Don't have an account? Create one!

What do your parents think about MCR?

AuthorMessage
Miss Nimrod
Jazz Hands
Miss Nimrod
December 3rd, 2007 at 03:37pm
JaysTrblMkr:
My mom LOVES them! She really wants them to come back here so she can go to the concert!

Mine too. We both cried when we couldnt get tickets for the November shows. I was real sad 'cause it was my birthday.
XxX-QueenOfRock-XxX
Killjoy
XxX-QueenOfRock-XxX
December 3rd, 2007 at 08:57pm
My Mum Loves Mcr So Much. She Is Also A Gerard's Fan! My Dad likes them too Smile
Helenashouseofwolves
Joining The Black Parade
Helenashouseofwolves
December 4th, 2007 at 01:00am
My mom says she's happy they bring joy to my life. My dad's indifferent. He doesn't really give a damn what I listen to, as long as it doesn't have any negative effects of on my behavior.
harry goldfarb.
Bleeding on the Floor
harry goldfarb.
December 4th, 2007 at 01:31am
My mom likes the song Give Em Hell, Kid...but that's all I know she likes. My dad doesn't really give a damn, but says they're better than those "bands who scream and you can't understand a damn word they're saying."
Anarchy.
Killjoy
Anarchy.
December 12th, 2007 at 04:45pm
Both my parents love them. My mom does more than my dad though. My mom is always checking to see if there is more tour dates, lol. She also has been the one taking me to everyone of their concerts or appearances. And she even got me to meet Gerard and Frank (kissing up to security...). My dad will listen to them and watch LOTMS with me..but it's not like he is a huggee fan.
Lost In Translation
Motor Baby
Lost In Translation
December 12th, 2007 at 05:20pm
My dad thinks they're awesome, he sings along to WTTBP but he only knows a few words, so he makes up shit, god, but my dad is hilarious, seriously. My mom doesn't even know what they're music sounds like, but atleast she sounds interested when i speak about them, she's seen pics though, she thinks Gerard is scary!! WAAA!! But later on said he was a cutie!! Whoo my stepmom thinks Gerard is gorgeous! But my dad still thinks they're awesomeVery Happy
baby ruthless
Salute You in Your Grave
baby ruthless
December 12th, 2007 at 06:28pm
My mom hates themand called them devils >:[
and my dad doesnt really care
he actually watched an interview w/ me of Gerard and Bob
baby ruthless
Salute You in Your Grave
baby ruthless
December 12th, 2007 at 06:29pm
serene dream:
ive never seen my dad obsessed with anyone so much before. He refused to talk to me for days after i met them...both times. He has the biggest thing for Frank, ever. It started when i took him to see taking back sunday and mcr were supporting, when they were performing he turned round to me and said "i just want to take frank home and cook him some dinner" since then its got worse. I cant remember the time i heard him listening to anything else.
Ive recently started talking to my mum again (long story) and i found out how much she loves them, she has a thing for bob though. She saw them at the beginning of the year and she met them. So all in all i have over obsessive parents Very Happy

ugh you're so lucky!
you don't even know
Fading Sanity
Bleeding on the Floor
Fading Sanity
December 12th, 2007 at 06:44pm
gosh... i'm jealous reading how alot of your parents love mcr lol

my dad thinks they're okay. He only really knows their new stuff and doesn't believe me when i tell him how amazing their lyrics are. "oh yeah, they manage to make the F word sound so meaningful" he says =P
My mom thinks they are dark and depressing.
But everyone in my family loves "teenagers". *bangs head repeatidly*
winchester.
Touched by Angels
winchester.
December 12th, 2007 at 07:18pm
My mum likes the film clip for Helena.
But my dad calls it 'noise'.
I'm like dude, if it is noise, you are to old.
But he lets me listen to it really loud in the car.
I don't get it he is weird.
My mum likes it cos of the like, artistic expression or whatever she calls it.
october_sky
Killjoy
october_sky
December 12th, 2007 at 08:12pm
My mum doesnt know they, she hates rock.
But my dad likes classical rock and metal, and he thinks they have got good guitarists, but he thinks i shouldnt listening that music :/ But he think im stupid, little girl...
My older brother thinks mcr are emo Evil or Very Mad
WtrCoolrxRomance
Killjoy
WtrCoolrxRomance
December 12th, 2007 at 08:19pm
Oddly enough, my parents really like My Chem. My mom hated them at first but I made her sit down and watch the video diary and ever since then she's has so much respect for them. Her ringtone is FLW and she even came to the Black Parade tour with me! (Not to mention she thinks Ray is the most beastly man ever.) My dad likes them too, even if he didn't appreciate Gerard's "bases" as much as I did. Naughty
CarcinogenCrush
Jazz Hands
CarcinogenCrush
December 12th, 2007 at 09:10pm
My mom told me Gerard looked like Steve Martin. And she refers to them as 'that group'. Then she goes around trying to tell people, "Oh, my daughter likes My Romance." Shocked
Harlequinn
Salute You in Your Grave
Harlequinn
December 16th, 2007 at 12:47pm
my dad likes them, he actually got me started listening to music. he didnt recognize them when he saw Helena the other day tho since hes only seen TBP videos before lol
my mom is pretty old fashioned though so she doesn't really like music in general...she surprised me the other day tho by noticing belts that had linkin park and mcr on them!!!
plastic bitch!
Banned
plastic bitch!
December 16th, 2007 at 12:53pm
my mom doesnt give a fuck about my music.i never knew my father so yea.
Mike Dirnt
Salute You in Your Grave
Mike Dirnt
December 16th, 2007 at 01:35pm
My mom likes them. Her favourite song is Teenagers.
My dad doesn't really take an interest tbh.
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
December 16th, 2007 at 05:55pm
Mom is obsessed, too.
elphie.
Bulletproof Heart
elphie.
December 16th, 2007 at 06:16pm
My mum and stepdad aren't fans but my mum thinks, and I quote, that "MCR are a bunch of cuties - especially Ray and Mikey." She also admits to having a little crush on Gerard Tehe and she used to think Frank was a pervert.. [haha don't ask] but that all changed when I showed her LOTMS. Now she thinks he's a really cool guy xD and Bob; my mum likes Bob. Very Happy Her favourite songs are WTTBP and FLW Smile

My stepdad doesn't really like them.. he prefers dance/club music Disgust
daneeissxc.
Jazz Hands
daneeissxc.
December 16th, 2007 at 08:35pm
My mom thinks they're a bunch of vampires. XD
My dad actually doesn't mind them, but he doesn't listen to them.
TheWackyShack
Killjoy
TheWackyShack
December 16th, 2007 at 11:59pm
She thinx they are a bad Example and that i shouldnt listen 2 them (she banned me from them!) but i still do. She'd kill me if She knew.