than obeying the law...?
I'm definitely not straight edge, and I'm definitely not a hardcore druggie.
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
January 30th, 2008 at 12:09am

i totally agree with you .

Sid
Salute You in Your Grave
Sid
January 30th, 2008 at 11:18pm
Credit goes out to Straight Edge people and everything but I don't get why people are always so 'wow you're straight edge good for you'.

You can be not straight edge and have a normal life shock horror!

Personally, I find that most of straight edgers I know are only straight due to an addiction they used to suffer from (alcohol and drugs mainly) and I think they're the ones who deserve real credit other than the people who 'just never liked the idea of alcohol' or whatever.

I occasionally drink, I've smoked pot at a party or two, I smoke cigarettes but I am still a virgin and I get good grades in school. So for anyone who looks down on people who aren't straight edge ('cause I have met a few)...HA to you good sir! Ha indeed.

Apart from that, whatever, I don't really give a shizzle.