Don't have an account? Create one!

What do your parents think about MCR?

AuthorMessage
imMnotCokayR
Killjoy
imMnotCokayR
September 20th, 2005 at 03:18pm
Oh, and my stepmom's friend told her about her daughter (she snooped into her email and it talked about her wanting to kill herself and stuff) and she said that her daughter listens to them and when we got into the big 'MCR argument' i said "so you think im suicidal?!" and their (stepmom & dad) no, but i knew they were kinda lying! but mt parents are country-bumpkin-twangy music listeners and don't like anything i listen to - for the most part
Je t'aime mon amour
In The Murder Scene
Je t'aime mon amour
September 20th, 2005 at 03:18pm
imMnotCokayR:
My dad totally despises them, we got in a big fight about the things they sings about and he like read thier lyrics online and stuff and like its a long story but then he told my mom and they tried to take away my cd! but my mom thinks their garbage and they suck but she doesnt care if i listen to them anymore! but i could care less what they think becuase MCR IS THE BEST!

That sucks. My parents suck at english so they don't understand what they're singingVery Happy But they really dislike the screaming
F8aliT
Killjoy
F8aliT
September 20th, 2005 at 08:20pm
Me and my mom are pretty big fans of them.
I dont really know what my dad thinks. I dont think he minds them. Very Happy
RED M A S S A C R E
Salute You in Your Grave
RED M A S S A C R E
September 20th, 2005 at 08:33pm
My mom doesn't really like them but my dad likes the same music so he is okay with it, lol. Oh and my mom says they look ugly and dead! SAD!
Little Miss Sunshine
Jazz Hands
Little Miss Sunshine
September 21st, 2005 at 08:10pm
MyChemMomma:
>be my stepmum.

>please?

LOL! My girls are hoping for a stepdad someday. Especially my 15yr old, she refers to her dad as "the sperm donor" half the time.

And thanks everyone for making me feel so welcome!

Mom

I feel like my dad is a sperm donor sumtimes...Coz hes never here always away with work... During my 15yrs of life, hes been away for about 3/4 of it cuz hes always working.
lost_in_my_agony
Joining The Black Parade
lost_in_my_agony
September 21st, 2005 at 08:25pm
Both of my parents are cool with it. My mom doesn't care about what i listen to and my dad and i like the same music.
covered-in-cake
Thinking Happy Thoughts
covered-in-cake
September 21st, 2005 at 08:31pm
My mom buys me the stuff but dont like it much, she likes cemetary drive, and my dad started to like them recently because he thinks rays kool now cuz he saw them on hard rock live. so i guess thats all. yeah aNeutral
XliesxbeforexkissesX
Fabulous Killjoy
XliesxbeforexkissesX
September 21st, 2005 at 08:32pm
my mom thinks hates them Mad
poisoned_actress108
Bleeding on the Floor
poisoned_actress108
September 21st, 2005 at 09:16pm
well believe it or not guys, but i used 2 b a BIG fan of r&b an hip hop an rap....an my parents didnt really like it but they tolerate it...then i got into mcr an rock an my dad is glad i changed my style of music, but my mom still doesnt like it but can tolerate it, then again, she doesnt like alot of stuff i do....but they still think im a lil gurl an they wont let me go 2 mcr's concert in san antonio wit sum friends!!!! an then my bro, (hes 2 years older than me) just says nuttin but shit about mcr an at first it pissed me off so bad but now i just shrug it off an say if u dont like it, then leave my room. an he says im all punk an shit, but i dont like 2 lable myself. but ne wayz, my parents are....ok wit it
BrokenAngel
Killjoy
BrokenAngel
September 21st, 2005 at 11:44pm
I didnt ask my parents yet. lol
But I'm sure they wouldn't like 'em Sad they're not into my type of music which sux.
Try Honesty.
Salute You in Your Grave
Try Honesty.
September 22nd, 2005 at 02:58pm
Neither of my parents like them...or any other band I like...they all sing about 'suicide and slitting your wrists and stuff' apparently Rolling Eyes

When my mam found out my friends had got me a ticket for one of their shows she said 'you're not going' but to hell with her!! NO FUCKING WAY AM I GUNNA MISS IT!!!! And she wouldn't get me a MCR t-shirt because it had a gun on it

Stoopid parents *shmacks* Twisted Evil
rhythm_melody_harmony
Killjoy
rhythm_melody_harmony
September 22nd, 2005 at 03:25pm
lol, my parents think it a bad influence to me because of the whole death/suicide/hurtness/or any other bad things in their song. when will parents learn!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?
Am_I_dying_yet
Killjoy
Am_I_dying_yet
September 22nd, 2005 at 05:03pm
I told my mom that they were christian, because she wont tolerate anything else but christian music. she said "they dont look christian." lol
SLUT! you broke my tiara!
Motor Baby
September 23rd, 2005 at 10:02pm
please, no one get offended, this is only my personal opinion:

any parents that think mcr's lyrics are a bad influence on the kids, must not know they're kids very well. any one who thinks mcr's lyrics are telling you to kill yourself is an idiot.
i got in a fight with my music teacher about them. He was trying to tell the 2 mcr fans in our classroom that My Chemical Romance is "evil and satanic" and that he might write a letter to our parents suggesting that they take away our CDs. the most fucked thing he said was that "rap is more about life experiances than rock, and that mcr's music is just about getting high, having sex, and being with other men " he says he's seen the pics of the guys online with makeup and kissing and says it's unnatural and wrong . i told him he was a fucking homophobe yuppie and that mcr helps people not hurts them and then i quoted some stuff ... it was the most worthwhile dention i've ever had. Very Happy
Motor Baby
September 23rd, 2005 at 10:06pm
rhythm_melody_harmony:
lol, my parents think it a bad influence to me because of the whole death/suicide/hurtness/or any other bad things in their song. when will parents learn!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

never, they are parents after all
(not saying all parents are evil)
*mumblemumble*
Shorty;
Salute You in Your Grave
Shorty;
September 23rd, 2005 at 10:17pm
HOE! you broke my tiara!:
please, no one get offended, this is only my personal opinion:

any parents that think mcr's lyrics are a bad influence on the kids, must not know they're kids very well. any one who thinks mcr's lyrics are telling you to kill yourself is an idiot.
i got in a fight with my music teacher about them. He was trying to tell the 2 mcr fans in our classroom that My Chemical Romance is "evil and satanic" and that he might write a letter to our parents suggesting that they take away our CDs. the most fucked thing he said was that "rap is more about life experiances than rock, and that mcr's music is just about getting high, having sex, and being with other men " he says he's seen the pics of the guys online with makeup and kissing and says it's unnatural and wrong . i told him he was a fucking homophobe yuppie and that mcr helps people not hurts them and then i quoted some stuff ... it was the most worthwhile dention i've ever had. Very Happy

Dude that pissed me off. Thank God you told your homophobic asshole retard of a teacher off. He obviously doesn't know jack shit 'cuz rap is the most shittiest form of music - if it can be called MUSIC! - i've ever heard in my life. Rap is degrading towards woman, not only that, AND all it's about is 'going to the club and getting with some girl' or 'girls should fuck me cuz I got nice rims'
fucking idiots..

[/rant]
Problem Child
Bleeding on the Floor
Problem Child
September 23rd, 2005 at 10:19pm
my mom doesn't understand a word gerard says in give 'em hell kid. lmfao
hope has x failed me
Killjoy
hope has x failed me
September 23rd, 2005 at 10:28pm
my moms gotten used to the fact that i've never been her pop princess, and definatly never will. she respects their music and what they stand for, but hates the way they look .. and i dont have a dad so he cant really have an opinion on them haha?
j8m7h7
Fabulous Killjoy
j8m7h7
September 23rd, 2005 at 10:52pm
GRRRR my parents do not like them! Everytime i'll come out of my room from listening to MCR and my parents will be like "Are you listening to that devil worshiping music again!" but they aren't devil worshiping they're talented!
Shorty;
Salute You in Your Grave
Shorty;
September 23rd, 2005 at 11:10pm
My mom hates the music i listen to, she hates my hair, she hates my clothes and everything I stand for. She always wanted a daughter who was a cheerleader and wore pink almost everyday. She wanted a little ray of sunshine. She doesn't accept me at all. Oh well. I quit caring awhile back.

Both parents despise MCR, but my dad likes the way i dress/look. He says i'm different, and different is good. He still hates MCR for some reason though.