Don't have an account? Create one!

Global Warming

AuthorMessage
Helena_Way
Killjoy
Helena_Way
March 25th, 2007 at 01:48pm
Its such a huge problem. im a supporter to help stop it! but you can go to www.stopglobalwarming.org and join there virtual march. and than spread it around to yur friends and family. thats what i did and i went around my community and got money to donate to stop global warming funds. im also pushing my parents to get a hybrid Laughing
nmcl
Killjoy
nmcl
April 5th, 2007 at 06:12am
because of global warmin, the worlds gonna end soon.

i say the world is gonna flood nd we all drown.

then the water all gonna flood nd freeze over.

then the whole world will start over again because of the ice age.

nd we shall be born again.

well..

thts my therory on it anyways.

=]

i dnt think this reali has anythin to do wtih global warming...

its more of the end of the world...lol.
Hell Yeah Georgie
Really Not Okay
Hell Yeah Georgie
April 5th, 2007 at 07:05am
I don't believe that global warming is caused by humans.

I believe it is part of a natural cycle of the earth. I think that if we try and stop it, we could run into worse problems.

I also think that the government is brainwashing people in England. (I don't know about other places..) We have to learn about global warming in biology as part of our GCSE syllabus. But the thing is, the book is based on opinion when it comes to this topic. The book blames humans for global warming, and dictates that we should be stopping it. But there's another side to the story, another theory, a theory that it is a natural occurence. Only the book doesn't publish or even acknowledge that theory, because the government doesn't want us to know that its new greeen taxes might be irrelevant.

Global warming is something that is natural. Humans should not try and change nature, they could cause more problems.
ain't got no soul.
Salute You in Your Grave
ain't got no soul.
April 5th, 2007 at 04:55pm
Oh. For sure. The government in Britain is turning Fascist, for example, they are planning to post XRAY CAMERAS on street corners, lets not forget ASBOS (Lol), National ID Cards, and the thing where they keep tabs on your child and may label that child a potential offender. Anyways, I'm an anarchist and I hate all governments...

On To Topic! Global Warming is not caused by us.. Pluto is heating up, the whole Solar System is heating up.. Natural or not. I don't care. Gore lies, it is not us. This thing is a gimmick, they just do it for money and to make you fear the fact that the worlds gonna freakin flood cause of the Global Warming... Gr.
SuperNatalie.
Bleeding on the Floor
SuperNatalie.
April 5th, 2007 at 06:43pm
Global warming is the greenhouse effect, but amplified.
The greenhouse effect is, as most of you know, the layer of gases [carbon dioxide, water vapour, and methane] which trap heat in the earth's atmosphere, keeping the earth's temperature up.
Without those gases, nothing on earth would be able to survive.
The thing is, so much of these gases are being released, that once the heat has passed through them, it can't get out, so the earth is heating up.

Now, I've been in numerous debates about this, and produced a few pieces of work on this topic, and to be honest, it's shocking how easily emissions of greenhouse gases can be reduced.

If people were to insulate homes, less money would be spent on heating, and less fuels would need to be burned.
If we recycled more, and if manufacturers used less packaging, less waste would be put into landfill sites, and less methan would be produced.
If people ate less beef, less cows would need to be bred, and as cows produce staggering amounts of methane, emissions would be reduced.
If people went on less plane journeys, or if airlines reduced the number of half full flights that took off, then people can enjoy air travel, but it would save a little bit on Carbon emissions, and every little helps.

Even planting one tree can help.
If everyone planted one tree, think of the effect it would have.
[Yes, it's not practical, but still x) ]
Easy Mac
In The Murder Scene
Easy Mac
April 6th, 2007 at 05:51pm
We watched a movie about ways the world could end and Gobal Warming was on it. The movie was pretty scary.
billy99
Motor Baby
billy99
April 6th, 2007 at 09:21pm
Oh yeah. Your post reminded me of Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth. It shows how Earth will slowly deteriorate due to global warming.
Dejan_Revenge!
Fabulous Killjoy
Dejan_Revenge!
April 6th, 2007 at 09:24pm
95% of the carbon dioxide is comin out of vulcanos and other stuff. We only produce 5%. the earth has had this warming before (Ice age). So i dont think its such an HUGE problem.
SuperNatalie.
Bleeding on the Floor
SuperNatalie.
April 8th, 2007 at 02:11pm
Dejan_Revenge!:
95% of the carbon dioxide is comin out of vulcanos and other stuff. We only produce 5%. the earth has had this warming before (Ice age). So i dont think its such an HUGE problem.

Where'd you learn that?
I thought it was mainly sulphur dioxide let out by volcanoes.
-shrug-

But back on topic:
Global warming is something that we could so easily stop, or slow down.
And yet, we aren't doing all that we should.
Sure, no-one is perfect, but if we all did our bit, we could give generations to come a better world.
Hell Yeah Georgie
Really Not Okay
Hell Yeah Georgie
April 11th, 2007 at 05:20am
I don't think we should be doing anything. We adapt to suit the eearth, we dont change how the earth works to suit us. People everywhere are being frightened into thinking the world is going to end, it isn't. And if it did, so what, we wouldnt be able to do anything to stop it so why worry?
ginaaaa
Killjoy
ginaaaa
April 11th, 2007 at 02:49pm
over rated and sensationalised.
but I believe it is occuring, sadly.
miss.compliKated
Joining The Black Parade
miss.compliKated
April 11th, 2007 at 04:13pm
i personally think that global warming was gonna come eventually just like the ice age, but we (humans) are making the process speed up & worse with all of the polution & other sorts of things like that.
billy99
Motor Baby
billy99
April 11th, 2007 at 10:54pm
Yeah. We're making it way worse.
LifeOnStandby
Motor Baby
LifeOnStandby
April 11th, 2007 at 11:13pm
I talked about Global Warming with my science teacher, sorry for no proof. But at the period we're in now, we're in a Ice Age...and the earth has been colder than it has many times before. So when the earth goes up and down and that we're changing it ourselves...I see the proof but without actions we're not going to change any events.
xXDrop.The.DaggerXx
Killjoy
xXDrop.The.DaggerXx
April 11th, 2007 at 11:58pm
Captain Jack's Girl:
I don't believe that global warming is caused by humans.

I believe it is part of a natural cycle of the earth. I think that if we try and stop it, we could run into worse problems.

I also think that the government is brainwashing people in England. (I don't know about other places..) We have to learn about global warming in biology as part of our GCSE syllabus. But the thing is, the book is based on opinion when it comes to this topic. The book blames humans for global warming, and dictates that we should be stopping it. But there's another side to the story, another theory, a theory that it is a natural occurence. Only the book doesn't publish or even acknowledge that theory, because the government doesn't want us to know that its new greeen taxes might be irrelevant.

Global warming is something that is natural. Humans should not try and change nature, they could cause more problems.

I agree that global warming is a natural process. It has occurred many times over the course of the earth's history. But we aren't helping the situation at all, and we're killing the planet in other ways. We've created massive holes in the ozone layer, put endless tons of pollutants into our air, killed of who knows how many species, cut down half of the forests... global warming is not the only problem the world faces, by any means.

It is my belief that while global warming would occur without us, we're speeding up the process by creating ideal conditions for the start of the next ice age. That is, unless, we destroy our planet first.
Hell Yeah Georgie
Really Not Okay
Hell Yeah Georgie
April 12th, 2007 at 05:47am
To me, global warming and pollution are actually two separate topics. You see, as we put toxic waste into rivers, or release fumes into the atmosphere that cause acid rain, we're damaging things around us, but we're not heating up the earth. Yes we're killing animals, plants and trees, but we're not changing the temperature.

They are two issues, one needs addressing, the other needs leaving alone.
gerardxwaysxloverx-x
Killjoy
gerardxwaysxloverx-x
April 12th, 2007 at 01:59pm
global warming is a big case. And it will get more and more worse if we keep on fuelling cars and using un-reusable materials like coal,oil and gas.
if anyone has seen the movie the day after tommorrow circumstances will be alot worse maybe. Maybe the weather will be hotter or colder.
to prevent it we must walk or cycle more. Stop wasting paper and stop cutting down trees.
xXDrop.The.DaggerXx
Killjoy
xXDrop.The.DaggerXx
April 12th, 2007 at 07:15pm
Captain Jack's Girl:
To me, global warming and pollution are actually two separate topics. You see, as we put toxic waste into rivers, or release fumes into the atmosphere that cause acid rain, we're damaging things around us, but we're not heating up the earth. Yes we're killing animals, plants and trees, but we're not changing the temperature.

They are two issues, one needs addressing, the other needs leaving alone.

Okay, but answer this for me. Trees function by drawing carbon dioxide from the air for photosynthesis. The fewer trees we have, the less CO2 is being pulled out of the air and recycled into oxygen. Carbon Dioxide is a greenhouse gas that traps heat on the surface of the planet. Also, if you kill off certain animals, ie. bees, bats, and hummingbirds, by taking away their habitat, the rest of the habitat that does still exist won't survive long. All of those animals assist in the pollination and spread of plants and trees. If they die, then their habitat won't be able to replace dead trees and plants with healthier ones, and the rest of the habitat eventually dies off. Each scenario is directly dependent on the other. You can't address one without addressing the other as well, or anything you do will be useless.
Hell Yeah Georgie
Really Not Okay
Hell Yeah Georgie
April 13th, 2007 at 08:18am
But I don't believe that greenhouse gases are creating global warming.

What I'm saying is, cutting down trees destroys animal habitats, yes, of course it does, but it has no effect on global temperature. Which means, they are not linked in.
xXDrop.The.DaggerXx
Killjoy
xXDrop.The.DaggerXx
April 13th, 2007 at 09:14pm
A greenhouse gas is defined by Dictionary.com as "any gas through which the absorption of solar radiation creates the greenhouse effect."

The greenhouse effect is defined as "warming that results when solar radiation is trapped by the atmosphere; caused by atmospheric gases that allow sunshine to pass through but absorb heat that is radiated back from the warmed surface of the earth".

You just contradicted your own argument. By calling them "greenhouse gases" you acknowledge that they affect the earth's atmosphere by trapping heat, like they would in a greenhouse.

I'd like to bring up another point, and that is that it is a relevant argument that global warming would occur without our assistance. But there's a massive difference in the natural occurance and that we are causing now. Normal global warming would occur over a period of tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of years. Global warming is in a natural state usually very gradual and much more gentle. It's like stepping out of your shower if said shower was particularly hot. The fog on your mirror is condensed water vapor. It creates a warm environment because the chemical compound H2O is an insulater. So, though, is CO2. The burning of fossil fuels, and other fuels, is called a combustion reaction, and releases the molecules CO2 and H2O as byproducts. Here basic chemistry proves the process of global warming. It also explains how humans can and ARE helping the process along, in a period of mere thousands of years as opposed to tens or hundreds of thousands of years.