Don't have an account? Create one!

What do your parents think about MCR?

AuthorMessage
Glitterlust
Salute You in Your Grave
Glitterlust
February 23rd, 2008 at 08:29am
my mum likes them, she watches LOTMS with me and has their cd's in the car. if i'm talking to her and the conversation runs out she's always like 'so, anything new happening with mcr?' She got a t-shirt at the concert in november and she thinks franks sweet after watching his LA ink. [even though she hates that programme x] ]

my dad likes them too, he plays the cd's in the car. and sings along etc XD

they both went to the 02 concert with me and my sister. except they were seated though cos we were a bit worried about my dad standing cos of his health.
my mum said that when they come back she'd like to come to a concert with us again, standing. which should be umm....interesting to say the least.
jamesy
Killjoy
jamesy
February 23rd, 2008 at 01:32pm
My Mum likes their 'quieter' stuff; like 'I Don't Love You', 'Cancer' and 'Ghost of You' but doesn't really like anything from Bullets.
a line in a song.
Salute You in Your Grave
a line in a song.
February 23rd, 2008 at 02:12pm
Right about now,

metal metal metal

.... basically they hate it
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
February 23rd, 2008 at 03:05pm
Sometimes I get the impression my mom loves them more than me.
electrify
Shotgun Sinner
electrify
February 23rd, 2008 at 03:16pm
they don't even have an idea what MCR is.
blastoise
Killjoy
blastoise
February 23rd, 2008 at 03:20pm
my dad loves mcr. though he's calling them 'The Killers' -.-
pansyrevenge
Killjoy
pansyrevenge
February 23rd, 2008 at 03:32pm
My parents love My chem,
It's weird.
They see MCR in a magazine or see somehtign MCR and have to get it for me
XD
it's great.
Although my mum played teenagers so many times in one day, i'm never going to see that song the same way again :@

al in all, it's good though because they know MCR saved my life.
tehy don't believe what the daily mail said about them, infact my mum laughed at the article they wrote about them.
Smilebut my mum wants to come to the next show they play 0_0
AmandaAdenine
Thinking Happy Thoughts
AmandaAdenine
February 23rd, 2008 at 03:54pm
My parent's don't hate them, but they don't obsess over them.
They will listen to music with me sometimes.
And my dad went with me to see them last April.
They make fun of them a little bit, but they never go to far, and know when to shut up about it.
Toki
Really Not Okay
Toki
February 23rd, 2008 at 04:30pm
The Spill Canvas:
Right about now,

metal metal metal

.... basically they hate it

haha you're lucky, I'd love to have metalhead parents!

Fortunately though, both my parents really like MCR :]
My dad calls them maniacs, but he claims that he means it in a "loving" way.
My mum fancies Gerard Rolling Eyes
They have the CDs in the car and want to go to their next gig, so I'm pretty glad.
kamatachi
Killjoy
kamatachi
February 23rd, 2008 at 09:52pm
my mom has only heard teenagers. she likes it i guess. She finds the titles of their songs satanic. Can't wait to have her buy me the black parade is dead.
DirectorCarter
Killjoy
DirectorCarter
February 23rd, 2008 at 11:55pm
well my mom likes them, her favorite song is helena, she loves the fact that Gerards not into drugs, and she thinks hes adorable...

my dad dosn't say much about them except when he saw the first cd i bought which was 'Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge" he read the title and gave me a look like i was insane....other then that they dont care at all what i listen to.
calculated sacrifice
Shotgun Sinner
calculated sacrifice
February 24th, 2008 at 02:25am
My dad came with me to the FOB concert and the MCR concert. I told him that I liked MCR better than FOB and he agreed. (Not to bash the FOB lovers, I love FOB but its my dads opinion) He said: "MCR really is better. Their music makes such an impact on the listeners" and I couldnt be any happier. XD

My brother likes them. He finds Gerards singing accents funny. especially in IDLY when Gee says "yesterday" and pronounces it as "yesturrdayyeee" my brother sings along to it XD
gerardmabbitt.
Salute You in Your Grave
gerardmabbitt.
February 24th, 2008 at 07:22am
my dad doesnt really know them.
my mom likes them. she says she does.
i think she's just being supportive about it.
she knows i love them and they make me happy.
so, she can't complain. Very Happy
although, i dont think she'd be to pleased if she
heard our lady of sorrows though. Tehe
looserkid._.p
Joining The Black Parade
looserkid._.p
March 5th, 2008 at 07:17pm
they told me that all their song are like the same
blue.and.yellow.
Fabulous Killjoy
blue.and.yellow.
March 5th, 2008 at 07:38pm
WTF, they are SO not the same...
My parents?
Yeah... they don't hate them persay... well, whenever my mom sees the album cover for Revenge, she's like "What's with them and blood? It's really not attractive yadayaaaaa" and I'm always like, "SHUT UP...." so yeah... and she hates Prison. I was listening to it once while doing homework and she said it was all noise and had no melody, and that it was an awful song. STFU. She doesn't really care about my posters though. which is good. Very Happy
My dad doesn't know them at all really. He may have heard WTBP once, I have to ask him, but in general he has no idea about them and he thinks all they sing about is alcohol. NO. D:<
smiledrug.
Killjoy
smiledrug.
March 5th, 2008 at 10:32pm
My mom is dead, no opinion there. :/

But my dad thinks they're weird. We were watching The Matrix once, and he was like, "N0! Frank!!" And I gave him a weird look, and it turns out Neo was both Gerard and Frank in one body. Yeah, I know. Wth. XDD
Also, once, in the mall, we were walking. And my dad was just like, "GERARD IS GAY!!!" out of nowhere. And I was like, "No, he's married. ;o; To Lyn-z.." To this he said, "...Lyn-z is a man in girl's clothing. =DD" And I was just like, "Wtf, dad."

Although he has the heart to take me to a concert. I can give him that much credit. But, he is ditching me when we get there. XDD
Fireplug.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fireplug.
March 6th, 2008 at 12:13am
My mom doesn't mind them but she doesn't really like them

My dad likes to mock them but secretly he loves them, I know it.
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
March 6th, 2008 at 02:01am
Smiledrug:
My mom is dead, no opinion there. :/

But my dad thinks they're weird. We were watching The Matrix once, and he was like, "N0! Frank!!" And I gave him a weird look, and it turns out Neo was both Gerard and Frank in one body. Yeah, I know. Wth. XDD
Also, once, in the mall, we were walking. And my dad was just like, "GERARD IS GAY!!!" out of nowhere. And I was like, "No, he's married. ;o; To Lyn-z.." To this he said, "...Lyn-z is a man in girl's clothing. =DD" And I was just like, "Wtf, dad."

Although he has the heart to take me to a concert. I can give him that much credit. But, he is ditching me when we get there. XDD

HAha your dad's comments make me WTF??! Razz

That is odd. ive seen pix of Lyn-Z & she is very much a woman, as far as looks go.....

Neo is so not Gee & Frank. (another wtf moment here) I dont think he looks anythin like em.... maybe a WEE bit frank, but Keanu's facial structure is completely different frm Gee's.
smiledrug.
Killjoy
smiledrug.
March 6th, 2008 at 09:35pm
Yeah, I kno, rite? XDD He says the strangest things sometimes.
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
March 7th, 2008 at 07:42am
Both my mom & gran love them.
My mom likes them more, though.
She asked me to put The Black Parade onto her iPod.
and she always asks to have I Don't Love You on when we're in the car.
& she adores Teenagers. XDDDD
Next time they come to the UK she's insisting on coming with me.