Don't have an account? Create one!

Anarchy

AuthorMessage
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
November 3rd, 2006 at 03:42pm
Anarchy is not about self-imposed government. Anarchy is the complete lack of rules, laws, and governing influences.

In other words, Anarchy is freedom in a way that would destroy us; more freedom than society can handle.

Rape, murder and theft are part of our society. But if there were no consequences, the rates of those crimes would skyrocket. People today ARE deterred by the consequences.

In a study about shoplifting, for instance, the amount of people who took items from an unwatched area of the store was hugely greater than the number of people who took things from the area where there was a fake video camera.

They don't want to get caught and punished.

No punishment + people having absolute freedom = Murder, death, tyranny, gangs, starvation, disease, and the eventual evolvement of a dictatorship. And trust me, a dictatorship would be a helluva lot worse than what we have now. If we survive to see it at all.
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
November 4th, 2006 at 11:37am
sawa:
people dont murder and rape people unprovoked or without reason. so yus people do murder and rape even with laws so therefore punnishing people isnt much of a detterant. but surely as humans are intelligent most people think it unproductive to kill people and would therefore not. but those that do kill and rape people its their choice and punishing them doesnt do anything for families appart from vengence which id say is pretty old fashioned.
If people are so intelligent then we wouldn't have needed laws to stop people from raping, murdering, stealing and whatever else in the first place. And what you're saying about it being your choice makes no sense to me. It seems as though you mean if I go out and beat up a five-year-old and get arrested, all I have to say to the police when I'm caught is "It's my choice, I wanted to do it, so you can't stop me?"
Punishment is not about vengence, it's about prevention. If you get punished for doing something, unless you're incredibly stupid, you're not likely to do it again. And if someone is imprisoned for life - and I mean life - then there is no chance that they will hurt anyone else.

sawa:
yus people steal money to survive but if they have enough "wealth" to survive and feed adictions then surely there is little need for them to steal. if wealth is shared out then then who would you owe debts to as anarchism generally supports the ideal of abolishing money
And if there are no laws then it is impossible to control how much money each person gets as they could easily get more money from somewhere.

sawa:
anarchism is about self imposed governance therefore there is order . you dont need a hierarchial society to have order.
Anarchism is about the destruction of all democracy, not self-imposed government. Society needs a hierarchy. Society has always had a hierarchy. Without someone having more power than you, you can do whatever you want and you can make other people do whatever you want them to do.
sawa:
the goverment put restrictions on how you should live, what you can do, what you can say, what you can know. protect people from what? themselves surely sercurity isnt as important as freedom . well you see you tend to vote for a government and seeing as anarchism entail lack of rulers it would be a little hypocritical for me to vote when i am old enough which should be next election. What diffence does it make to vote all the main parties are centre-right or worse they are essentially the same in all of relevence whether its the conservatives the lib dems, or labour. an essentially 3 party system because of sponsers in a representive "democracy" means there is little choice
People need protecting from themselves sometimes. People have a habit of doing exactly what is bad for them and without rules and restriction people would do exactly what was bad for them with no thought to what consequences their actions might have. Without security, there would be no freedom. Without a democracy of some sort, we'd be living in the past. Democracy means you have a choice. Anarchism would never work because someone, somewhere, would declare themselves as the 'ruler' and there might end up being a dictatorship. In fact, it would be an Adolf Hitler type situation all over again - no real government, one person says they have all the answers, they become the leader of the country and decide everything to do with the country based on their own personal beliefs rather than what the people want. Surely the current government is much better than that.
Fermez Ton Bouche
Joining The Black Parade
Fermez Ton Bouche
November 4th, 2006 at 12:17pm
People aren't good enough in general to make anarchy work in my opinion.
Spaztastic
Salute You in Your Grave
Spaztastic
November 5th, 2006 at 10:03am
Ghetto--Superstar:

Anarchism would never work because someone, somewhere, would declare themselves as the 'ruler' and there might end up being a dictatorship. In fact, it would be an Adolf Hitler type situation all over again.

if there were true anarchy no one would follow the so called "ruler." It would be pretty hard for someone to dubbed themself ruler when no one listens to the government.

and if someone did happen to get into power, I doubt they'd be like Hitler.
Plus, he was voted in...he didn't take over.
Kid__
Always Born a Crime
Kid__
November 6th, 2006 at 02:24pm
Social Suicide:
if there were true anarchy no one would follow the so called "ruler." It would be pretty hard for someone to dubbed themself ruler when no one listens to the government.

and if someone did happen to get into power, I doubt they'd be like Hitler.
Plus, he was voted in...he didn't take over.
I know. The next part explained how it could end up being that way.

And in times of crisis, people always follow the ones who appear to know what they are doing, so there could end up being a democracy again with people following someone they think has all the answers.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
November 8th, 2006 at 06:29pm
^Either that, or the person with the most followers and weapons would take power. It's not like there would really be anything to stop them. Gangs would rule the streets, the members of the gangs would have everything and no one else would have anything.

It's the hoarding and pack instincts that we follow, regardless of whether we know it or not.
dream brother
Jazz Hands
dream brother
November 14th, 2006 at 07:35pm
the marquis de sade wrote something about how people who are victims of theft should be the ones punished for being weak enough to have something stolen off them in the first place

and XxUsedxX think of all the bad things that happen right now with government and all the bad things directly caused by your government
MistressRhi
Motor Baby
MistressRhi
November 14th, 2006 at 08:31pm
^wow thats an interesting view on theft, lol kinda makes me think he only said it because he got something stolen once and didnt do enough, so he said that to make himself seem braver, lol! but then again this is the Marquis de sade we are talking about, anything is possible, lol!!

Anarchy cannot reign totally nor can order, they are always in balance, one tipping the scales at one point or another but always put back into balance by the other.
the anti-scenester
Motor Baby
the anti-scenester
November 15th, 2006 at 08:46pm
Anarchy is lawlessness by definition.

I believe in that.

But not chaos.

We are simply too irresponsible to handle a state of anarchy. In a perfect world, there would be complete anarchy.

We cannot move on until we realize that we cannot run around telling each other what to do and trying to punish each other.. eveyrone has to be responsible for themselves, but that's just not in the near future.

So I don't know what I support RIGHT now.
marla singer.
Salute You in Your Grave
marla singer.
November 16th, 2006 at 02:50am
Realistically, I don't think the world could make
anarchy work.
It'd just be complete & utter chaos.
So we'd need someone in charge.
But anarchy is a great theory.
I'd love the idea of no government!
But I don't think it'd work.
dream brother
Jazz Hands
dream brother
November 16th, 2006 at 03:38am
well i cant remember all of what the marquis de sade said but i read this quote from him once where he was explaining why governments were wrong and laws were tupid and anarchy should be followed

he also said things like rape wasnt a crime because its the victims fault and murder isnt a crime because if somebody wanted to kill somebody they should be allowed to and it should be remembered that he was in a mental institution for extreme views and yeah he did make a good point about protecting your ownership of your property and people wouldnt be so lax about security if theft only punished the weak who got stole from
Spaztastic
Salute You in Your Grave
Spaztastic
November 16th, 2006 at 07:56am
xOhTheHorror!___:
Realistically, I don't think the world could make
anarchy work.
It'd just be complete & utter chaos.
So we'd need someone in charge.
But anarchy is a great theory.
I'd love the idea of no government!
But I don't think it'd work.

Anarchy is complete and utter chaos.
it also is what takes place when there is no government.
ZombieXDoll
Killjoy
ZombieXDoll
November 19th, 2006 at 09:39pm
If you think about it there will always be someone overpowering someone else.
So basically anarchy can only work for a day or two because someone is going to
try to rule someone, or try to be in higher power . so we can try.
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
November 19th, 2006 at 09:57pm
ZombieXDoll:
If you think about it there will always be someone overpowering someone else.
So basically anarchy can only work for a day or two because someone is going to
try to rule someone, or try to be in higher power . so we can try.

^this reminded me of something.

The most brillioant example of Anarchy was the French Revolution. The poor rose up and struck down the rich, cut off a couple of peoples heads, and killed thousands of people, all in an effort to change the way the goverment was- and make it better. You know who was put in the place of their old kind? Napoleon. And if any read up on him, he was more tyrannical than the previous king. So basically all this effort and destruction for nothing.
xXDr. KrazyXx
Fabulous Killjoy
xXDr. KrazyXx
November 24th, 2006 at 03:57pm
See, I'm a neutral in this area. I believe myself to be an anarchist. I think that the government shoud not rule the people, and that we can take care of ourselves. But, as I said, I'm a neutral. With out the government, only the strong survive, generally. But, hey, I think the president could use an eight-grade literature class.
xMari_Malicex
Motor Baby
xMari_Malicex
December 4th, 2006 at 06:22pm
I would never want an anarchy-centered world. You need order to be restored in a world like this. The image of a nicer world without government is often a whole lot more extravegant than it would be in reality.
cheshirecat
Killjoy
cheshirecat
December 4th, 2006 at 06:45pm
i guess ideally anarchy would be great....but i think that in practice it wouldnt really work.....theres ups and downs to it....
Feel What You Feel.
Bleeding on the Floor
Feel What You Feel.
December 4th, 2006 at 06:53pm
See, with anarchy....There's no one stopping some random people with guns from shooting millions of people. There would be no one to take charge and have an organized way of taking the people down; everyone would try to do their own thing and wind up dead.
It seems pretty cool, but I doubt it would work in reality.

I know a bunch of people who would probably shoot someone they hate in a second if there weren't any rules against it, and they wouldn't get arrested.
The rules scare some people in a way, so they make sure they don't get themselves into trouble.
Feel What You Feel.
Bleeding on the Floor
Feel What You Feel.
December 4th, 2006 at 07:03pm
I just remembered something!
Isn't the government in charge of the schools? Without government, who's to say kids should go to school? No one. There would be a bunch more uneducated people because there aren't any rules about going to school. There would probably be fake schools where it's just some idiots trying to get money by teaching kids absolutely nothing, and soon there wouldn't be enough educated people around to hold jobs. Think about it.

Also, what about drugs? Wouldn't people just go around taking drugs? It's not like anything could happen to them because there's no rules around!

No one would feel safe leaving their house again because there would be crazy people all over the place: people on drugs, drinkers, rapists, murderers, child molesters, etc.

All that would happen under anarchy would be chaos. Sure, it's cool for the first eight seconds until you realize that there's some kid with a gun behind you and no one will stop them because murder is allowed.
Austing
Banned
Austing
December 21st, 2006 at 08:33pm
I think anarchy is an awful idea

A society without a government would crumble,theres no doubt