Jazz Hands
Torey Pop.
September 19th, 2005 at 04:35pm
meee too!
The Morphine Child
Killjoy
The Morphine Child
September 19th, 2005 at 04:41pm
My mom doesn't like them, but she doesn't despise them. She doesn't mind me listening to them either. And she bought me 2 shirts.. course I payed her back..lol But yeah..
Red_of_a_Rose
Jazz Hands
Red_of_a_Rose
September 19th, 2005 at 05:30pm
My mom is obsessed with Elvis Presley. She thinks gerard is scary. My dad still hasn't heard them. Of course he calls all the music i listen to "queer" He likes Johnny Horton (if u dont know who that is consider urself lucky!) My dad hates Green Day so i doubt he will like MCR. I take that back! he does like 1 green day song. Dominated Love Slave. (weird) but otherwise he hates them and all my music!
The Morphine Child
Killjoy
The Morphine Child
September 19th, 2005 at 05:33pm
Red_of_a_Rose:
My mom is obsessed with Elvis Presley. She thinks gerard is scary. My dad still hasn't heard them. Of course he calls all the music i listen to "queer" He likes Johnny Horton (if u dont know who that is consider urself lucky!) My dad hates Green Day so i doubt he will like MCR. I take that back! he does like 1 green day song. Dominated Love Slave. (weird) but otherwise he hates them and all my music!

I know who Johnny Horton is...lol and yeah I agree with you about those who don't know who he is being lucky... Laughing

the funny thing is this woman saw my MCR shirt in Pizza Hut one night and she walked over and said she noticed my shirt and thought MCR was badass...lol my mom spoke up and said I loved them...lol and I thought so too. That was funny.
Little Miss Sunshine
Jazz Hands
Little Miss Sunshine
September 19th, 2005 at 07:27pm
Nothing to Lose:
awwwsugar:
MyChemMomma:

Hi! I registered just so I could respond to this thread.

I'm glad to see that so many of you have parents that like MCR. I wondered if I was the only mom who did, lol. My 13 yr old is huge fan, she adores Mikey Smile I heard a few of their songs when she played them, but didn't pay much attention until I saw the "I'm Not Okay" video. It reminds me of my sucky high school days, I had to endure a bunch of preppy jerks. Now, I've acquainted myself with more of their music and have liked pretty well everything I've heard so far. Gerard is a great vocalist, the rest of the guys are extremely talented too. ( I found this website looking for info on the band. )

I really don't understand parents who dismiss their kid's music w/o giving it a chance. That's the same thing we complained about when we were kids, our parents didn't like our music either. Punk was just beginning to gain popularity when I was in high school (early 80's). Today's music is just an extension of that. In most cases much improved.

Mom

be my stepmum.

please?

lmao!! That's what I was thinking...

Please adopt me!!
Cool

I'm all for Adoption! hehe..this one time, when i was on an exchange, the host mum wanted to adopt me coz shes 56, but i asked her if she was 40. Her husband is 49, but he looks alot older! Embarassed ...maybe its coz she goes to the gym alot.. Very Happy Apparently i helped her get her blood pressure down as well.... Rolling Eyes dunno how i did that one.
HarvesterofSorrow3319
Killjoy
HarvesterofSorrow3319
September 19th, 2005 at 08:13pm
Parents dont really give a fuck. Im a legal adult, I do whatever the fuck I want. My dad tho heard a bit of "To The End" and has heard "Helena" and said that they were good, but my dad also went with me to a Children of Bodom (Finnish Melodic Metal) concert and said he didnt mind them, so hes really cool about that shit. Cool
I-are-okay
Thinking Happy Thoughts
I-are-okay
September 19th, 2005 at 08:31pm
can you adopt me too?pwees?im good with kids!and ill clean your house! Mr. Green Laughing Question
cupcake
Killjoy
cupcake
September 19th, 2005 at 09:25pm
Ooh! Adopt me! My parents call them "Chemical Imbalance."
i'm_not_okay_either
Joining The Black Parade
i'm_not_okay_either
September 19th, 2005 at 09:31pm
one of my dads favorite bands is mcr. All those hours in the car of being forced to listen really has taken an affect on him. Just say im lucky, very lucky...
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
September 20th, 2005 at 03:52am
my mum is starting to know the words of helena. *claps for my mum*

although she is always coming into my room to turn my music down, then i tell her to fuck off and leave it alone and we get into a big argument. Cool
*-*Soldier Side*-*
Jazz Hands
*-*Soldier Side*-*
September 20th, 2005 at 03:55am
yay, I sat my mum down last night and made her listen to MCR. Good on me! She now loves them! I am the fucking master!! Lol. (Master of my mum.)
killer_odd_sock
Shotgun Sinner
killer_odd_sock
September 20th, 2005 at 03:57am
live_and_breathe_and_die:
yay, I sat my mum down last night and made her listen to MCR. Good on me! She now loves them! I am the fucking master!! Lol. (Master of my mum.)

Nice one!
SLUT! you broke my tiara!
Motor Baby
SLUT! you broke my tiara!
September 20th, 2005 at 07:52am
every time i talk about mcr, my mom just looks at me out of the corner of her eye disprovingly, and at school i write "my chemical romance" all over on my arms and legs, and when ever i do that my dad gets super pissed. also if they come on TV i wont let anyone talk to me till it's over. so my parents get mad at that too. and when i mentioned to my mom they have action figures, she just said they're doing it to make money, and i said i dont care then she called me a teenie and then i puked. Very Happy (seriously)
MyChemMomma
Killjoy
MyChemMomma
September 20th, 2005 at 09:22am
>be my stepmum.

>please?

LOL! My girls are hoping for a stepdad someday. Especially my 15yr old, she refers to her dad as "the sperm donor" half the time.

And thanks everyone for making me feel so welcome!

Mom
Helloxclitxty__.:
Jazz Hands
Helloxclitxty__.:
September 20th, 2005 at 12:47pm
My dad likes their music but thinks that their weird because they wear makeup. He calls them my chemical girl-pants. I have no idea what my mum thinks of them though ....
Not very nice
Shotgun Sinner
Not very nice
September 20th, 2005 at 12:53pm
MyChemMomma:
>be my stepmum.

>please?

LOL! My girls are hoping for a stepdad someday. Especially my 15yr old, she refers to her dad as "the sperm donor" half the time.

And thanks everyone for making me feel so welcome!

Mom

be my step mum! i hav no real mum. Sad please?
Shanahan
Killjoy
Shanahan
September 20th, 2005 at 01:33pm
Mine don't know a thing about them. They know I go to their shows, but that's about it.
kirstin
Salute You in Your Grave
kirstin
September 20th, 2005 at 02:29pm
i forced them to let me watch them on the kerrang download festival live on tv...
they said they were shit
in those words
i just told them i didnt care, but my dad doesnt care much for music anyhoo.
Sid Vicious
Joining The Black Parade
Sid Vicious
September 20th, 2005 at 03:08pm
My dad thinks gerard,mikey frank and ray are gay, he thinks that gerard used to be a woman, he dosn't even like this music and his opinion doesen't matter
imMnotCokayR
Killjoy
imMnotCokayR
September 20th, 2005 at 03:12pm
My dad totally despises them, we got in a big fight about the things they sings about and he like read thier lyrics online and stuff and like its a long story but then he told my mom and they tried to take away my cd! but my mom thinks their garbage and they suck but she doesnt care if i listen to them anymore! but i could care less what they think becuase MCR IS THE BEST!