Don't have an account? Create one!

Smashing Pumpkins

AuthorMessage
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
September 10th, 2007 at 03:54am
It's good, but I think it's lame they let an unfinished video win first prize. I know you only had to complete 2 minutes as a minimum, but I think it's kind of dumb.
The second place and honorable mention though...er, yeah left a lot to be desired.

I should be watching the Pumpkins right now Sad Stupid work changing my schedule at the last minute. I could have gone to Toronto after all, it just so happens that I'm now not working tomorrow. Piss me off.....

Oh well, I get to see them in Philly in 40 days! Very Happy
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
September 16th, 2007 at 07:08pm
Oh man, they were AWESOME last night at the KROQ LA Invasion. They did a webcast last night and they sounded freaking great.

They started playing Bring The Light!! Very Happy Very Happy And they totally pull off the solo flawlessly.
They also played Perfect a few nights ago in Vegas.

Oh this makes me SO excited about the fall shows. More stuff from the back catalog!
bound and gagged
Bulletproof Heart
bound and gagged
September 17th, 2007 at 02:47pm
The local rock station here is giving away 2 tickets with backstage passes for the Pumpkins concert next Wednesday.

Mom's trying to win. I told her if she wins and we go backstage, I'm going to ask Billy if I can touch his head.
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
September 17th, 2007 at 04:33pm
even I have never asked to touch his head Laughing though I have contemplated it for the fall...

If he says no to touching his head, ask for a hug. Billy gives really good hugs. And he smells fantastic...kind of like vanilla and fresh rain.
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
September 17th, 2007 at 09:52pm
touching his head is one of my aims in life....
mirarle
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mirarle
September 18th, 2007 at 06:11am
^ Haha.

I never thought about touching his head. Hm...I'd be ecstatic to even see him onstage.
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
September 18th, 2007 at 12:40pm
well yeah, me too but a girl can dream....
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
September 18th, 2007 at 09:31pm
he's weird about being touched sometimes. Only recently has he been in this no touching state of mind. He won't shake hands with people, and if he does it's quick and awkward. He doesn't hug many people anymore either.

which totally sucks...because like I said before, he gives great hugs.

not that I really blame him. I wouldn't want a bunch of weird people touching me everyday Laughing

some woman practically jumped on him in SF. She ambushed him and hugged him around his waist. He just kind of stared at her, I don't think he knew what to do. She was standing there rubbing her hands over his stomach...it was really creepy.
I think he wanted to crawl into a hole just to get away from her. I felt so bad for him.
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
September 18th, 2007 at 11:32pm
Tehe
bound and gagged
Bulletproof Heart
bound and gagged
September 18th, 2007 at 11:36pm
But, I mean, I'm a cute innocent little Pumpkin. If I asked him, would he let me?
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
September 19th, 2007 at 01:36am
depends on his mood really...you never know with him.
bound and gagged
Bulletproof Heart
bound and gagged
September 20th, 2007 at 03:20pm
My teacher almost made a Pumipkins reference yesterday. We were talking about colonial concerts.

"And they probably went to see the Smashing ...... Gerbils or something!"
Meagan.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Meagan.
September 20th, 2007 at 04:34pm
Im hoping Smashing Pumpkins will headline Big Day Out in Australia, i havent seen any Australian tour dates as of yet so im just really hoping they come for big day out. would be fantastic i love the Pumpkins
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
September 22nd, 2007 at 11:38pm
I don't think they will be doing it. BDO is in November right?
They'll still be doing their US tour dates at least until winter. And I think they are going to do more dates in the spring. I only say that because Billy said they wouldn't announce dates in New York City, Chicago, and other major cities until next year.
I personally don't anticipate them going overseas again until late spring/early summer (May-June) of 2008.
degaussed.
Jazz Hands
degaussed.
September 25th, 2007 at 08:25pm
Hai guys.

I need some help. One of my friends kept singing a Pumpkins song (or at least I think so) containing the word "cupcake" , and now it's haunting me.
What song could it be?
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
September 25th, 2007 at 09:16pm
As far as I know, there is no song that contains the word cupcake in any lyrics.
I could be mistaken, but I'm like 99.9% certain.
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
September 25th, 2007 at 09:52pm
best day of music tv EVER!
I saw that's the way my love is TWICE
and tonight tonight.
I got chills with tonight tonight XD
degaussed.
Jazz Hands
degaussed.
September 25th, 2007 at 10:06pm
maryaxe:
As far as I know, there is no song that contains the word cupcake in any lyrics.
I could be mistaken, but I'm like 99.9% certain.

I was wrong Shifty2

It was pop tart, in Try, Try, Try.
Fireplug.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fireplug.
September 29th, 2007 at 11:42pm
I wonder if theres a Pumpkins forum somewhere.
Sad

Could someone give me some links to some good interviews or whatever of them?
I feel like I don't know them that well, but I'm in love with their music so bad...

Smile
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
September 30th, 2007 at 02:35am
if you're looking for any good forums, you won't find any.
There's Netphoria, but I don't wish them upon anyone. They used to be really funny, but now they're just bitter douchebags who think it's really fun to hate on the band.
There's Blamo, but well....just don't go there.

and that's about it. Maybe some minor forums on fan sites, but nothing worth really bothering with.

Interviews...oh man there's so many. You should seriously be able to put Smashing Pumpkins interviews into Google and get a ton of results. Billy did an interview with Risen magazine a couple years ago that was really great. If I have the transcript of it still, I'll post it.
Billy usually comes across really weird in interviews. But the one in Risen is so....him. It's not pretentious, it's not arrogant, it's kind of funny. The magazine is sort of geared towards religion and spirituality, but they don't talk about it too much.

And 19 more days until I see them again!! cow cow