Don't have an account? Create one!

What do your parents think about MCR?

AuthorMessage
.::KamiKaze::.
Killjoy
.::KamiKaze::.
September 26th, 2005 at 07:33am
my mum, who is SUPER OLD FASHIONED thinks they're like ghosts (esp. gerard) but she still approves tho ^^
SLUT! you broke my tiara!
Motor Baby
SLUT! you broke my tiara!
September 28th, 2005 at 08:00pm
MyChemMomma:
please, no one get offended, this is only my personal opinion:

any parents that think mcr's lyrics are a bad influence on the kids, must not know they're kids very well. any one who thinks mcr's lyrics are telling you to kill yourself is an idiot.
i got in a fight with my music teacher about them. He was trying to tell the 2 mcr fans in our classroom that My Chemical Romance is "evil and satanic" and that he might write a letter to our parents suggesting that they take away our CDs. the most fucked thing he said was that "rap is more about life experiances than rock, and that mcr's music is just about getting high, having sex, and being with other men " he says he's seen the pics of the guys online with makeup and kissing and says it's unnatural and wrong . i told him he was a fucking homophobe yuppie and that mcr helps people not hurts them and then i quoted some stuff ... it was the most worthwhile dention i've ever had.

I agree with you on the lyrics thing. I know what I've taught my kids and I know that they are intelligent enough to realize that the songs are not intended to be taken literally. You know, if some kid told someone from MCR that they were going to commit suicide, or go shoot someone who's done them wrong, I doubt they'd encourage it. The way I see it, these songs are more about venting frustrations. Like how you get really pissed at someone and say you'd like to ring their neck, or put a bullet thru their head, but would never actually do it. You're just blowing off steam. The same with the suicide refernces. You have a crappy day and think you oughta go jump off a bridge or something. For most people it's a passing thought based on frustration. When those thoughts become prominent, and you are seriously considering it, you need to seek help. If this music makes someone think that dying is their only way out, then they have problems that have nothing to do with the words of a song.

As far as your music teacher goes, he needs to remove his head from his ass. He should try actually listening to something before he comments on it. I've listened to quite a bit of rap. It may have started out about life experiences, but nowday's most of it's about sex, drugs, and showing off your obnoxious fortune. LOL on your worthwile detention, sometimes you just have to stand up for yourself. Wish I would've had the nerve to do it when I was a teen.

OMG you're a parent? cool beans.
mccrack.
Salute You in Your Grave
mccrack.
September 29th, 2005 at 11:39am
All my mum knows is that they're suporting Green Day down here (cos I kept talking about it) and she calls them 'The Chemicals'.
nina;
Awake and Unafraid
nina;
September 29th, 2005 at 12:36pm
My mom says I have to stop listening to this "carmichael" thing(yes she is refering to Mcr.) Because i'm to obsessed and i'm forgetting about school. And it will soon make my ears bleed. Yeah right !
<3BringTheBullets<3
Really Not Okay
<3BringTheBullets<3
September 30th, 2005 at 12:37pm
My mom says all this music is weird...I dont actually care..I like it..And I'm my own person not her..So whenever mom asked me to stop playing it i turn it up louder and scream to it..(wich annoys her) .Then we were watching I'm Not Ok ...And my mom said Gerards make up was weird lol so i went upstairs and came back down with my make up kinda like his .
Roses and Thorns
Fabulous Killjoy
Roses and Thorns
September 30th, 2005 at 03:42pm
My mom and dad don't like them. I actually got my mom to start singing Helena and I laughed at her so much because she's always making fun of them. My dad thinks they are gay and too gothic. Yet he still bought the second album for me.
I'm slowly effecting my friends because I turned one into a MCR fanatic.
Roses and Thorns
Fabulous Killjoy
Roses and Thorns
September 30th, 2005 at 03:44pm
Oh yeah! My dad calls them "My Chemical Dependancy" meaning that they live off of drugs, even though I told him they were sober!
xXxHelenaxXx
Killjoy
xXxHelenaxXx
September 30th, 2005 at 03:44pm
My mum loves mcr and says that gerard way is hot!!Razz
x3_Girl With A Gun_x3
Joining The Black Parade
x3_Girl With A Gun_x3
September 30th, 2005 at 04:45pm
My mom likes Helena and that's it. She thinks that they are also sending a bad message to kids and doesn't let me play my CD's loud enough for my little brother to hear. My Dad thinks that they are terrible, meanwhile he listens to bands exactly like My Chemical Romance.
Qcumber
Killjoy
Qcumber
September 30th, 2005 at 04:53pm
My dad thinks it's drug music because of the name of the band and my mom wants to hear it so that she can figure out why i would listen to it. Neither one of my parents has actually heard their music.
x3_Girl With A Gun_x3
Joining The Black Parade
x3_Girl With A Gun_x3
September 30th, 2005 at 10:45pm
Yeah, my Mom was all like, "My love for drugs?" I told her it was the name of a book and she still doesn't believe me.
indie cindy''
Shotgun Sinner
indie cindy''
September 30th, 2005 at 11:25pm
My dad came into my room and saw all the MCR posters and sighed. He said "It's just a phase, this whole punk thing won't last for long". He's especially afraid of Gerard.
x3_Girl With A Gun_x3
Joining The Black Parade
x3_Girl With A Gun_x3
September 30th, 2005 at 11:32pm
Haha, I'm gonna be the way I am forever. I'm going to be in a band and play the bass, so I can't be all....formal if that's going to be my profession. Besides, that's who I am.
samantha connolly
In The Murder Scene
samantha connolly
October 1st, 2005 at 12:28am
I'm going to be 82 and headbanging. I'll be all tatooed and pierced with black hair and shit. I will age well, like a fine wine, I tells ya!
Samantha.
CleanMeOff.I'mSoDirtyBabe
Fabulous Killjoy
CleanMeOff.I'mSoDirtyBabe
October 1st, 2005 at 02:09am
My mom loves them Very Happy She actually offered to take me to their show, without me asking first.

I'm not sure about my dad, though. He's also going to the concert, so I guess he likes them.
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
October 1st, 2005 at 04:28am
Roses and Thorns:
My mom and dad don't like them. I actually got my mom to start singing Helena and I laughed at her so much because she's always making fun of them. My dad thinks they are gay and too gothic. Yet he still bought the second album for me.
i was teh first person in my class to like MCR then i made a whole group of people listen to them and i have them all hooked. but it's kinda annoying now 'cos they think they are all huuuuge fans. and they aren't. (:
Starlight
Bleeding on the Floor
Starlight
October 1st, 2005 at 04:32am
being great must suck:
Roses and Thorns:
i was teh first person in my class to like MCR then i made a whole group of people listen to them and i have them all hooked. but it's kinda annoying now 'cos they think they are all huuuuge fans. and they aren't. (:

thats the same with me!my friends want to fly over to australia just to see them. and i was talking to one of them 2day and i was talking about Frank and she was like "whos Frank?". Shocked
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
October 1st, 2005 at 04:36am
bweeno:
being great must suck:
Roses and Thorns:

thats the same with me!my friends want to fly over to australia just to see them. and i was talking to one of them 2day and i was talking about Frank and she was like "whos Frank?". Shocked
ugh. i hate that. cos im like using MCR's names, and they are like "wait, which one is bob." and im just like "and you call yourself a big fan." Confused
Starlight
Bleeding on the Floor
Starlight
October 1st, 2005 at 04:39am
i felt like slapping my friend coz she thinks that she knows mcr really well.my ass she duz, she didnt even know who frank was.except i cudnt slap her coz i was texting her lol.
and my mum thinks its real funni when i talk about mikey coz she went to school with a mikey way lol.
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
October 1st, 2005 at 04:44am
bweeno:
i felt like slapping my friend coz she thinks that she knows mcr really well.my ass she duz, she didnt even know who frank was.except i cudnt slap her coz i was texting her lol.
and my mum thinks its real funni when i talk about mikey coz she went to school with a mikey way lol.
ROTF. did he have glasses? Wink