AuthorMessage
Radio Saturday
Salute You in Your Grave
Radio Saturday
April 17th, 2008 at 08:10am
Volt-Zorg Boy:
^swear?
most sxe kids i know have themouths of sailors

I just know that some of them don't swear, either, which is why I put that in. That's all. Very Happy
Volt-Zorg Boy
Awake and Unafraid
Volt-Zorg Boy
April 17th, 2008 at 10:06am
Radio Saturday:
Volt-Zorg Boy:
^swear?
most sxe kids i know have themouths of sailors

I just know that some of them don't swear, either, which is why I put that in. That's all. Very Happy
ahh
just so you know
that is definatly not a requirement
Radio Saturday
Salute You in Your Grave
Radio Saturday
April 17th, 2008 at 12:43pm
No, I know, I just thought I'd fucking mention it. (Sorry. Can't resist a joke.)

</threadjack>
Volt-Zorg Boy
Awake and Unafraid
Volt-Zorg Boy
April 17th, 2008 at 01:50pm
hahahaha
win
so i was in german today, and this older 'untraditional' student said something to me, and my response was 'i don't drink, so it doesn't matter' he responded with 'oh so you think you're better then me' but in a joking voice
it took so much self control to not say "yes" and pull a serious face
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
April 18th, 2008 at 10:59pm
Volt-Zorg Boy:
hahahaha
win
so i was in german today, and this older 'untraditional' student said something to me, and my response was 'i don't drink, so it doesn't matter' he responded with 'oh so you think you're better then me' but in a joking voice

So, let me get this straight; you think you're better than people who drink etc., just because you don't? Or was that just a joke...?
Volt-Zorg Boy
Awake and Unafraid
Volt-Zorg Boy
April 19th, 2008 at 11:51am
Sprinkles:
Volt-Zorg Boy:
hahahaha
win

So, let me get this straight; you think you're better than people who drink etc., just because you don't? Or was that just a joke...?
^it was a joke, don't worry

because if i would of said it witha serious face, i woul dof broken into giggles within ten second
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
April 19th, 2008 at 08:23pm
^Haha, okay. For a tic there I thought you were being serious, and I was like, "what the...?"
mollz
Salute You in Your Grave
mollz
April 20th, 2008 at 02:34am
off the heezay!:

But honestly, when you're under 18 and call yourself 'straight edge', is it anything more than obeying the law...?
Not necessarily.
I could honestly tell you that more than half of my school has done or still does drugs, drinks alcohol, and has sex. Most of the half is under 18.

There's always the pressure of giving in for teens and some think they'll be socially accepted by their peers if they do drugs, drink, and have sex.
not tonight
Thinking Happy Thoughts
not tonight
April 21st, 2008 at 11:29pm
mollerskates:
off the heezay!:

But honestly, when you're under 18 and call yourself 'straight edge', is it anything more than obeying the law...?
Not necessarily.
I could honestly tell you that more than half of my school has done or still does drugs, drinks alcohol, and has sex. Most of the half is under 18.

There's always the pressure of giving in for teens and some think they'll be socially accepted by their peers if they do drugs, drink, and have sex.

A lot of people think it's just obeying the law but I honestly think its harder for people under 18. And it isn't exactly impossible for them to get alchohol or drugs either.
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
April 27th, 2008 at 11:15am

i find that alot of edge kids kinda think its them against the world you know .. "people dont accept my lifestyle" ect ect

but youll find that people do accept their lifestyle and they just happen to think
that people think that way.

xXxGeeLuver4LifexXx
Killjoy
xXxGeeLuver4LifexXx
April 27th, 2008 at 09:28pm
The world would be safer...but boring. i mean, where would all the hi people be wen u want to have fun?
Volt-Zorg Boy
Awake and Unafraid
Volt-Zorg Boy
April 27th, 2008 at 11:07pm
Migatron.:

i find that alot of edge kids kinda think its them against the world you know .. "people dont accept my lifestyle" ect ect

but youll find that people do accept their lifestyle and they just happen to think
that people think that way.

both sides of that are true
some people understand and go "oh okay, cool, whatever"
while other people will ... well
in that case it is us vs. them
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
April 28th, 2008 at 09:56am

well i mean if you put it in that way "us vs them"
you kinda make it into a more agressive ideal then
when really it shouldnt be something tha you advertise .

like if someone asks you for a drink you just say no thanks i dont drink
rather than going the whole nah im straight edge i dont do this this this this this ect
. ive mentioned a few times how i dont really buy into the idea of putting a name on something that doesnt need it.
Citizen Erased.
Salute You in Your Grave
Citizen Erased.
April 28th, 2008 at 11:12am
I'm very proud to be straight edge. No one around here even knows what it is. No
Volt-Zorg Boy
Awake and Unafraid
Volt-Zorg Boy
April 28th, 2008 at 11:12am
if people accept it like they say you do
you're lucky

i know a lot of people who do the "just one drink!" thing, it's rather annoying
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
May 1st, 2008 at 02:13pm

well if you feel strongly enough about it
youll just leave then. honestly things can be handled alot better
if you just discretely mention you dont drink.

going the whole ten yards and putting a sticker on something that you dont need to label is just redundant. i mean first off. alot of people in here claim theyre straight edge and are under legal drinking age and under sexual consent age, as far as most people are concerned these people are just following the law.

Volt-Zorg Boy
Awake and Unafraid
Volt-Zorg Boy
May 1st, 2008 at 03:40pm
that's the beauty of straight edge
it is what you make it

if you are, and don't feel like labeling youself it, don't
simple as that
if you feel that you need to say it say it

arguing over a philosophy that everyone takes a different way is boringly redundant
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
May 2nd, 2008 at 08:29am
Apocalypse Please:
I'm very proud to be straight edge. No one around here even knows what it is. No

Would you mind enlightening us then, because obviously we are all so misinformed according to you.

--

I agree mainly with Migatron. I can't help but think that people who are, say, 13 and say they're "straight edge" are just being good little kiddies and following the law.
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
May 2nd, 2008 at 11:43am
techno cocaine.:
Apocalypse Please:

Would you mind enlightening us then, because obviously we are all so misinformed according to you.

I do belive she was referring to where she lives.
JadeTiger712
Motor Baby
JadeTiger712
May 2nd, 2008 at 12:33pm
I don't fully understand why people say that people under 18 aren't really straigt edge. Perhaps people who are under 16 who claim to be edge aren't right to claim that, but once you hit 16,17 there is a pressure that is added because alot of people at that age party and it takes alot of guts to stand up and say that you don't do that.

I claim to be edge and I am only 17. There is pressure to drink and I have chosen to stand above that.

Does anyone think that what I said is wrong,