Don't have an account? Create one!

Questions for Moderators and Administrators

AuthorMessage
BetSiTa
Bleeding on the Floor
BetSiTa
October 18th, 2009 at 06:58pm
Heeey... anyone... well... actually, not... I need to ask the admin to delete a post a made long ago in the EspaƱol subforum... I just realized i can't do it and it has been like dead for so long... it was like a story, nothing too important, but somebody ask me to erase it since she wrote her full name on it and now she cannot have it published on line... The name of the post is Welcome to fucking Ney Jersey.
I just can't find where to click in order to delete it... PLEEEEAAAASEEEEE!! Help Sad

PS: I posted this question here http://www.imnotokay.net/board/topic/post/11676949/#11676949 I'm sorry, I didn't know about this topic. Erase that one too. :$
Search and Destroy
Search and Destroy
October 19th, 2009 at 04:41am
BetSiTa:
We do not delete posts or threads on request, I will however edit out the persons name if you PM me the link to the post and the name to be removed from the post
Thanks
Helmee Bluth
In The Murder Scene
Helmee Bluth
October 20th, 2009 at 12:22am
Search and Destroy:
BetSiTa:
We do not delete posts or threads on request.
Really? I've seen it happen in the past.
If this is a policy to not delete posts of a user who asks you to, why?
Jenny.
Jenny.
October 20th, 2009 at 03:25pm
Have you? It's been a general rule among us not to do so, so I don't know where you've been seeing that. Perhaps on another forum?

An exception to the rule is when there are personal details, such as names and phone numbers, etc.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
October 20th, 2009 at 03:54pm
The reason we don't delete posts is for a number of reasons....these are just a few.

1) If you remove individual posts from a thread often the threads then don't make sense.
2) If we deleted every post that people wanted removed the staff would spend all their time deleting posts, there are other things that we have to do on the site.
3) Many posts that people want removing are because they have changed their minds about something they have said, maybe they are embarrassed about liking a band in the past or something similar. We do no delete these threads/posts mainly because the information is already out there.

We havent deleted posts since I've been on the staff and Dujo was the one who advised me not to delete users posts. As Jenny said about, the only exception to the rule is if a users personal safety has been compromised by the posting of personal details.
Helmee Bluth
In The Murder Scene
Helmee Bluth
October 20th, 2009 at 06:07pm
Huh! You learn something new every day.
I saw an exchange between a girl who used to post poems on here (I can't remember the username, it was something with "xXx",) and Jules the mod. The girl asked why Jules deleted all her posts (poems included), and Jules said the girl asked her to. I believe those posts were somewhere in the Suggestions and Feedback section.

It makes sense that you don't. Thanks for answering.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
October 20th, 2009 at 06:15pm
Some times we do make exceptions with poetry threads, mainly because the person who has posted the poetry is the "owner" of that work. I guess that must have been the case.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
October 22nd, 2009 at 09:43pm
Yes, sometimes there are legal reasons; for example I have had a user ask me a few times to remove specific poetry because it was being published and therefore could not be anywhere else on the web.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
December 21st, 2009 at 07:10am

I've seen that the Phobias thread in the discussion board has been locked as it isn't informative for a discussion. I do have points against the locking of the board (such as discussing why certain phobias exist) but I agree that a phenomenal amount of people ignored several warnings not to post their personal phobias.
However it can be argued that people are doing it in the Labels thread too. Many people are posting that "I'm called ________ all the time!" or "So many people call me ________ and they need to stop!"
I'm just curious as to why one thread was locked, while the other wasn't?
Search and Destroy
Search and Destroy
December 21st, 2009 at 06:01pm
It would seem that because they failed to actually discuss phobias, even after being warned a few times it was locked.

I have looked at the Labels thread and have posted a reminder in there.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
December 22nd, 2009 at 01:17pm
Yes, thank you for pointing it out. it's a process. ^^;
MyMetalProphetMuse
Motor Baby
MyMetalProphetMuse
December 31st, 2009 at 04:40am
Okay this is strange...I make my text colored. In the preview it shows up colored, but when it gets posted the colored text doesn't show...it only shows up white!

Test Text

To prove that there is code in the example above:
[ color=Red ]Test Text[ /color ]
Jenny.
Jenny.
December 31st, 2009 at 07:10am
Coloured font in text had been disabled quite some time ago, because some people were using colours that were impossible to see. I don't know if we'll be getting it back.
MyMetalProphetMuse
Motor Baby
MyMetalProphetMuse
December 31st, 2009 at 09:32pm
haymitch abernathy.:
Coloured font in text had been disabled quite some time ago, because some people were using colours that were impossible to see. I don't know if we'll be getting it back.

Aww...why do people have to go and abuse the privilege of using colors in text (in posts) by using colors that are hard to see.

If it that ability ever comes back only allow colors like Dark Blue, Crimson, Red, Blue, White, and other colors that are easy to see!

Oh how ironic, my signature had a color that was almost impossible to see...Dark Red!
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
January 1st, 2010 at 12:11am
Oh_My_Bloody_Romance:
Oh how ironic, my signature had a color that was almost impossible to see...Dark Red!
signatures aren't much of an issue, so don't worry about those...
MyMetalProphetMuse
Motor Baby
MyMetalProphetMuse
January 1st, 2010 at 02:30pm
lycia.:
signatures aren't much of an issue, so don't worry about those...

ooookay, but it really was difficult to read before I changed it to crimson.

Imagine this: If you were looking at an entertaining sig, but part of that sig was written in a color that blended in with the board background (like the text was dark red and we all know that depending on the template...the background of the board could be black).
Search and Destroy
Search and Destroy
January 1st, 2010 at 03:26pm
Oh_My_Bloody_Romance:

Imagine this: If you were looking at an entertaining sig, but part of that sig was written in a color that blended in with the board background (like the text was dark red and we all know that depending on the template...the background of the board could be black).
It's all about your own personal choice, if you find your own sig hard to read in a certain colour, change it!

Don't forget that there are different templates on INO, so you might be using the default template which you find it hard to read your sig on but others will be using another template like the one with the white background for example which would be easy to read a dark red sig on.

You choose your sig colour, and which template you want to use, it's a personal choice.

If you are reading a sig that blends into the background colour, just highlight it if you want to know what it says.

I know I put no thought into if my sig will show up on another template, so long as I like how it shows up on the one I use I'm not madly fussed how other people see it, but that might just be me.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
January 1st, 2010 at 08:13pm
Oh_My_Bloody_Romance:

I'd just highlight it *shrug*. It seriously doesn't matter, nobody really cares to make their signature compatible with other templates. If people care enough they'll highlight them.
MyMetalProphetMuse
Motor Baby
MyMetalProphetMuse
January 13th, 2010 at 05:12am
Now I really have a question...How do I change that icon by my username?
Jenny.
Jenny.
January 13th, 2010 at 05:31am
It's the "my moods" bit. If you have IE you won't be able to see them.