Don't have an account? Create one!

What do your parents think about MCR?

AuthorMessage
MCR5825
Killjoy
MCR5825
September 18th, 2005 at 08:59pm
My Mom is the one who actually started my interest in the band. She has both albums and plays them throughout the day at home and in the car! She has been into them for a while! She says she hasn't heard a band in a long time that she has totally fallen for! She also thinks Gerard is so hot!!!!!

She has gone to ALOT of their concerts and since I have gotten into them has taken me too. She has actually me them backstage -TOOOO COOOOL!!!!!!!!!! My mom is totally neat!
~Never Coming Home~
Killjoy
~Never Coming Home~
September 18th, 2005 at 09:02pm
My dad thinks they're ugly. But he likes them way more then Green Day...
circa leena
Salute You in Your Grave
circa leena
September 18th, 2005 at 09:04pm
mommy thinks they're all ugly. but she finds justin pierre from MCS cute.
I ARE TRISH.HEAR ME ROAR!
Salute You in Your Grave
I ARE TRISH.HEAR ME ROAR!
September 18th, 2005 at 09:06pm
my parents think they`re scary. it makes meh laugh.
bad_butterfly
Killjoy
bad_butterfly
September 18th, 2005 at 09:30pm
my mom doesn't mind them...she say its a nice break from Guns N' Roses.....and I'm not sure about my dad..
~Amber~
Motor Baby
~Amber~
September 18th, 2005 at 09:47pm
my mom luvs em in fact she took me to the warped tour in barrie to see em, she also asks to listen to their cds in the car .... also were both very excited for there next concert near us Smile lol im lucky i guess
Sammy Ammy
Awake and Unafraid
Sammy Ammy
September 19th, 2005 at 01:29am
My mom tolerates them. She doesn't like them and she doesn't hate them. She'll listen to it when I have it playing but it's not her music of choice. She also tolerates my Mikey and Gerard obssession.

My dad is just oblivious to my whole MCR craze. He doesn't know who they are and doesn't care to know about them.

Also, I'm surprised my niece likes them.... She's a pop princess girl (hilary duff & what not) but I had her listen to some of their songs and she thought they were really good. I was a bit surprised.
Angel of Unknown
Killjoy
Angel of Unknown
September 19th, 2005 at 01:50am
my mom likes em, she sings along when i have music on and went to a concert with me, she also says gerard's cute hehe

my father thinks it's crap on a stick, but he does like i'm not okay though...
feel_the_romance
Killjoy
feel_the_romance
September 19th, 2005 at 01:53am
Im in the same boat as Hello Angel. My mum hates em ... sept she calls it Em crap, she keeps forgeting there is an O on the end. DAD LOVES EM! he also loves Green day, he is taking me to the concert in Aussie on the 17th of Decemeber. My mum also thought that Gerard was a girl, bitch, mum doesnt like any of the bands i like. Spesh the used. I asked her what would she do if i brought someone who looked like Gerard home and she said she would get dad to get him outa here. And i was like * snaps heart in two * how could she?
Angel of Unknown
Killjoy
Angel of Unknown
September 19th, 2005 at 02:03am
me mom doesn't even known what EMO is, it hasn't crossed the border yet, if it wasn't for internet i wouldn't know either
I think it's so freaking funny that my mom likes it, at the concert she sang along with helena and everytime I play headfirst for halo's she says, hé that's MCR right? hehehe wonder if she listened to the lyrics
i never got to meet them though Sad after the concert I.. forgot... :S
Starlight
Bleeding on the Floor
Starlight
September 19th, 2005 at 02:10am
my mum hasnt herd any of their music but she lets me buy their c.d's and things.i dont think she would hav a problem with them tho, she loves billie joe and green day lol she has their c.ds.
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
September 19th, 2005 at 03:06am
i listen to it when im in the car with my mum sometimes, and she doesnt really mind, she even sings along too, lol.

and i dont think my dad has heard them. meh.
*-*Soldier Side*-*
Jazz Hands
*-*Soldier Side*-*
September 19th, 2005 at 03:08am
My parents think they are copycats, just because the re-did Jack the Ripper, All I Want For Christmas and Under Pressure. COME ON!!! 3 FUCKING SONGS!! ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!! They will one day regret calling them copycats,
*-*Soldier Side*-*
Jazz Hands
*-*Soldier Side*-*
September 19th, 2005 at 03:09am
PS---Bastards
Little Miss Sunshine
Jazz Hands
Little Miss Sunshine
September 19th, 2005 at 03:22am
Mum heard Early Sunsets...and thought it was depressing..Oh well, she doesnt mind..much...But i caught her humming and tapping her hand along to I'm Not Okay ( I Promise), so i think she secretly likes them, but it just pretending not to...as for dad..well..hes not here anymore, so he wouldnt know..

BTW, Helena made it to #2 on the ARIA charts over here in AUST.
*-*Soldier Side*-*
Jazz Hands
*-*Soldier Side*-*
September 19th, 2005 at 03:26am
Ahh, mothers seem to like that stuff nowadays. Interesting.
serene dream
Salute You in Your Grave
serene dream
September 19th, 2005 at 03:29am
MikeyToasters:
serene dream:
ive never seen my dad obsessed with anyone so much before. He refused to talk to me for days after i met them...both times. He has the biggest thing for Frank, ever. It started when i took him to see taking back sunday and mcr were supporting, when they were performing he turned round to me and said "i just want to take frank home and cook him some dinner" since then its got worse. I cant remember the time i heard him listening to anything else.
Ive recently started talking to my mum again (long story) and i found out how much she loves them, she has a thing for bob though. She saw them at the beginning of the year and she met them. So all in all i have over obsessive parents Very Happy

You have the best dad. . . . .EVER. Shocked
that is very true Very Happy if i could tell you half the stuff about him i would but theres so much Very Happy i love my dad.
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
September 19th, 2005 at 03:36am
serene dream:
MikeyToasters:
serene dream:
ive never seen my dad obsessed with anyone so much before. He refused to talk to me for days after i met them...both times. He has the biggest thing for Frank, ever. It started when i took him to see taking back sunday and mcr were supporting, when they were performing he turned round to me and said "i just want to take frank home and cook him some dinner" since then its got worse. I cant remember the time i heard him listening to anything else.
Ive recently started talking to my mum again (long story) and i found out how much she loves them, she has a thing for bob though. She saw them at the beginning of the year and she met them. So all in all i have over obsessive parents Very Happy

You have the best dad. . . . .EVER. Shocked
that is very true Very Happy if i could tell you half the stuff about him i would but theres so much Very Happy i love my dad.
That's just so cool! I want cool parents. Cool
MyChemMomma
Killjoy
MyChemMomma
September 19th, 2005 at 03:47am

Hi! I registered just so I could respond to this thread.

I'm glad to see that so many of you have parents that like MCR. I wondered if I was the only mom who did, lol. My 13 yr old is huge fan, she adores Mikey Smile I heard a few of their songs when she played them, but didn't pay much attention until I saw the "I'm Not Okay" video. It reminds me of my sucky high school days, I had to endure a bunch of preppy jerks. Now, I've acquainted myself with more of their music and have liked pretty well everything I've heard so far. Gerard is a great vocalist, the rest of the guys are extremely talented too. ( I found this website looking for info on the band. )

I really don't understand parents who dismiss their kid's music w/o giving it a chance. That's the same thing we complained about when we were kids, our parents didn't like our music either. Punk was just beginning to gain popularity when I was in high school (early 80's). Today's music is just an extension of that. In most cases much improved.

Mom
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
September 19th, 2005 at 03:54am
MyChemMomma:

Hi! I registered just so I could respond to this thread.

I'm glad to see that so many of you have parents that like MCR. I wondered if I was the only mom who did, lol. My 13 yr old is huge fan, she adores Mikey Smile I heard a few of their songs when she played them, but didn't pay much attention until I saw the "I'm Not Okay" video. It reminds me of my sucky high school days, I had to endure a bunch of preppy jerks. Now, I've acquainted myself with more of their music and have liked pretty well everything I've heard so far. Gerard is a great vocalist, the rest of the guys are extremely talented too. ( I found this website looking for info on the band. )

I really don't understand parents who dismiss their kid's music w/o giving it a chance. That's the same thing we complained about when we were kids, our parents didn't like our music either. Punk was just beginning to gain popularity when I was in high school (early 80's). Today's music is just an extension of that. In most cases much improved.

Mom
you're a cool mum. Cool