Don't have an account? Create one!

Smashing Pumpkins

AuthorMessage
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
February 4th, 2008 at 08:00pm
oh awesome! hang around if you can. If you write a letter or something to Billy, in case you don't get to talk to him, just kind of yell out to him and let him know you have something for him. He's pretty good about taking those sorts of things from people.

You're really going to get an awesome show. And Billy's in a new outfit. Back to black leather skirts for him, similar to Machina Era. Hot. drool

Wink
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
February 7th, 2008 at 06:33am
awh man, that sounds badass.

If I came within five feet of him I'd die anyway...hence why I'm wary to get barrier....
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
February 8th, 2008 at 01:42pm
LOL. Believe me, I was completely freaking the first time I was within 50 feet of him! But you'll want to be front row if you can. He watches the front row throughout the whole show and pretty much examines everyone when he first walks on stage; he'll probably make eye contact with you a few times.
Not to mention it's just mind blowing watching him play guitar.

I'm so excited for you. I cant wait to hear all about it!
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
February 8th, 2008 at 04:28pm
oh god, I'm shoving my way to front row with or without Claire, I don't care.

shit though, Billy Corgan seeing me....yikes!
and I cannot wait to see him play...my mouth will hit the dirt!

I'd love to know who support is though...

and of course you'll here about it. I'll be flaunting shots if I get any good ones Mr. Green
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
February 10th, 2008 at 07:23pm
I can't wait to hear about it! Very Happy I hope you had fun tonight
Fireplug.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fireplug.
February 10th, 2008 at 10:51pm
I cannot wait for another tour.
Smashing Pumpkins was the absolute best show I have ever seen.
The whole thing is an experience.

The fans are definately the coolest. They're so nice and laid back! I seriously met like 20 kids who were amazing and I felt so involved for like... the first time ever.

And of course the show is like WOW. They sound perfect live and so fun to watch!

>.>
Anyways, I'll stop sonding like an infomercial now.
*squees for next tour*

Too bad the venue I went to last time was horrible for meeting the band.
They seriously are surrounded by high walls and a moat. 0.0
rofl.
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
February 11th, 2008 at 03:30pm
okay I'll just link my blog as it has all my pictures and video's and I've spent all day doing it.

but Angie, thank you fortelling me they were coming becasue I don't think I would've found out other wise and they were so incredible I'm still in shock.

it was amazing.

my [extensive] blog 'cause that's how I roll Mr. Green
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
February 12th, 2008 at 05:51pm
I am so very glad to hear you had a great time! Very Happy you got to hear some songs that I have yet to hear live...and they better still be playing them the next time they come here!
I doubt Billy wants to hear me whine about it Wink

and yes, SP fans are by the far the most social and inclusive. I have made so many friends at shows, many of them have become some of my best friends. I don't ever mind the 10-12 hours of waiting in line because I know it will never be boring.
At one of the shows in Asheville, a 16 year old girl was there with her mother. She came to check out the line and was so excited, it was her first time seeing them. But her mom didn't want to wait in line all that time, so she said they would be back later. Many of us remembered what that was like, going to our first shows. So after some discussion, the decision was made and a spot was saved for them line to ensure that she would see her first show from the front row.
When she came back a couple hours later, I thought she would die when she saw that we saved her a spot, she instantly started to cry. Unfortunately, after the show, she left like 5 minutes before Billy came outside. We told him and he was like oh that's a shame, but I'm glad to hear she loved the show.

But yeah, there's always food, drinks, water and stories to be shared. There isn't another fanbase that's as great as the SP one. Smile
Fireplug.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fireplug.
February 13th, 2008 at 01:20am
maryaxe:
I am so very glad to hear you had a great time! Very Happy you got to hear some songs that I have yet to hear live...and they better still be playing them the next time they come here!
I doubt Billy wants to hear me whine about it Wink

and yes, SP fans are by the far the most social and inclusive. I have made so many friends at shows, many of them have become some of my best friends. I don't ever mind the 10-12 hours of waiting in line because I know it will never be boring.
At one of the shows in Asheville, a 16 year old girl was there with her mother. She came to check out the line and was so excited, it was her first time seeing them. But her mom didn't want to wait in line all that time, so she said they would be back later. Many of us remembered what that was like, going to our first shows. So after some discussion, the decision was made and a spot was saved for them line to ensure that she would see her first show from the front row.
When she came back a couple hours later, I thought she would die when she saw that we saved her a spot, she instantly started to cry. Unfortunately, after the show, she left like 5 minutes before Billy came outside. We told him and he was like oh that's a shame, but I'm glad to hear she loved the show.

But yeah, there's always food, drinks, water and stories to be shared. There isn't another fanbase that's as great as the SP one. Smile

x.x shit I jsut typed all this and accidentally hit back and lost it. OKAY here I go again.

Soooo! The venue I saw for SP was the same I saw two days later for Fall Out Boy,

On the day of SP, I got there like 6-7 hours early in the freezing and rain and there was like 10-15 people in line. It stayed an organized line until like 45 minutes until the show then we kind of squished up against the gate but we still had room.

HOWEVER

On the day of FOB it was sunny outside and I got there like 5 hours early and there was like 20-30 people there already all squished up against the gate being all scene and fangirly. x.x Then it just got more and more squished as time went on. By the time it was time to go in everyone was packed so tightly that you could lean on the people around you and they wouldn't even know. X.X

So, in conclusion.

Sp fans > crazy PW lovers.

The end.
Very Happy Dance
Cait.
Always Born a Crime
Cait.
February 13th, 2008 at 08:18am
Saw them last night Cheese
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
February 13th, 2008 at 08:33am
you know what I did though, Angie, I deleted my video's of Bullet with Butterfly Wings and Cherub Rock off my camera because I thought I had already uploaded them.
I nearly started crying.

I totally agree with the fan thing though, the ones I met in the queue [we weren't queuing long because doors were at 7 and you weren't allowed to queue before half 6 like it says in my blog], they're so nice and much more sane than newer band fans.
Especially MyChem ones...oh sweet Reverend, half of them are CRAZY.

and I couldn't believe how long they played...it blew my mind.

and the poster I got on the way out is a Tonight, Tonight bit of amazingness from 1997.
I feel so proud to own it and it was a bargain. Mr. Green

how did you find your show?^
Fireplug.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fireplug.
February 13th, 2008 at 06:55pm
=o
>.>
Do you have a pic of your poster?
I wanna see. :]
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
February 15th, 2008 at 07:50am
yepppp Mr. Green

it's on my door and our hall is really narrow so the picture sucks Sad
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
February 15th, 2008 at 01:50pm
I have that poster! Very Happy it is not currently hanging up though. I don't have enough room on my walls for all my posters and other stuff.

and yeah, I have spent a lot of time around fans of other bands and they generally are not nearly as friendly...or sane.

-Too many kids cutting in line while waiting for MCR. THAT makes me INSANE. It goes against all sense of concert etiquette. I was ready to beat up some 12 year olds...and the dumb parents with them for allowing it...for real. And dear god were they aggressive once inside. I had no idea 13 year olds had so much to be angry about.
-at Justin Timberlake, they were too busy bitching at each other over ridiculous stuff to be nice to each other.
-deftones fans are really talkers it seems. I usually just kind of entertain myself by listening to my mp3 player

etc, etc, etc.

And yes, the shows have been long. Billy realizes how long people have been waiting for them. Though they always did play kind of long shows.

This weekend I am going to work on my essay to hopefully get one of the positions available at smashingpumpkins.com. wish me luck!
Fireplug.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fireplug.
February 15th, 2008 at 05:29pm
Good luck!

&& OMG That poster is the raddest thing I have ever seen in my life!
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
February 16th, 2008 at 04:07pm
hence why it's on my door, no room elsewhere, trust me.
It's wall to wall posters.
and thanks Fireplug Mr. Green

ARGH MCR FANS CUT ALL THE TIME.
myself and my friend Naomi 2 as I am Naomi 1 [haha] were ready to tear this girl apart at the last show.
We'd been queuing for 9 hours and then she comes just before the doors open and cuts in front of us.

Angie, you're pretty much a part of their road crew, I have every faith in you.
but you must remember us when you're walking for the Almighty Bald One Tehe
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
February 16th, 2008 at 07:30pm
My dad and I bought our Pumpkins tickets yesterday. Seeing them next month, can't wait.
Fireplug.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fireplug.
February 17th, 2008 at 05:26am
Fatal Madonna.:
hence why it's on my door, no room elsewhere, trust me.
It's wall to wall posters.
and thanks Fireplug Mr. Green

ARGH MCR FANS CUT ALL THE TIME.
myself and my friend Naomi 2 as I am Naomi 1 [haha] were ready to tear this girl apart at the last show.
We'd been queuing for 9 hours and then she comes just before the doors open and cuts in front of us.

Angie, you're pretty much a part of their road crew, I have every faith in you.
but you must remember us when you're walking for the Almighty Bald One Tehe

rotflmfao.
me and my friend have a theory...
if SP ever had a lazer show it would be like... lethal... cause all the lazers would bounce off Billy's shiny amazing head and shoot into the crowd knocking out unknowing fans left and right!
Shocked
oh the humanity.
Fireplug.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fireplug.
February 17th, 2008 at 05:27am
second hand smoke.:
My dad and I bought our Pumpkins tickets yesterday. Seeing them next month, can't wait.

zomg its samara!
yayyyy!
like I said on myspace... you must tell me everything about this show!
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
February 17th, 2008 at 03:34pm
argh, Iwish I could see them again.

They kinda did have lasers at the show....I think they skillfully made them miss Mister Billy's head so we wouldn't all go blind.
but imagine telling your grandkids that one, 'I went to a Smashing Pumpkins concert- best night ever- and got blinded by a bald head' Tehe