Don't have an account? Create one!

What do your parents think about MCR?

AuthorMessage
ghosted.
Jazz Hands
ghosted.
December 27th, 2007 at 06:24pm
My Mum never had a problem with them to start with, she liked some of their songs.
And she fancied Ray.

(Lmao.)

But ever since I took her along to see them live at the O2 she thinks there bloody great!
She seems to mention the day to her friends all the time.
She was truely impressed with the stage works and band.
She said it was the best concert she'd ever been too.

You and me both honey.

LOL.
MCR_addict
Killjoy
MCR_addict
December 27th, 2007 at 06:27pm
ugg. lucky people
like i said above, my parents r religious and old fashioned...
especially my dad. mostly my dad
my mom might not mind some if thier songs now that i think on it...
but ya my dad hates them, and i have 2 hide my MCR cd's from him.
NeverTheSameAgain
Killjoy
NeverTheSameAgain
December 27th, 2007 at 06:39pm
My parents have only heard of WTTBP, and they don't really mind it, but don't hate it. Mr. Green
MCR_addict
Killjoy
MCR_addict
December 27th, 2007 at 06:41pm
once again, lucky you
KILL-SMILE.. xx
Killjoy
KILL-SMILE.. xx
December 29th, 2007 at 06:24pm
my parents hate them..
my mom and dad say i sould listen to happy music..
LIKE WTF!
[I WILL NEVER STOP LOVING THEM]
Folding Stars
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Folding Stars
December 29th, 2007 at 06:35pm

My dad likes them quite a bit. He loves coming to see them live with me. And after Download he had a rant on the way home about how those people who throw bottles "Obviously don't understand what they're all about." So yeah, he likes them, even though he never really directly says it to me. On the way to the Nottingham show though, he was talking to the taxi driver and was all "It's a sold-out show. They're one of the biggest bands in the world, you know.." That's pretty much my Dad's way of saying he likes them. xD

My mum was, technically speaking, into them before I was. Well, if one song counts. She likes them way more since she saw them live. She can't stop going on about it to anyone who'll listen. Her boss was talking to me about the concert, and he asked me if it was the highlight of my year, and I said yes, and my mum said it was the highlight of her year too, and how she felt like she knew them now.

never coming home.
Bleeding on the Floor
never coming home.
December 29th, 2007 at 06:54pm
---Well they aren't huge fans but I don't think they hate it. My dad likes a lot of older rock so he might like some songs.
Glitterlust
Salute You in Your Grave
Glitterlust
December 29th, 2007 at 07:05pm
my dad thinks theyre good.
my mum really likes them.
both my parents have the black parade in the car and they've both seen them twice.
my mum's gonna queue early for standing with me and my sister next time they tour england.
werard gay.
Crash Queen
werard gay.
December 30th, 2007 at 10:15pm
The first time I listened to MCR is during the era of The Ghost Of You. My father heard it and definitely he didn't like them because he told me that "Hey, you like that song?I don't even understand the lyrics!" Of course I got pissed because of my dad. I told him that it's good, especially the video. Then when I went to a mall with him and I asked him if I can borrow money to buy a cd, then he said it's okay. But he didn't have a chance to listen to the cd because after I bought that, he already went to middle east asia to work.

In my mom's case, at first she don't like them because this and that and blah blah. But when I let her hear the whole cd, she asked me what's the title of the track? (pertaining to cancer) then that's it, she loves cancer. She asked me to repeat it because it's wonderful. She also loves I don't love you and Disenchanted. One time, I heard her play Disenchanted very very loud. I just smiled.

~~But they didn't let me watch the concert. hmmm...
radio ga ga.
Demolition Lover
radio ga ga.
December 31st, 2007 at 02:27am
My parents LOVE MCR, they have for a really long time now. They've been to every show I went to of theirs except for one, and my mom has had TBP in her car for months now, because she wanted to listen to it, and my dad wants to get Revenge, I think, haha, but that's because I told him 'Helena' was about Gerard and Mikey's grandma who died, and my grandma, his mom, passed away, so I think he kinda likes it because of that, and he'll buy almost everything MCR that he see's, haha, and my mom, even though she thinks Gerard is gay, she thinks he's good looking, and when I was over my cousins house I was on here, and she wanted to go to the picture thread to look at Gee's pictures, haha, and she's got an MCRmy patch from the first show we went to on her one jacket, which is awesome, so yeah, my parents love them, and I'm happy that they do.<3

My little brother also likes them, but that's not what this thread is for, lmao.
AAAU
Joining The Black Parade
AAAU
December 31st, 2007 at 03:32am
^that's so cool!
i flipped out the other day in the car because my mom and i were listening to my music and some song went on that i guess sounded to her like mcr and she asked "what song is that? Mama?" it was sweet! she actually knew the name! and after telling her how excited i was about her knowing a name i asked her if she liked mcr she said something to the extent of "they've grown on me." that's insanely sweet for my mom because she's into like, european dancing music, haha.
Eclipse
Killjoy
Eclipse
December 31st, 2007 at 03:51am
Torey Pop.:
my mom says i should stop listening to them. she thinks i'm a destructive kid. she hates hates HATES mcr.

my dad- he walks into hot topic and buys like all the mcr t-shirts- "hey these are cool!" then he gives em all to me and forgets he was in there to buy a ramones t-shirt.

WOW, dude....Your profile says you're 86 years old, and your dad STILL goes to Hot Topic? No wonder he forgets he was in there...what is he, 110?

As for your mom...she probably hates them because they blast out her hearing aid.

I mean, seriously, if you're 86...I'd give them a break!!!

lol
ciara.
Crash Queen
ciara.
December 31st, 2007 at 05:19am
my dad kind of thinks their music is noise. ><

my dad a while ago: put up my chemical romance later for new year's eve. a good way to make a lot of noise without risking your hands to firecrackers haha.

wtf? ><
MCR_addict
Killjoy
MCR_addict
December 31st, 2007 at 03:14pm
The Frank Appeal;;:
my dad kind of thinks their music is noise. ><

my dad a while ago: put up my chemical romance later for new year's eve. a good way to make a lot of noise without risking your hands to firecrackers haha.

wtf? ><

haha, that made me laugh. that sounds kinda like something my dad would do....
Beautiful Nightmare
Killjoy
Beautiful Nightmare
December 31st, 2007 at 03:17pm
my parents don't realy care about them. They know i like them and thats all.
Demoliton Lovers
Killjoy
Demoliton Lovers
December 31st, 2007 at 04:37pm
my dad HATES them
first time time he listened to them we were liestening to dead in the truck
and hes all like "they remind me of greenday.."
and talkin bout how he likes greenday..how he met them at a bar..
**a month later**
we're listening to dead when hes taking me and my friend alexandra to church
and hes all like"im not real impressed with their lyrics.."
he cant stand me anymore bcuz i dont listen to country..jerk.
my mom....i dont really know if she likes them or not..i think she might..
Lostinstereo_
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Lostinstereo_
January 3rd, 2008 at 03:33pm
My mum saw all my MCR posters in my room and she was like... Get all those posters down now, they look like scary vampires lol
and I had an MCR pic on my desktop and my dad walks over andd goes "who the hell are these freaks" and i was like "My favourite band My Chemical Romance"..... the he said "So which one are you in love with?"
It was so funny but it was kinda like one of those 'you had to be there' things =)
Lostinstereo_
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Lostinstereo_
January 3rd, 2008 at 03:34pm
My mum saw all my MCR posters in my room and she was like O_o... Get all those posters down now, they look like scary vampires...
and I had an MCR pic on my desktop and my dad walks over and goes "who the hell are these freaks" and i was like "My favourite band My Chemical Romance"..... the he said "So which one are you in love with?"
It was so funny but it was kinda like one of those 'you had to be there' things Very Happy
Heaven-Help-Me
Bleeding on the Floor
Heaven-Help-Me
January 3rd, 2008 at 03:44pm
My parents are pretty cool with what I listen to, as long as they dont have to hear me singing along, or are forced to listen to them. It ticked me off though, when my dad called them emo, then said emo was only about losing your girlfriend >< My mom looked funny in Hot Topic though lol
Patrick Martin Stump
Motor Baby
Patrick Martin Stump
January 9th, 2008 at 01:43pm
My mother thinks Gerard looked 'better with black hair' and is always refering to him as 'that man that dyed his hair white'. And she gets confused with Gee and Pete Wentz [which sucks coz Pete has nothing on Gerard]. She also likes Teenagers and thinks Helena [the video] is enough 'to scare the shit out of anyone'.

And my dad is always getting the band name wrong, but he has Famous Last Words on his Ipod!

So I suppose my folks kind of like My Chem.

EDIT: My mum keeps asking me why I carry my MCR keyring around with me all the time...lol, I have it linked through my index finger, and I haven't put it down for near enough two days. Very Happy