Don't have an account? Create one!

Global Warming

AuthorMessage
My Chemical Asshole
Bleeding on the Floor
My Chemical Asshole
October 17th, 2006 at 04:12pm
Your right. It's not natural and it's caused by pollution. That's why people should recycle and use less energy.
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
February 3rd, 2007 at 06:32am
Yesterday, it became official that humans are the cause of global warming.
They say that within the century, sea levels will rise a 59cm.
And that some countries in europe will become to hot to live in.
I think everyone should do something, but even if everyone stopped using their cars today, and CO2 emissions were drastically reduced right now, the damage has been done, and will take a long time to repair itself.
that's another theory, some say that even if we carry on as we are now, the earth would sort itself out in a few centuries, that is, after all the changes and destruction.
But, as someone has already pointed out, global warming will happen anyway, dispite CO2.
But all we're doing is speeding it up.

Global warming has been ignoured for too long now. And who will pay for it?
Our children. Soon, many parts of the earth will/could become unhabitable, and that will create more asylum seekers. Hundreds of millions of them.
All I can say is, I'm glad that I will be dead within a century, beccause the world is becomming a dnagerous place, and I don't mean in terms of crime.

the jersey devil.
Crash Queen
the jersey devil.
February 3rd, 2007 at 01:43pm
In my opinion scientists don't completely understand what's going on. I watch many shows on this issue and each researcher says something different. NYC has reduced much of the pollution that it has been giving off. Along with the US.
Also they only have records of what the earth has been doing for a couple hundred years. The temperatures show that the world is heating up. But what about before they started keeping the records? They aren't completely sure.
Spence
Killjoy
Spence
February 4th, 2007 at 04:42am
They aren't shure
but that doesn't mean that we can't do anything.
Stop using the car so much and stuff like that.
It's good for the environment and it's good for us to
Rock Steady
Salute You in Your Grave
Rock Steady
March 16th, 2007 at 08:18pm
the issue of global warming now has become so media orientated much of the actual science is lost in the bid for people trying to make their mark and to get funding for research etc.

So I have seen the Inconveniant Truth - and I thought it displayed the science behind it clearly and without doubt.

However I saw another programme the other day. And its had a more lasting effect.

The main basis of the whole humans causing global wamring thing is that humans emit C02 (obv not from themselves! Very Happy) and this results in a heating of the atomosphere. The statistics show that there is a link between the two..
However Gore presented this the wrong way round. C02 is a minimal component of the atmosphere. Volcanoes produce more greenhouse gases in a year then humans.
However it is with increased heat that we get increased C02. so the link was the wrong way round.

if you look back at climate history over the passed millions of years it becomes evident that climate is a fluctuating thing... we get warm periods and we get ice ages.

And if u look at these trends the correlation with solar output is phenomenal.
In times of weak solar activity the country cools, and in times of high solar activity the country warms.

it has been reported that around 17,000 (i think) scientists have signed a petition stating that global warming is natural.

however i do agree we shud reduce C02, but not for climate change issues. just general health issues.
Nyx;zombified
Killjoy
Nyx;zombified
March 17th, 2007 at 07:28am
Oh, geez.
I know that I am going to disgust a lot of people. And you're going to demand why I think it, but if I gave my argument, it would take me more than a few hours.

Basically.
I don't believe in man-made global warming.
And CO2 is NOT a pollutant. And does not affect the warming of the planet.

My friend says, "CO2 is not a pollutant. It is completely natural. It's in human blood, and not everyone is polluting the Earth".

I don't really get that. But she has only had about 5 hours of sleep. Or something.
Waysrule
Awake and Unafraid
Waysrule
March 17th, 2007 at 01:53pm
well the other day it was like 78 degrees here, and i was wearing shorts, and now i was just outin the snow
princeiona
Fabulous Killjoy
princeiona
March 18th, 2007 at 10:16am
Nyx;zombified:
Oh, geez.
I know that I am going to disgust a lot of people. And you're going to demand why I think it, but if I gave my argument, it would take me more than a few hours.

Basically.
I don't believe in man-made global warming.
And CO2 is NOT a pollutant. And does not affect the warming of the planet.

My friend says, "CO2 is not a pollutant. It is completely natural. It's in human blood, and not everyone is polluting the Earth".

I don't really get that. But she has only had about 5 hours of sleep. Or something.

I agree that man is not responsible for global warming. I'm not entirely convinced that global warming is occuring either. I'm not a monster who wants to destroy the world and i'm not a complete idiot. i recycle and don't leave lights on because it's wasteful to do otherwise not because I think that it's going to prevent the world from changing as it inevitably does.

My biggest problem is that the media takes it as given that global warming is occuring and that it's caused by man, that is one theory but there are many others out there and it is ignorant not to be aware of other arguments.
billy99
Motor Baby
billy99
March 19th, 2007 at 05:00am
I'm not sure about this. Of course, there are lots of factors that lead to global warming, but humans are not only the cause. I think we just made it accelerate. But, global warming or not, it's good to turn off appliances you don't use and that whatnot.
x_DemolitionLover
Killjoy
x_DemolitionLover
March 19th, 2007 at 08:08am
Global Warming is a big problem
I watched this movie and like it said something about the Earth's contenents can like be submerged under sea level..
Global warming stuff stinks
Nyx;zombified
Killjoy
Nyx;zombified
March 19th, 2007 at 04:21pm
princeiona:

I agree that man is not responsible for global warming. I'm not entirely convinced that global warming is occuring either. I'm not a monster who wants to destroy the world and i'm not a complete idiot. i recycle and don't leave lights on because it's wasteful to do otherwise not because I think that it's going to prevent the world from changing as it inevitably does.

My biggest problem is that the media takes it as given that global warming is occuring and that it's caused by man, that is one theory but there are many others out there and it is ignorant not to be aware of other arguments.

Hallelujah for a person with sense. Smile

I really recommend that, when you have a spare hour and a quarter, you watch this video here. To understand that you should not believe everything you hear about man-made global warming. It was made by Channel 4 and aired in England.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XttV2C6B8pU

And I use 'you' collectively.
umbrellaXacademy
Killjoy
umbrellaXacademy
March 19th, 2007 at 04:41pm
ok either we all ditch the cars, plances, etc n hop on the bikes or
we all stop breathing?
how bout it?
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
March 20th, 2007 at 01:03am
How bout you don't spam here?

Off topic discussion or posts that have no relevance to the topic being
discussed is considered spam, and is not welcome here in the DB.
Please try to keep it relevant and on topic in the future, ok?

Not to rip on you, just to inform you.
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
March 20th, 2007 at 01:36pm
Gerardopoly:
Also they only have records of what the earth has been doing for a couple hundred years. The temperatures show that the world is heating up. But what about before they started keeping the records? They aren't completely sure.

Actually, they are sure. They use carbon dating and they drill for soil samples. They can drill down into the earth and take a sample of dirt. When they analyze the dirt, they can determine how old the dirt is, what the earth was like back then, and what the temperature was. This is how we discovered the ice ages.

They've determined that global temperatures have gone up and down all throughout history, little warming periods and little cooling periods. What they've found is that the warming period we're experiencing now is 100 times greater than anything that the earth has ever experienced before.

And despite our efforts, the U.S. is the leading polluting country. The U.S. is responsible for 29.3 % of greenhouse gas pollutants in the world. By contrast, China is responsible for 14.5% and Russia 8.4%. Three other countries were at 5% and the rest of the world are at less than 1%.
Nyx;zombified
Killjoy
Nyx;zombified
March 20th, 2007 at 01:59pm
Beeblebrox:

What they've found is that the warming period we're experiencing now is 100 times greater than anything that the earth has ever experienced before.

That is untrue.
During the Medieval times, over about 4 centuries, the average temperature of the Earth was at a much, much higher level than it is now in 2007.
At a time where no one knew what CO2 was, nevermind any electricity, cars, planes or anything that are apparently pumping out carbon that is heating up the planet.
Go figure.
only died twice
Jazz Hands
only died twice
March 20th, 2007 at 04:13pm
Global Warming is not cause by man kind but rather it is sped up by man kind, because it is just a natural cycle of the earth.

it happens all the time, just in large intervals and we havn't had one in a while.

we are do.
Nyx;zombified
Killjoy
Nyx;zombified
March 20th, 2007 at 04:16pm
Mmmmhhhhhh but it's not even sped up by mankind.
Beeblebrox
Really Not Okay
Beeblebrox
March 21st, 2007 at 03:40pm
It's clear that everyone has a different set of facts in front of them. What I've read conflicts with what someone else has read which conflicts with what another person has read. So, obviously there are a lot of reports on global warming out there that don't agree. So we must agree to disagree.
princeiona
Fabulous Killjoy
princeiona
March 21st, 2007 at 05:47pm
^ Basically my point. There are so many conflicting views and yet people keep on trying to pass things off as definate and fact. The only sure thing in science is that nothing is ever sure.
Nyx;zombified
Killjoy
Nyx;zombified
March 23rd, 2007 at 10:55am
^ That is very true. So then what you have to say is you shouldn't believe everything you are told.