Don't have an account? Create one!

Anarchy

AuthorMessage
Jordyn
Fabulous Killjoy
Jordyn
December 21st, 2006 at 08:34pm
Anarchy is a terrible idea for many reasons. Any person who cannot see that does clearly not know what Anarchy even is. Either that, or they're just following a trend.
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
December 22nd, 2006 at 07:56am
What are your reasons?

Why is it we're all assuming that without rules the human race would become an irresponsible, uneducated bunch of murderers?
Austing
Banned
Austing
December 22nd, 2006 at 02:12pm
assiralc talc:
What are your reasons?

Why is it we're all assuming that without rules the human race would become an irresponsible, uneducated bunch of murderers?

Allow me to answer your second question first
If people are given the choice to work or not work,theres a good chance they wont work,if people are given the chance the go to school or not go to school,theres a good chance they wont go to school.
now lets say someone in anarchy land wants to work and opens a store
if a man robs a store in anarchy land,because he fears no punishment and the store owner shoots him

what then?
PunkerThanThou
Thinking Happy Thoughts
PunkerThanThou
December 22nd, 2006 at 03:08pm
I'd say half you kids who claim to be anarchists don't even know what anarchy is.

It is not total chaos.

It is not total peace.

It is not a cult the Sex Pistols started.

I'm on the brink of following Anarchist idealogy, actually, simply because of a few revelations I've had concerning laws, regulations, and government; of course, there is anarchy in moderation- meaning, some anarchists believe in SOME form of government. Anarchists do, surprisingly have some great ideas- overlooked, but great ideas nevertheless. For those of you who approve/disapprove of anarchy and actually know what it is, I respect your ideas.
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
December 22nd, 2006 at 05:49pm
Austing:
If people are given the choice to work or not work,theres a good chance they wont work,if people are given the chance the go to school or not go to school,theres a good chance they wont go to school.
if a man robs a store in anarchy land,because he fears no punishment and the store owner shoots him

what then?

There would be no judicial system to punish the store owner or the man.
That's just one possible scenario that could arise in an anarchist society, and one that often occurs in societies that follow current judicial system. I don't think you can say directly that anarchy leads to criminality because criminality exists in non-anarchists societies. Modern anarchism advocates the rejection of oppressive governmental systems and the creation of self-ruling forms of trade in the hope that this will reestablish standards of morality lost under capitalism. (That sounded like a load of twaddle, but it makes sense to me.) I just see that anarchy is often equated with chaos and nihilism, which makes me try to return to its idealogy.
Austing
Banned
Austing
December 22nd, 2006 at 05:51pm
assiralc talc:
Austing:

what then?

There would be no judicial system to punish the store owner or the man.
That's just one possible scenario that could arise in an anarchist society, and one that often occurs in societies that follow current judicial system. I don't think you can say directly that anarchy leads to criminality because criminality exists in non-anarchists societies. Modern anarchism advocates the rejection of oppressive governmental systems and the creation of self-ruling forms of trade in the hope that this will reestablish standards of morality lost under capitalism. (That sounded like a load of twaddle, but it makes sense to me.) I just see that anarchy is often equated with chaos and nihilism, which makes me try to return to its idealogy.

Thats nice,I understand that
In a society with a government though,both those men would be punished

Why don't you answer my question now
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
December 22nd, 2006 at 05:59pm
I thought I did answer your question- they would not be punished by a government. I can't really give a better answer because they're fictional characters. Not in every government society would both individuals be punished- sometimes only the actions of the shooter would be punished because as a crime they outweigh the attempt at robbery.
Austing
Banned
Austing
December 22nd, 2006 at 05:59pm
So they wouldnt be punished is your answer

They're free to kill more people
Thats how you get serial killers
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
December 22nd, 2006 at 06:05pm
Just because they are punished doesn't ensure that they won't kill again. And just because there is no governing body does not necessarily mean that there will be implusive robberies and murders.
Austing
Banned
Austing
December 22nd, 2006 at 06:05pm
but theres still a chance it would happen

people thrive on power
if you give them the power to kill with no punishment they can easily take advantage of it
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
December 22nd, 2006 at 06:11pm
Not everybody thrives on power, and not everybody would use this to kill because they knew they would not punished. To not change society because of fear that a minority would abuse its opportunities is unfair to the masses who would not go around killing everyone they see.
Austing
Banned
Austing
December 22nd, 2006 at 06:15pm
The masses would suffer

"Not everyone thrives on power"
It only takes one person to massacre
assiralc talc
Really Not Okay
assiralc talc
December 22nd, 2006 at 06:20pm
It only takes one person to massacre in a non-anarchist society as well.
Austing
Banned
Austing
December 22nd, 2006 at 06:25pm
One person who can be caught and dealt with

Who's gonna deal with the murderer in anarchy land?
No one
Me-ninja
Joining The Black Parade
Me-ninja
December 22nd, 2006 at 07:48pm
well, if it doesent, mikey told me the rong meaning of anarchy X)
Slacker
Killjoy
Slacker
December 22nd, 2006 at 08:05pm
Amusing Craig, all i said was someone who doesnt beleive in order etc. Which im not sure is 100% right, but hey.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
December 23rd, 2006 at 04:21pm
Anarchy - The complete lack of government in a society.
No accepted governing influences, no laws, no court. Complete and terrible freedom.
PunkerThanThou
Thinking Happy Thoughts
PunkerThanThou
December 23rd, 2006 at 06:46pm
bloodredruby69:
Anarchy - The complete lack of government in a society.
No accepted governing influences, no laws, no court. Complete and terrible freedom.

I'm not an Anarchist, but...

That's a HIGHLY blunt, plain, indescriptive way of explaining anarchy- if one heard that, they'd obviously think anarchy is pathetic- Anarchists don't believe in rules, due to the fact that with lack of government, the instinct of humans to revolt vanishes, according to human instinct- and if everyone had what they wanted, there would be no reason to complain.

I'm not saying I agree either way, but that's how they view it.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
December 24th, 2006 at 01:35am
^I meant it to be. That is, in a nutshell, what anarchy is.
I wanted to be blunt and plain, so that people could interpret it the way they want, and form their own opinions on it.

I was offering a description, to the others in here who don't really know what anarchy is.
I pulled the first line out of the Oxford Dictionary, to give a no-ruffles definition of anarchy. (I added a "complete" though)
The second line was a little clarification, from my POV.
ros.
Salute You in Your Grave
ros.
December 24th, 2006 at 04:24am
I don't ever think that true anarchy can take place. Someone will always be in charge. Even within rebellions there will always be a leader.