Don't have an account? Create one!

What do your parents think about MCR?

AuthorMessage
DeadFish
Fabulous Killjoy
DeadFish
January 9th, 2008 at 02:25pm
Everytime my mom is home she's like ''Turn of that depressing muic!''
Cuz when she's not home I allways turn on mcr on iTunes quite high x)

Hehe x'D
dom howard.
Banned
dom howard.
January 9th, 2008 at 02:27pm
She thinks I still like them O.O
Liar_Scarring
Killjoy
Liar_Scarring
January 9th, 2008 at 05:25pm
My parents can't stand them. My mother tries to respect them since she knows I am in love with them, but I can tell she wishes I liked Hilary Duff or something. My father, who is more of a child than I am, hates them also. My father is really childish and likes to get people upset, mostly me. We don't have very much of a relationship besides yelling at each and hitting each other (not in an abusive way, but more like you would hit a friend, nothing creepy). He likes to get me angry by calling Gerard gay twenty four seven. I couldn't care less if Gerard was gay or not, but it's like he's putting him down and that can annoy me. It also bothers me because he calls him "Gayrard". So I torture him with MCR goodness all day on the blast. XXXXDD I can do that, I'm homeschooled.
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
January 16th, 2008 at 09:01am
my parents dont mind some of the songs.
more the new stuff they like.
after watching a bit of LOTMS with me, my mum wants to give gerard a big cuddle cos he makes her sad. lol. she sees a pic of him and she;s like "oh! he needs a cuddle!!"
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
January 16th, 2008 at 09:02am
my friends dad always calls mcr "my the used romance". hahaha. and he always calls bert mccracken phil.
you know... phil mccracken. feel my cracekn... lol.
xHARDC0RE-CHARLiE
Fabulous Killjoy
xHARDC0RE-CHARLiE
January 16th, 2008 at 09:39am
My mother likes a couple of songs, as long as she "doesn't have to see the band performing", as she express it. She's fucking nuts.

My father thinks they will have me suicidal once again. He doesn't get a thing. They saved my life. That's just fact.
Candle lit killer
Killjoy
Candle lit killer
January 16th, 2008 at 11:40am
My parents absolutely hate the music I listen to.

My mum is like Shocked at the amount of posters that have accumilated in my room over the years. She thinks that the people i listen to look like zombies or look dead, apart from one poster that she likes of mikey where she says he has nice lips 0.o

My dad on the other hand thinks I am suicidal! I was sooo annoyed that he said that to me. He thinks that i will slit my wrists T.T .He doesnt know that the music I listen to prevents self harm......bastard! He hates the way I look. He says I look like a child wearing the amount of eyeliner wear.

so yeah.......they hate it.. they think it has changed my attitude to everyone else when i think i havent changed at all.
Does anyone else have that problem??
lae-lae17
Killjoy
lae-lae17
January 16th, 2008 at 03:40pm
my parents don't care if i listen to them , but my mom thinks that Gerard is a little cute
asterina
Really Not Okay
asterina
January 16th, 2008 at 11:57pm
for my parents the words "MCR" means
1. noisy music that they can't understand
2. a rockband with rough attitude (they never watch LOTMS with me"
3. weird make up and costume
Crushcrushcrush
Jazz Hands
Crushcrushcrush
January 17th, 2008 at 03:21pm
my dad hates them and my even my mom knows the lyircs to Welcome to the Black Parade(it'll come on the radio and she'll start singing with it and me lol)
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
January 18th, 2008 at 04:45am
demoliton lover:
my parents dont mind some of the songs.
more the new stuff they like.
after watching a bit of LOTMS with me, my mum wants to give gerard a big cuddle cos he makes her sad. lol. she sees a pic of him and she;s like "oh! he needs a cuddle!!"

That Is So SWEEEEEEEEEEET

1 of the first vids my mom actually caught was I Dont Love You. For a long time after that she called him the 'fella with the crying face' coz of his expressions in that particular vid.
Atavan Halen
Salute You in Your Grave
Atavan Halen
January 18th, 2008 at 06:50am
Mom kinda likes My Chem. She says Gerard's 'handsome' lol
She wants to go to their next show too Mr. Green

Dad absolutely hates 'em.
He says the singing is like 'howling wolves' and he calls them 'gothic freaks'

-shrug-
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
January 18th, 2008 at 10:31am
I've been going thru this thread, and it seems there are a lot of cool moms but a serious shortage of cool dads. the most common dad-insults so far are 'faggot/gay', 'freaks', 'suicidals'...hell, we should have an insult contest for the most cringe-worthy. its that bad eh?
Firefly.
Salute You in Your Grave
Firefly.
January 18th, 2008 at 10:46am
Yeeeeah, my stepmom think I am going to kill myself because of My Chem. That, or shoot up my high school. :/
Apathy Rocks!
Killjoy
Apathy Rocks!
January 18th, 2008 at 11:07pm
My mom and dad love 'em .

My mum sings INO at the top of her lungs and my dad keeps stealing our CDs...lolz.

He finally just got his own copies.
Marcher
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Marcher
January 18th, 2008 at 11:15pm
My mom is in love and finds Mikey "HAWWT" *shudders*
My dad has a guilty pleasure for them but won't admit it but I find him in the car sining along and when I watch LOTMS he watches from the kitchen pretending to read the paper
Apathy Rocks!
Killjoy
Apathy Rocks!
January 18th, 2008 at 11:16pm
Smile Niiiice.

Yea...my mom plans on "Using Ray to get to Gerard"....

*shudders*

That's just not right. She's like, 38!
Marcher
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Marcher
January 18th, 2008 at 11:25pm
BWHAHA using Ray to get to Gerard! Thats amazing.
My mom wants to use Gerard to get to Mikey, way to go through brothers and all.
Also she thinks that fact I'm playing bass and one day hopefully will be in a band I will somehow get to Mikey through the maginificance of the bass community O.o because you know, she won't be around 50 then or anything *shudders and tries to imagine other things*
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
January 19th, 2008 at 09:31am
Marcher:
My dad has a guilty pleasure for them but won't admit it but I find him in the car sining along and when I watch LOTMS he watches from the kitchen pretending to read the paper

that is just hilarious
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
January 24th, 2008 at 10:01pm
my dad calls Gerard Way, Gerard Gay i hate it.